What would the races think of the others' capitals ?

What would the members of the various races of Azeroth think about the other races' capital cities in terms of architecture, design, colors, temperatures, weather, smell and liveability ?

For examples what would the non-human races of the Alliance think about Stormwind or Boralus ? How would the non-orcish races view or like Orgrimmar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    What would the members of the various races of Azeroth think about the other races' capital cities in terms of architecture, design, colors, temperatures, weather, smell and liveability ?

For examples what would the non-human races of the Alliance think about Stormwind or Boralus ? How would the non-orcish races view or like Orgrimmar ?
    Well, i think its like "Your capital is shit, our is great"
    Aside from NE and VE ofc.

For examples what would the non-human races of the Alliance think about Stormwind?
    Draenei: "This city has a tremendous supply of stone. The inhabitants must be wealthy beyond their dreams."

Any old race would think that the human cities are primitive and rudimentary. Elven cities have massive domes while human cities have wooden roofs.

The Highborne would see Silvermoon as a cheap imitation of Suramar and Zin-Azshari, while Blood elves would look at Zin-Azshari with envy and pride (since Quel'Thalas is the spiritual successor of the Highborne Empire).

Any human race would think that the elven cities feel too claustrophobic and eccentric, that with all the massive skyscrapers and domes.

Any race (orcs included) would think that the Horde capitals besides Silvermoon and Suramar are fucking trash and ugly and stinky and the worst place imaginable, but they have no alternative.

We already know that a Blood elf would think that Dazar'alor is an ugly primitive pyramid.

We also know that Sylvanas is the only soul in the Warcraft cosmos who thinks the Undercity is beautiful, but then again she's Sylvanas so she's dumb.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-29 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Exodar is often thought of as a marvel, albeit a deeply alien one that is profoundly strange and perhaps dangerous. In The Prophet's Lesson the human refugees fleeing the Cataclysm were in awe of it, but also fearful.

Silvermoon is seen as fantastical and beautiful by almost everyone, although the more rustic and naturalistic societies see its opulence as somewhat garish.

Stormwind City is viewed as a thriving and bustling metropolis, ambitious in scope, but also familiar and rather humble.

Orgrimmar is seen as primitive and somewhat ramshackle, though not without its charm to the Horde races.

Darnassus was formerly viewed as breathtaking and preternaturally serene, though like the Exodar its shadows often seemed to hold hidden dangers.

Thunder Bluff has much of the rustic charm of Orgrimmar, as well as offering sweeping vistas and sights to foreign visitors. It seems more like a permanent bazaar than a city, as befits its formerly nomadic denizens.

Ironforge is perhaps the most impressive Alliance city due to its grand and almost dominating architecture, although its subterranean nature can come across as claustrophobic and stifling.

The Undercity is universally seen as oppressive and dank - likened more to an open sewer than a city, a place of darkened corners and danger, repulsive to all save the Forsaken who dwell there.

Dazar'alor combines a sense of antiquity with an awe-inspiring grandeur, gray flagstones chased with gold and precious gemstones, seeking to relate great age and a powerful legacy even in its obvious decline.

Boralus, like Stormwind, is a bustling hive of mercantilism and society - combining both utilitarian humility and grandness depending on the place and context.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thalyssra thinks silvermoon is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Highborne would see Silvermoon as a cheap imitation of Suramar and Zin-Azshari, while Blood elves would look at Zin-Azshari with envy and pride (since Quel'Thalas is the spiritual successor of the Highborne Empire).
    I've been to Zin-Azshari recently. There's not much left to be envious of.

• Light worshipping humans, dwarves, and gnomes would be in awe of the majesty, high technology, and reverence of the Draenei's crystal cathedrals like the Exodar, Karabor, Shattrath, and the Vindicaar.
    • Humans would be in awe of the remaining intact areas of Silvermoon, and sorrowful to see the rest. Given pulp fantasy conventions, Dwarves might kick up a fuss about Elven' tastes but would still agree it's good art.
    • Stormwind humans might think that Kul'tiras and Gilneas are drab, colorless places.
    • Draenei would find the cathedrals in Stormwind and Gilneas to be relatively humble compared to theirs but still reverent. Draenei would also be in awe of how the Horde and the Alliance developed their own brands of airship technology.
    • Any non-Orcs, trolls, goblins, and forsaken would find Orgrimmar to be a hot, stinky place with run-down mud huts everywhere. Blood Elves and Nightborne would pretty much never go there.
    • Alliance races would deem Bilgewater Harbor (or any Goblin city) to be an incredibly unsafe area, with questionable safety standards for the buildings and possible contaminants in the water. If they could they would have the place torn down and rebuilt up to Alliance standards.
    • Any non-Orcs, trolls, goblins, and forsaken would find the Undercity to be unbearable. Orcs, trolls, and goblins are already used to inhabiting very unpleasant places so it wouldn't bother them anywhere near as much as the others.
    • Shu'halo Tauren would be inspired by Thunder Totem to build permanent structures. Highmountain Tauren would ask why the Shu'halo took so long to move out of their tents.
    • Given how much technology and magic are used in Stormwind and Dalaran, more down to earth races like Orcs and Tauren might find themselves confused or lost trying to navigate those cities.
    • Tauren, Forsaken, and Nightborne are the only Horde races that would appreciate Alliance cities.
    • Of the Horde cities, Alliance races would probably only view Thunderbluff, Thunder Totem, Silvermoon, and Suramar favorably.

The tauren ambassodor or whatever says that silvermoon is beautiful but unnatural or something like that
    There are also 2 blood elves taking photos of themselves in zuldazar, calling it primitve and ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Well, i think its like "Your capital is shit, our is great"
    Aside from NE and VE ofc.
    yeh.. pretty much.

Although void elves seem interested in exploring Stormwind, but it's a shit hole compared to Silvermoon.

And as for night elves, after seeing where they lived - i.e. Suramar and Zin'Azshari, also Draenei (Argus and Draenor Shattrath/Auchindouin).. everywhere must seem a shit hole to them..Funny thing is neither of them care.

Well druidic kaldorei wouldn't care, they prefer the beauty of nature.. I think both priestly and Highborne kaldorei would care a bit (night elf priests clearly love their gorgeous temples - like it's got to be the most exquisite in honour of the goddess), but those who participated in the long vigil might not feel the same urge for city life as those who just got evicted (like the Darnassian citizens, the Shen'dralar from Eldre'thalas and the Moonguard remnant from Moonguard Stronghold). Tha'ts not to say they wouldn't like it or prefer more stable homes.

Still attitude wise, most night elves borne it out rough for 10,000 years, I don't think they'd care quite as much, but I also think they'd love to rebuild a city and a temple as well as their forests. The perspective is different with them, and you have to factor that in. It's like they'd love to, but they won't rush to like humans might.. however the Highborne amongst them might so i guess they'd drive the restoration ofa city for the kaldorei, and the priests would ensure the temple is the most magnificent building there - which is what seems to happen whn you look at Suramar, Darnassus and Zin'Azshari)

The draenei are very similar in that respect, having to live around in a spaceship for sooo long, means they're going to be okay about living anywhere, yet at the same time, would love to settle down, and rebuild, but only when it's right, no hurry. Right timing and place is more important than "I just need to have the comforts and security of walls again" - which is more a human or shorter lived race thing.

What people may not realise is, just because you've been travelling around for 15,000 years in space or 10,000 years in a forest, doesn't mean it won't be nice to settle down and finally be able to rebuild rather than constantly running (draenei) or constantly hunting and ont eh watch (night elves). - and the only exception to this would be those who dedicate themselves to space travel (travellers) or forestry (i.e. druids) amongst them.

• Blood elves would look down at every city apart from theirs and Suramar
    • Nightborne seem to be more open- but then maybe they're just being diplomatic when in Orgrimmar, we know they love Suramar a lot, but they like Suramar
    • Orcs: Most cities would seem great to orcs, but I get the impression they'd hate the lifestyle of the races in them - it's just not orcish: for them it's not the beauty of buildings, art or wonder of magic or technology or mixture of beautiful sculpted buildings and great gardens - for them it's how defensible and robust the building is, lots of spikes - and fighting pits etc
    • Tauren: Have never been city based race - people may compare them to night elves and draenei because of their long periods of homelessness, but night elves and draenei lived in great cities once and their sojourns away were due to special circumstances, Tauren have been roamers and nomads by nature since their very beginning, so a city is the exception.. it might mark a shift in the race, but i think it's more a one off, they haven't made efforts to make it more than a close connection of large tents.. so i don't think they care. I also think they don't care about o there's places. They prefer the wide grassy plains
    • Goblins - I think would really admire Draenei cities, elven ones will just be a monetary evaluation and love them for the gold, but not for the beauty. Goblins are tech orientated, that would impress them. They'd hate gnome cities just because gnomes are in them
    • Gnomes: Gnomes would also love draenei cities, but they'd also love elven ones as well, however again techno is there forte. look at Mechagon.
    • Worgen/Humans/Forsaken/Kul'tiran - are all human based - they'd love all the elven and draenei cities, titan cities too, anything that has great stuff.. they won't care for Tauren or orc cities
    • Trolls - it's hard to gauge how trolls feel, I've never seen it reflected once that they care for great architecture , beauty, technology, magical wonder or beauty of nature. Thing about trolls is, there is a lot of use of nature and respect, but no expression of love for it, same with magic, a lot of diverse forms of magic, but they don't love it like elves do . both nature and magic are just tools to further the supremacy of the troll. I get the impression they feel the same way about technology, they don't love it like gnomes/goblins or draenei might. They instead love displays of power and strength, a bi tlike humans and orcs from a different perspective, but beauty and love are not central themes to them which it is for elves, more like power and strength only.

they love
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-11-20 at 12:25 PM.