Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ill keep hopes up until I see a trailer. The reason for such faith is this.

Remember, Luke Skywalker did the voice for The Joker. If you told people that in 1992 they would probably think it was a horrible casting choice.

The one with Ron Jeremy was the best version.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    From what I read it is suppose to be animated rather than Live Action. So I'm already optimistic it will be better than most just because they have more freedom with animation styles than they do with live action at times. Plus despite liking the original Super Mario Bros. movie to an extent I can already see this one be a lot better.
    Have there ever been any good live actions?

when I heard it was Illumination producing it I lost any and all interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Have there ever been any good live actions?
    the original super Mario bros movie, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Not sure why they went with Crisp Rat to voice act Mario of all people. They even hinted that the original voice for Mario will have some role in the movie.

From the rest of their cast, I imagine it'll be a goofy movie though. Just Jack Black as Bowser alone is already a sign that this won't be a particularly serious movie. And I frankly wouldn't have it any other way.
    I guess it depends on how they're gonna want Mario depicted - as this stereotypical Italian guy, or something else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Very weird that these two got in a relationship and started a YouTube channel. If you didn't know, the guy was a producer on the REACT channel (of Fine Brothers infamy) and the girl was on Teens React as a cast member. Then they started dating once she was legal, lol.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just curious wth Donkey and Cranky kong are doing here and I hope its not just for a barrel tossing joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

It will be up there with Warcraft as the one of the greatest works of cinema.

I LOVE the 90's movie but I know im in the minority there. Hoskins and Hooper hamming it up! Its hilarious.

I am a life long nintendo nerd who loves Mario games but come on...
    I see nothing wrong with Pratt voicing Mario. Like are there really fucking Mario purists out there up in arms thats its not gonna be Martinets voice for an hour and half ? Do you know how grating that would be ? Its fine in small snippets in a game but hearing mario give a long ass speech would be beyond obnoxious.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    So don’t see a thread on this yet mostly cause we don’t have a trailer but they have atleast named the many actors playing key roles in the movie.
    With actors as Chris Pratt being the voice of Mario and some of the recents successful game movies(Sonic, detective pikachu).
    I’m cautiously optimistic that this could potentially be a decent movie.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7634766/
    when I first heard about it I thought it was another live action one, and I think I facepalmed myself so hard that deaf people heard it. Then I found out it was animated, unfacepalmed myself and yeah it has a pretty good cast so yeah.

wtf is with all this rape talk about Peach?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Chris Pratt and Mario. Two things I can stand the least, especially together.

Why they keep trying to adapt something this goofy and difficult to adapt is beyond me. Just because Sonic was awesome doesn't mean it'll work for every 90's game. Give me a proper Tekken movie, damnit!

I just can’t see Pratt being Mario. Charles martinet is so iconic. Perhaps Pratt finds himself thrust into the Mario Cinematic Universe as Mario by some accident and everyone else is playing it “straight”. He possess mario and we just have to have him reacting to the insanity of the mushroom kingdom for 90 minute or so. Not that it wouldn’t have some fun moments, mind you. 20 cannons pointed at him and they all shoot out slow ass bullet bills, certainly plenty of gags to be had.

Pratt as Pratt reacting to a mario movie, or Pratt trying to play Mario with the accent. Not sure there is a third “good” option, but I’m open to pleasant surprises

They showed a trailer/part of a trailer. Jack Black at least tries to sound menacing as Bowser but you can still hear him. Chris Pratt is in it for just a second and in his first line he sounds exactly like himself and in the second line it sounds like he at least attempted an accent. Visually it looks amazing though.

Okay but why do both Mario and Luigi look like Fix-it Felix knockoffs, that's so jarring
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Full trailer:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Uh... I guess?

Not sure we needed that, but oh well. Looks 'aight.

It looks alright but Im kinda dispointed really. I know Jack Black can do a Big Deep booming voice. But this sounds kinda Mute really, really quiet. And Mario, sounds so very wrong Even Dennis Hopper, in the live action movie sounded better to me

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    It looks alright but Im kinda dispointed really. I know Jack Black can do a Big Deep booming voice. But this sounds kinda Mute really, really quiet. And Mario, sounds so very wrong Even Dennis Hopper, in the live action movie sounded better to me
    Hopper was Bowser,Bob Hoskins was Mario,fun fact about that movie is Hoskins got suckered into it and didn't want to be there so he spent most of it drunk as hell, Leguizamo who played Luigi turned down a major role in Philadelphia to do the movie,the entire thing was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I mean visually looks cool, but yeah the voices feel off and is a bit jarring for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Hopper was Bowser,Bob Hoskins was Mario,fun fact about that movie is Hoskins got suckered into it and didn't want to be there so he spent most of it drunk as hell, Leguizamo who played Luigi turned down a major role in Philadelphia to do the movie,the entire thing was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

oh yea my bad, and yea I remember hearing that, But hear he sounde dmore like mario then Chris does