Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh look, they removed Finkle Einhorn and replaced it with some nondescript npc

This is what you get when you let fucking commie degenerates make decisions. No poking fun at anything is allowed because someone might take it the wrong way.

I am taking joy is watching the alphabet degenerates with 24 pronouns think that Twitter is a barometer for society and remove any character the game had left.

Let it burn

It took them over 9-18 years to remove the majority these things. Not because of the players, not because of what the developers thought is right and what they (may) have done wrong. Because of a lawsuit and heavy legal scrutiny — not because they actually care. I find it hard to believe people truly think they did. Sure some developers did, of course, but none of this would’ve been removed or made a huge stink over had the events transpire at Blizzard. Does it make it okay these things are in game? Personally, yes. But for others I’m sure they’ll say no. But neither of us are considered here.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It took them over 9-18 years to remove the majority these things. Not because of the players, not because of what the developers thought is right and what they (may) have done wrong. Because of a lawsuit and heavy legal scrutiny — not because they actually care. I find it hard to believe people truly think they did. Sure some developers did, of course, but none of this would’ve been removed or made a huge stink over had the events transpire at Blizzard. Does it make it okay these things are in game? Personally, yes. But for others I’m sure they’ll say no. But neither of us are considered here.
    This is one case where I think we can actually take the devs in question entirely at their word that they've been assmad about things like this for some time and are just using it as a pretext rather than being forced into it by the higher ups. After all regardless of one's politics and twitter-going habits, I've yet to see a single positive take on these changes. It's either too self-flagellating or not self-flagellating enough and in any case has no bearing on the real people who're at the subject of the case. Ditto I find it hard to believe that any shareholder would give the least bit of a shit, especially given the completely unsurprising dog's breakfast the DFEH has made of the case according to the feds, themselves no bastions of competence.

Far more likely it really is what they say it is - a pet project by devs who want to remove things they personally dislike now that they have the reins, no matter how irrelevant and how pointless that change may be, like the most recent bit where they changed 'greenskin' to 'green hued'. God knows I can't see anyone not terminally online caring about an Ace Ventura reference of all fucking things.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-10-13 at 05:35 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

Far more likely it really is what they say it is - a pet project by devs who want to remove things they personally dislike now that they have the reins, no matter how irrelevant and how pointless that change may be, like the most recent bit where they changed 'greenskin' to 'green hued'. God knows I can't see anyone not terminally online caring about an Ace Ventura reference of all fucking things.
    For the love of god...

15+ Year Old Account
    This is one case where I think we can actually take the devs in question entirely at their word that they've been assmad about things like this for some time and are just using it as a pretext rather than being forced into it by the higher ups. After all regardless of one's politics and twitter-going habits, I've yet to see a single positive take on these changes. It's either too self-flagellating or not self-flagellating enough and in any case has no bearing on the real people who're at the subject of the case. Ditto I find it hard to believe that any shareholder would give the least bit of a shit, especially given the completely unsurprising dog's breakfast the DFEH has made of the case according to the feds, themselves no bastions of competence.

If your assumption is true, then I'd argue that those devs are no longer fit to work on WoW or any mmo. Thinking that their own pet projects has any higher priority over that of the customer is disturbingly toxic and destructive. Sure, the current changes are shit, but not super impacting but what's to stop them from completely fucking up the game after this point? It's clear that these devs don't give a shit about the players nor respect their opinions, so where will this end?
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Awwww this is adorable, they made the Forsaken family-friendly!

A handful of references which imply a lack of consent have been adjusted, several of which concern the NPC Theresa, a human in the Undercity which was experimented on by Gerard Abernathy. Theresa is rumored to be a reference to a seeress in Fable who was blinded by bandits, though in World of Warcraft, she is described as the "pet" of Gerard Abernathy, who brags to nearby NPCs about having removed parts of her brain in order to permanently dominate her. This is also represented in game by her title <Gerard's Mindslave>, which has been changed to <Gerard's Experiment>.

With the new dialogue, she remains in thrall to Gerard, though references to domination, torture, removing parts of her brain, putting a collar on his "pet," and the not-so-subtle suggestion that Gerard repeat the experiment in order to breed humans have all been removed.

Didn't I tell you my new domination techniques would work?
    Didn't I tell you my new technique would work?

A little ritual torture can go a long way.
    A few well-chosen rituals can go a long way.

A little torture, a pinch of magic, and an ample helping of invasive surgery. She was conscious, of course.
    A little torment, a pinch of magic, and an ample helping of discipline, of course.

I managed to discover that certain parts of the brain when removed or stimulated will make a subject much more docile.
    I managed to discover that certain parts of the brain when stimulated will make a subject much more docile.

Amazing! How did you manage a permanent dominate?
    Amazing! How did you manage to maintain control?

Astounding. You managed to dominate her, yet she retains self awareness and function. How did you do it?
    Astounding. She maintains self sufficiency and function. How did you do it?

I've never seen anything like it. No concentration or loss of awareness while the subject is dominated. What did you do to her?
    I've never seen anything like it. No concentration or loss of awareness. What did you do to her?

Very nice, Gerard. Next you will be breeding them.
    Very nice, Gerard.

Your pet is wonderful, Gerard, but she needs a collar with a bell I think.
    Your pet is wonderful, Gerard.

Come here, pretty. You have what I need!
    Come here, pretty!

Of course this doesn't address what the Forsaken did in BfA, but oh well

This thread keep surprising me with everyone update coming from Blizzard.

Next xpac will feature the voidlords.

They'll consume our world and turn everyone into blurple blobs, there will be no gender, race or anything at all. It will be completely and utterly sterile.

