Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Wow is not dying it could only have 100K sub and still be running fine,
    That's not dying in the sense that being in maintenance mode is not dying. A game in that state is squeezing the last stream of revenue out of the residue of the player population who can't make themselves quit. This can be a prolonged process, but the game otherwise has no future.

The real turning point in an MMO is when revenue drops enough that an adequate stream of new content cannot be maintained. Is WoW at that point? It depends on how successful and sustainable their monetization strategies are.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Incel is when people don't like a game you like.

Quote Originally Posted by cardaniso View Post
    I keep seeing comments on wow-related material along the lines of "Blizzard is a shit company. wow is a dead game" etc. This is regardless of what the material is about. It could be a blog article about "Top 5 Sexy transmogs!" and you get these rather depressing, miserable off-topic comments.

I've never been that much into Blizzard games frankly, but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?
    To me they're no more (or less) irritating than those who act as if nothing is amiss even when absurd failures occur right in front of them.

They're both examples of people with a lack of honesty and realism.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Hmf...joined WoW back in May 2005.. Quit Sept 2016. You'd think a company would want to know why a customer with over a decade of time invested would just up and leave.

Honestly, many of you can only see that in what people are saying when it's not what they are saying.

For example the 9.3 thread where someone saying "WoW is not king anymore", somehow gets interpreted as 'WoW is dead". So, well... maybe the problem is with you.

WoW is not dead. It will be dead when it stops getting content support. So, stop playing the victim. What people mean is that WoW had a huge fall from grace and that is undeniable. From 13m subs to predicted 1-2m now. WoW is not the phenomenon it once was but it is still one of the most successful mmo's in the market.

So, keep your pants on. Stop overreacting to what people say and misinterpreting it or pretending it didn't actually have a huge fall. It did. But, it is not dead. For now at least. It still has an expansion coming. It still has content support.

It doesn't need to be the king to keep being alive. There are many mmo's out there that aren't the king and are still alive. Just get over this. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Incel is when people don't like a game you like.
    I find the most hilarious part of this entire thread.
    The OP just simply calls people that dislike the current direction of WoW as "Incels" and a sizeable posters seemingly just go "Yeah, you're right!".

It's one of those "I don't care what people say, as long as they agree with me" cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find the most hilarious part of this entire thread. The OP just simply calls people that dislike the current direction of WoW as "Incels" and a sizeable posters seemingly just go "Yeah, you're right!". It's one of those "I don't care what people say, as long as they agree with me" cases.
    More interesting, his join date is today. And this was his first post defending Activision/Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people who post all day every day about their ex of WoW in a seriously odd and pathetic way, but they are most likely a very small minority. I think what makes up a chunk of bitter anti WoW posts is just individuals venting their frustrations about the game a handful of times and then moving on as normally healthy. But since this is a major fansite and WoW is a big juicy target, you get a lot of 1 post Keyboard Turners making new "wow sucks" threads and then they move on with their lives after making 1 or 2 more posts in their thread. Then all the usual suspects and a small minority of "WoW incels" proceed to post in the thread until it's page 10 or 50 wheras if everyone was more like the OP and said one thing then dropped it it wouldn't get past page 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by cardaniso View Post
    I keep seeing comments on wow-related material along the lines of "Blizzard is a shit company. wow is a dead game" etc. This is regardless of what the material is about. It could be a blog article about "Top 5 Sexy transmogs!" and you get these rather depressing, miserable off-topic comments.

I've never been that much into Blizzard games frankly, but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?
    becaue every unhappy customer has right to write a review to ensure that other potential cutomers are avare how bad such product is

since blizzard spit in face of basicly 90 % of playerbase its natural that there is so much negative reviews going around .

this happens when you piss off casual payerbase who are majoirty of htose who play wow.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Thats unfortunately what happens here. I'd rather just be positive about the game. The game is doing extremely well, lots to like about Shadowlands, and the changes in 9.1.5 are very promising.

Looking forward to the rest of the expansion.
    "The game is doing extremely well"
    Now, I've always been a very big fan of WoW, but let's be realistic - the game is in one of its sorriest states ever. It's delusional to say it's doing extremely well. It's hemorrhaging subs. This isn't purely because of the lawsuit going on - I and many others started leaving shortly after SL release because we realized how hollow SL actually is.

How is it doing "extremely well"??
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great and seems unlikely to go anywhere constructive. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead