Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ironically, this is just really bad for optics. They keep showing more and more they don't understand the problem.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who believes these things are done as a result of clamor from the community, needs to step outside and live in the real world.

They have a team - or even one guy - whose job is to find these kind of things and "fix" them. That is their entire job.

And this is not going to go away any time soon, they will continue to find things which are not broken and continue to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I asked YOU a specific question, to which you did not answer but deflected it with some remark about devs. You are posting in bad faith, I am not talking about the devs, FFS.
    So the only way to have a "good faith" discussion with an enlightened cynic like you is to agree that the reason they changed "greenskins" is because {insert whatever fucking reason you want here} and not because it doesn't matter, who the fuck cares, why are you slippery sloping an argument about things that haven't happened?

I mean, cool. But I think you got your definitions messed up there. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    So the only way to have a "good faith" discussion with an enlightened cynic like you is to agree that the reason they changed "greenskins" is because {insert whatever fucking reason you want here} and not because it doesn't matter, who the fuck cares, why are you slippery sloping an argument about things that haven't happened?

I mean, cool. But I think you got your definitions messed up there. :^)
    Because they desperately need to believe that the changes were made because of "snowflakes." Never mind that the only people melting down here are the people freaking out over the changes.

Another round of kekw material, cmon mmoc try to keep up!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/george-...updates-324531

How do i get so much weekly entertainment out of this without even paying a sub? XD

None of this changes the fact that WoW is just not fun any more. This bullshit homogenizing is not making it any more interesting. It's really sad, because there are no other games that even come close to WoW. No other game killed WoW, WoW killed itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard please don't change the Blood Elf in The Day that Deathwing Came: What Really Happened
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

It's made clear that Martek knows the belf is a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLucky1 View Post

How do i get so much weekly entertainment out of this without even paying a sub? XD

They are really losing their mind

Clearly this is money well spent.

I swear to God, if Blizzard changes one more thing in this game I might just not give a shit.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I thought they couldn't get more pathetic. Yet they smash that perception weekly.

"Comments on this news post are locked." - the buttmunchers over at Wowhead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    ...not to mention it is clear that they are going to continue to "clean the game" for a foreseeable future, thus more debatable stuff is likely to follow.
    I very much doubt that there's a ton of other stuff they want to change. Doomsayers will disagree and that's fine: the proof is in the reality which will be visible soon enough post 9.1.5. When stuff like this happens it's usually all done pretty much upfront. As for the future, it will be damn difficult to know what to debate in 10.0 since that's likely being combed for this now and we'll never see what an alternative might have been.

Apart from 'leaks' and 'rumors', which are practically without any basis, Blizzard will wrap this up as quickly as possible. The sooner it's over the sooner most people will move on to the next outrage.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-17 at 09:44 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have no idea why maiden and damsels are offensive now but 'Town Dwellers'? Sounds kinda odd to me. Is villager offensive now as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'll just have to disagree here, either your values permeate the entire product, or you leave them out all together.

It feels very strange when you can have a story about orcs committing genocide on the Draenei, using their souls
    to fuel a portal and using their skeletons to build a road, brutality and humiliation beyond even what we've seen
    in real life.
    At the same time you can't have someone call an orc a greenskin because that's offensive. I don't think I have to
    remind you that if greenskin hits too close to home, so should genocide.
    It's also too mature to have a lewd joke in the game, against the "values" of the dev team, but completely fine to
    murder and brainwash people in Bastion.

All this pulls me out of the story, I haven't liked it for a long time but it keeps getting worse.
    Imagine reading a childrens book, which is the level we are at now with adult themes.
    Then in the middle you get sudden brutal violence, I have to ask you, who can handle
    brutally murdering someone, but not a joke about a schlong? And what is wrong with them?

Imagine reading this in a childrens book
    "And then bunny went home from the tea party, bringing the 2 flowers she got from her
    friend with her, as she crossed the meadow she murdered 4 birds in brutal fashion, put their
    head on spikes, and threw their entrails on the ground, now she had dinner for tonight as well!"
    I still think it's a USA thing:
    - Puritan heritage: all thing sexual are bad.
    - Colonialism: we come here to kill you all and take all your stuff.
    - Imperialism: we're the greatest nation in the world, and so we dictate how the rest of the world should behave.

Add those 3 things to a misunderstood left-wing doctrine, and you get the current social wave in USA:
    They feel like every corner in the world has their same social and cultural problems: "if racism/machismo (I just found out that they don't have a word for male sexism. They just call it sexism, like there's not female sexism)/any other type of discrimination is rampant in our country, then it's the same in the rest of the world, and we HAVE to fix it!"

That's why they are incapable of undestand that some of us see these changes as absurd (because in our societies are not that prominent), and in turn they think we must be right-wing, or fascist, or anti-progresive.

Imagine being a dev for a game that's sliding down the shitter and you decide that making these changes is the most appropriate use of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I have no idea why maiden and damsels are offensive now but 'Town Dwellers'? Sounds kinda odd to me. Is villager offensive now as well?
    Because they're helpless women. And you can't have helpless women now in works of fiction. They must all be strong women. Otherwise you're a misogynist.
    It doesn't matter that it's a parody about Don Quixote of La Mancha, where he went crazy from reading too much chivalry novels of old, and went on a crusade to save damsels in distress from the giants that kidnapped (in reality, town dwellers working in the windmills).

In one swipe, they unawarely destroyed the joke.

It's the same with the Hot Fans joke:
    They change any reference to the male blood elf looking effeminate but the orc KNOWING that he's male. The story presents him like that hyper-masculine ultra-chad, but he chooses the clear guy as ride partner over the other girls. They misunderstand the joke: they see it like a homofobic joke while in reality is at the expense of the player because it breaks their expectation ("hey! why do you though he couldn't be with the guy and not be a cool bike-riding dude?!")

Next they will remove all reference to ‘Make Love Not Warcraft‘ episode because of the negative portrayal of gamers as fat sweaty nerds, and because South Park ain’t PC enough for them.

Maybe I will go and play Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Next they will remove all reference to ‘Make Love Not Warcraft‘ episode because of the negative portrayal of gamers as fat sweaty nerds, and because South Park ain’t PC enough for them.

Maybe I will go and play Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead.
    Nah, because that stereotype depicst them as straight white males, so anything bad is not only OK, but JUSTIFIED.