And these devs will finally be happy with 'their' game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I would give anything just to have one conversation with the people making these decisions - I cannot fathom how anyone can be this stupid
    I mean, the twitter account of some Blizzard employees & contractors pretty much gives you an "answer" to that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-13 at 09:37 AM.

I fucking love it. The salt levels in this thread would put the Dead Sea to shame.

If any of these changes upset you, please. Search inwards and ask yourself whether you ever even stopped to think about what they were referencing in the first place. That's right -- you never gave a shit before they were in the game so please don't pretend like you're offended now that they're removed.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    If your assumption is true, then I'd argue that those devs are no longer fit to work on WoW or any mmo. Thinking that their own pet projects has any higher priority over that of the customer is disturbingly toxic and destructive. Sure, the current changes are shit, but not super impacting but what's to stop them from completely fucking up the game after this point? It's clear that these devs don't give a shit about the players nor respect their opinions, so where will this end?
    All we know for sure is that the future of game development is in the hands of one of two groups. Either people who're still anally ravaged about a crappy Jim Carrey vehicle 30 years after it came out, or people who think their audience would react this way and need to be coddled lest they neck themselves in outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Awwww this is adorable, they made the Forsaken family-friendly!
    The best part is that they didn't change whether she was a lobotomy victim, only that he didn't call her a 'slave'. Truly we've made bold steps forward in this family game about genocide.

What's your over/under on how long it takes for them to snip Thrall's Balls and remove the Hillsbrad shovel quest?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I fucking love it. The salt levels in this thread would put the Dead Sea to shame.

If any of these changes upset you, please. Search inwards and ask yourself whether you ever even stopped to think about what they were referencing in the first place. That's right -- you never gave a shit before they were in the game so please don't pretend like you're offended now that they're removed.
    Some salt sure. I think most people find it hilarious. I can't wait to see where this train goes. What totally innocuous thing will they remove next? I think they should hire Demi Lovato. Yon 'Greenskin' change made me think of her tbh.

All we know for sure is that the future of game development is in the hands of one of two groups. Either people who're still anally ravaged about a crappy Jim Carrey vehicle 30 years after it came out, or people who think their audience would react this way and need to be coddled lest they neck themselves in outrage.

The best part is that they didn't change whether she was a lobotomy victim, only that he didn't call her a 'slave'. Truly we've made bold steps forward in this family game about genocide.

What's your over/under on how long it takes for them to snip Thrall's Balls and remove the Hillsbrad shovel quest?
    They should remove that entire settlement since it's literally Auschwitz.

But I think they would have done this anyway even without the lawsuit, since they want to redeem Psycho Sylvanas and naturally they would want to white-wash the Forsaken and try to gloss over the countless atrocities they've committed over the years. They even removed the "bitch" line said towards Sylvanas and that was many months before the lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Some salt sure. I think most people find it hilarious. I can't wait to see where this train goes. What totally innocuous thing will they remove next? I think they should hire Demi Lovato. Yon 'Greenskin' change made me think of her tbh.
    I think you're onto something. Perhaps Blizzard can co-opt PETA by removing the Hunter class from the game.

Search inwards and ask yourself whether you ever even stopped to think about what they were referencing in the first place.
    I think the vast majority are perfectly aware of what these things are referencing, the point is however that those elements are frankly also a part of a fictional universe.
    You can't make literal genocide & race war a central topic of your game and at the same time pretend that anything sexual is something that is next to nonexistant.

Especially when it reaches a point where a villain that set out to re establish a rigid social order based on race isn't allowed to have "consorts" because some people might view it as "offensive".

This is a "We can't portray Nazis as Nazis" level of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They should remove that entire settlement since it's literally Auschwitz.

But I think they would have done this anyway even without the lawsuit, since they want to redeem Psycho Sylvanas and naturally they would want to white-wash the Forsaken and try to gloss over the countless atrocities they've committed over the years. They even removed the "bitch" line said towards Sylvanas and that was many months before the lawsuit
    I'd be astounded and a bit impressed if they bothered changing the Forsaken leveling zones. The amount of surgery that'd be required to neuter the Forsaken in old zones is far too much of a bother, when it's much easier to just rewrite them off-screen in a book and not feature them, which has been their winning approach up to now. They removed the only part they cared about, which was when Garrosh called Sylvanas a mean word. Also, there's no sex in those zones.

Speaking of which, Blizzard, you bigots, when will you amend the fact that an aggressive brown man blew himself up just this patch after being unjustly incarcerated? That's not very PC.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-10-13 at 10:31 AM.

I think you're onto something. Perhaps Blizzard can co-opt PETA by removing the Hunter class from the game.
    Don't be absurd. Just remove BM and keep MM/Survival but with no pet. You will obviously have to remove or rename Beast Mastery Hunter anyways as it has the name 'Master' in it and that is clearly problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the vast majority are perfectly aware of what these things are referencing, the point is however that those elements are frankly also a part of a fictional universe.
    You can't make literal genocide & race war a central topic of your game and at the same time pretend that anything sexual is something that is next to nonexistant.

Especially when it reaches a point where a villain that set out to re establish a rigid social order based on race isn't allowed to have "consorts" because some people might view it as "offensive".

This is a "We can't portray Nazis as Nazis" level of stupidity.
    Did you really need to invoke Godwin's Law?

They removed a fucking Jim Carrey reference. Get over it.

They removed a guy called 'Trollbane', so named presumably for his excellent sense for race relations, calling orcs 'greenskins'.

They should also rename "Blackhand", it might be racist that the genocidal warmonger is... well... black of hand

Also I wonder if they've already retconned the Old Horde raping the draenei women of Shattrath and Alexstrasza during the Second War.