Thread: Skateboarding

Skateboarding

I think a friend of mine summed it up quite nicely in high school: skateboarding is something you do when you're young and then quit.

Still, I'm getting back it at it in a desperate attempt to lose weight.

What're your thoughts on skateboarding?

I'm trying Element after riding Zero for years.

Oh, and Rodney Mullen > Tony Hawk

I didn't skate much as a kid, mainly BMX. But I watch this one dude pretty consistently named Mason Ford. Guy is just playing Skate but in real life.

I'll be honest though; sports like skating or BMX are not really something you do to get back into shape. Sounds like a quick way to hurt yourself really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how or why skateboarding should be viewed as the go-to for a last resort to "desperately" lose weight.

I got back into skating during 2020 when we were deep in lockdown. Had some extra money and wanted to pick it back up. It's been nice to have an outdoor activity again, and it makes getting around in the city super easy. I still can't do tricks outside of an ollie for shit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I got back into skating during 2020 when we were deep in lockdown. Had some extra money and wanted to pick it back up. It's been nice to have an outdoor activity again, and it makes getting around in the city super easy. I still can't do tricks outside of an ollie for shit, though.
    Ollie is the hardest to learn, you can now try pop shuv its.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Ollie is the hardest to learn, you can now try pop shuv its.
    Still working on that one and the kickflip

I really like to go out and skate on my weekend is very cool, and watching the professionals at tournaments is just an incredible spectacle

Quote Originally Posted by jeksonpip View Post
    I really like to go out and skate on my weekend is very cool, and watching the professionals at tournaments is just an incredible spectacle
    Very interesting, very interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyxoxo View Post
    I think a friend of mine summed it up quite nicely in high school: skateboarding is something you do when you're young and then quit.

Still, I'm getting back it at it in a desperate attempt to lose weight.

What're your thoughts on skateboarding?

I'm trying Element after riding Zero for years.

Oh, and Rodney Mullen > Tony Hawk
    zero for life. you dont have to tell skateboarders that mullen is better than hawk......we already know.....

You can do anything at any age if you aren't pleasing someone's toxic opinion.

Personally, i wouldn't do skateboarding if I'm fat (which I am currently).

But maybe I'll return to it some day, film some footage for the memories.

It is what you make it out to be, but I dont like the show off part in sports and I am not very extreme. So there's that. It gets kind of boring and confining compared to something like cycling or hiking if you arent that good.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't see how or why skateboarding should be viewed as the go-to for a last resort to "desperately" lose weight.
    People find it easier to do things they enjoy. If you hate exercise in general, you might find it easier to trick yourself into doing it by picking a fun activity like Skateboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

oh, i'm a bit fat and i chose skateboarding to lose weight

Skating is more fun that skateboarding. Skateboarding you really can impress the girls that work at Caseys.