Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the draenei family jewels one too? WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK

AND THE TWO TENTS JOKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and the shrunken head joke. alright wow is over, im not coming back for wrath. these people arent getting a dime from me.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-10-04 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Keep saying that, eventually something you care about will get removed.
    Like what? Raiding? Guilds? Transmogs? Because that's what I care for in WoW...

Some shitty oneliners here and there? Not my jam, pal.

I've been playing FF for a few months and I've already been called a "shite eating bastard" by an NPC, and told "Fishing is like philandering. You never know what you're going to catch."

So if you want this kind of thing, you know where to find it.

Although Blizzard are now against pictures of women, they are still happy to call you an "Alliance wank" since Cata. I'm really not sure they know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The devs works at specific hours. Saying that replacing these emotes "costs more money" isn't correct, unless you're implying that they'd have to work overtime for it? Because I doubt that would be the case. Or that the devs even wanted to do that.

Adding X into the game doesn't "cost money" in the way you're implying that it does. I believe a more correct comment would that "Ah right, that would cost more development time in an already tight schedule". Or something like that.
    I am very clearly implying about voice acting for new jokes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Id rather they just didnt touch older content, they've clearly lied now because they said earlier they wouldnt change the core of things then they just did.

This is literally like saying "No im not gonna remove fun"

Then proceeding to remove fun.

Im not sorry when I say only pandering psychos actually want this and equally only the extreme level of offended, the majority of humanbeings can take a joke and a flirt with good humor, most of these are literally intended to be satirical anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know the work put into changing these things is hilariously tiny compared to new content right?
    I highly doubt all these changes has even postponed 9.2 by a week.
    ... and meanwhile they had to repair other stuff that these changes caused like several Classic fights were unfinishable, missing item drops, invisible walls and other bugs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nges-all-along

They have been vocal on twitter about it.
    Thanks for the link! From their comments, I'm kind of wondering if it's something that's been bothering the devs for a while. They do seem like the sort of jokes that the 'cubical crawl' staff would have used.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Id rather they just didnt touch older content, they've clearly lied now because they said earlier they wouldnt change the core of things then they just did.
    I wasn't aware /flirt was the core element of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Like what? Raiding? Guilds? Transmogs? Because that's what I care for in WoW...

Some shitty oneliners here and there? Not my jam, pal.
    Blizzard is lucky to have people like you. Not many left though.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean so far they have yet to remove anything, just "replace" them.

- - - Updated - - -

except its not the higher ups making these changes... its the low level developers and artists my dude...
    these changes are literally being requested by the devs, both the devs and blizz themselves have confirmed it.
    Being requested by devs who weren't working there when they were implemented so yeah pretty much same as randoms on twitter. Also anyone who would say hold on this is getting absurd would be 100% getting called a misogynist racist right now. Not exactly an environment that's conducive to any disagreement at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Thanks for the link! From their comments, I'm kind of wondering if it's something that's been bothering the devs for a while. They do seem like the sort of jokes that the 'cubical crawl' staff would have used.
    Sure, it also sounds like the kind of joke almost anyone makes when it comes to "flirting jokes". Innuendos is kind of a normal thing that all people of all origins and sexes use...as a joke. Finding these things "problematic" or as hurtful tells me more about the headspace of the ones finding them problematic rather than the jokes themselves. Sorta like how some just yells racism everywhere, which just shows that they are the ones associating everything with races.... *shrug* seems so backwards and regressive to me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post

This is literally like saying "No im not gonna remove fun"

Then proceeding to remove fun.

Im not sorry when I say only pandering psychos actually want this and equally only the extreme level of offended, the majority of humanbeings can take a joke and a flirt with good humor, most of these are literally intended to be satirical anyway.
    Sense of humor is an accompanying attribute to intelligence. Blizzard already posted a blog explaining how removing these things helps their own development teams. Combined with the quality of the product those teams have been (barely) producing lately we can sum up a good picture of how creatively and mentally potent they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the ones they're removing were added in BfA. How does that make sense? Last year it was cool, this year it's unacceptable? Quick 180

Progressive activists masquerading as game developers. im gonna guess that not one dev that complains about these things in the game actually play it.

It's good to see blizzard trying to punish players because blizzard employees couldn't keep their hands to themselves. Yeah, that will surely fix the problems in the office and with the employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard becoming a puritan hell hole lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, it also sounds like the kind of joke almost anyone makes when it comes to "flirting jokes". Innuendos is kind of a normal thing that all people of all origins and sexes use...as a joke. Finding these things "problematic" or as hurtful tells me more about the headspace of the ones finding them problematic.
    And the workplace that put them in that headspace?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Some of the ones they're removing were added in BfA. How does that make sense? Last year it was cool, this year it's unacceptable?
    Well they did just lose a lot of higher ups...

10+ Year Old Account
    I will cut them some slack there are some jokes and flirts that look a bit cringe in that department... but a lot of others I need some white board education on because I am baffled lol

Let's be honest the "Nice pants. What's the drop rate?", no one is gonna miss that one :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

absolute fucking joke of a company

And the workplace that put them in that headspace?
    Yes, their workplace is shit.
    Doesn't change the fact that finding issues among small things that isn't actually an issue is the wrong way to approach things.

These jokes aren't a product of predatory behaviour, it's a product of normal human behaviour. If it becomes predatory because it might've been written by someone who was one. Then surely the entire game should be nuked? Because literally anything could be the work of one of the accused.

It's silly to go after something that's just normal human behaviour when it comes to jokes with sexual innuendos.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-10-04 at 11:55 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's embarrassing.