Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll prolly catch shit from New World fans, but the stuff looks pretty generic and soulless. Would be surprised if it lasts more than a month.

Part of me hopes I'm wrong. Competition is good, you know. But personally I couldn't ever find myself playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

What is your thoughts?
    The only thing about New World I know I got from this https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/new-world-for-pc in it it says

So, as a wow player those 6 dungeons stand out. Does New World have a Mythic+ equivalent? What would keep people busy? Are there raids? In that same article they say the map is "small" too, idk what small means to the writer but I don't think 6 dungeons and some quests will cut it. It sounds like a wow xpac but without M+ and raiding.

It also says this

Now, the time has finally come for the studio’s first full release, a crafting-and PvP-focused MMORPG called New World. As an MMO, the $39.99 New World relies heavily on its map-wide PvP and faction wars to fill out the gaps left by its drab questing structure and uninspired story.
    A crafting focused MMO? What the hell does that mean? And pvp focus? Well, maybe the PvPers will be happy, I don't pvp so from that article it doesn't sound like my type of players would be playing New World ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

For a month probably. I m expecting interest to drop quite fast after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    WoW would have to really screw it up to not have the next expansion end up with a lot of hype. If WoD couldnt kill WoW, and indeed was followed by Legion then I fail to see how the same cannot happen now.
    It isnt really even a case of Blizzard needing to "redeem" themselves. All they need to do is release an expansion that has stuff players want to do and not have it crash and burn like what Shadowlands did with Covid.

The only scenarios in which WoW doesnt get a huge upsurge is honestly if something even more catastrophic than Covid+Lawsuit kills it off, or Blizzard itself shuts it down. They could release the most middling of expansions and still rake in the hype from players that just want something new.
    Legion's success was built off of a terrible WOD expansion which saw development cut in favor for it. I mean its the only expansions to have 1 content patch. As for Shadowlands nothing is going to bail it out. Very few people like the story, the boss. the resolutions the story has brought with it or all the failed expansion features. Then we need to take into acct that 9.2 hasnt even been mentioned and is ways away. An to be honest, I don't think Blizzard creatively can turn it around by then.

An can we stop blaming Covid for just a terrible expansion. That other company has to deal with it and it still managed major patches, minor patches, fan service patches an expansion and probably another major patch in the time it took Shadowlands to get 1..

Final Fantasy seems to got a big hit in activity when New World released, WoW activitiy seems by the looks of it, rather stable like usual.
    Means that FF14 gonna have bigger isues with New World then WoW.

Also WoW has a big ass player base even those who dont play. Each expansion got days long 1M+ viewers on twitch alone.
    Even though WoW is no longer as big as oldskool days. When something new happens, everyone wants to be there.

I doubt WoW is in real trouble but they gotta release content faster then they do now.
    So what exactly are you basing these numbers off of, Twitch ? Give me a break...

With the new Amazon MMO here and a very clear sign of people trying it out, now the question goes do you think the game will last? or will it fall like any other MMORPG out there? A big spike of activity just to fall into their shadow later?

I noticed steam user review scored like an average 44% score, mainly due the 10 hours queue time.

What is your thoughts?
    Its combat is super clunky and....feels terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead