Thread: Tidewalker.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tidewalker.

Do you consistently 1 shot this guy every week?

Sometimes he gives a 3 hour reprieve between murloc waves and others they just get spammed back to back to back until inevitably the tank(s) all get graved.

We tank the murlocs 50 yards away from Tidewalker and out of his line of sight, none of the aoe classes or paladin tank/tank healer ever get graved and we 7-heal it for redundancy if healers get graved.

He takes 6 minutes to die but we do consistently kill it without wiping.

Other ways to wipe on this boss from greed:

a) Mages spend too much mana dps-ing tidewalker and go oom on a murloc wave and it dies too slow.
    b) Main tank gears for threat instead of survivability and gets globalled by tidal wave into thrash crushes.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2021-10-07 at 06:49 AM.

Our pain was more that on far, far too many tries he'd take both tanks into the bubbles just as / after the Murloc spawn so naturally they're running riot or taking too long to get down.

For us it was more about bringing enough Warlocks and hoping the OTs didn't get knabbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 4 heal him, 1 pally tank heals before murlocs come out for initial aggro then blow them up. Its super easy, probably easiest boss of this tier.
    Log of our kill this week.
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...pe=damage-done

2 tank 5 heals. The paladin tank heals our warlocks as the murlocs come out for threat and we just kite them around with imp blizzard.

Everything goes smooth with Tidewalker till he decides to grave our murloc tank. Thanks RNG.

Bringing a Mage with Imp. Blizzard is generally a good idea, makes it far easier to kite => tank takes less => saves healer mana.
    Also makes it easier to salvage a situation when your add tank gets bubbled because Murlocs won't instantly run over and maul him.

Some mages might cringe at the thought of speccing Imp. Blizzard for raiding, but seriously, having a consistent 70% slow present whenever you AoE is damn useful.

Get 2 paladin tanks, make the shaman in the lock grp drop the -threat totem druing murlocs aoe and you're golden. Even with a tank grave it's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Everything goes smooth with Tidewalker till he decides to grave our murloc tank. Thanks RNG.
    Not RNG, you can outrange watery grave.

If you want to tank the murlocs on top of Morogrim this is a risk you take but it's not random.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Not RNG, you can outrange watery grave.

If you want to tank the murlocs on top of Morogrim this is a risk you take but it's not random.
    I mean, it's still random who it takes from in range. And tanking them not on top of mogrim just sounds like a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    We 4 heal him, 1 pally tank heals before murlocs come out for initial aggro then blow them up. Its super easy, probably easiest boss of this tier.
    Log of our kill this week.
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...pe=damage-done
    Given that's a 99 percentile speed rank that setup isn't going to be viable for the vast majority of guilds including the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, it's still random who it takes from in range. And tanking them not on top of mogrim just sounds like a pain in the ass.
    A pain in the ass for dps parses maybe. The range/healer camp is in the middle and the paladin tank is about 60 yards from Morogrim, no graves on the tank or aoe-ers is nice when you just want the boss to die so you can move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Given that's a 99 percentile speed rank that setup isn't going to be viable for the vast majority of guilds including the OP.
    What i was trying to show is the easiest way to do it, my guild is nothing special. And yet as you point out we did a 99% parse with that tactic.

What i was trying to show is the easiest way to do it
    The easiest way to do it is to have more than half the dps parse 95th percentile plus, I mean you ain't wrong.

Most guilds are going to struggle to 4-heal that boss, especially when three of their healers get graved during murlocs or something.

What i was trying to show is the easiest way to do it, my guild is nothing special.
    Get fucked with the humble brag. You're better than like 98% of guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

What i was trying to show is the easiest way to do it, my guild is nothing special. And yet as you point out we did a 99% parse with that tactic.
    Which means by definition it is special. Either by comp or players.

Tidewalker is by far the hardest boss after vash/kael, with like a 18% kill rate per attempt.

Most guilds have maybe 1-3 really great players who consistently parse 95+, which helps but it's not the same as having nearly the entire raid team do it.

We just drop earthbind totems/frost traps to slow Murlocs so our pally tank can kite. The shamans stagger their fire elementals. Then me and the other mage proceed to arcane explosion the balls out of them. They die pretty quickly between that and seeds.

Easy Trick

Make 1 priest MC a murloc then proceed to use the ability on the boss, -75% armor, and let hunters/melees nuke him.

- - - Updated - - -

Strangely the humble bragger forgot to mention it

from their own logs

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't mean it as a humble brag, as like I said most of the guild is bang average stands in crap and dies constantly. I also thought it was common knowledge you could do that.

Didn't mean it as a humble brag, as like I said most of the guild is bang average stands in crap and dies constantly. I also thought it was common knowledge you could do that.
    12 out of 18 dps in your log parse purple or better (7 being orange and 1 99%). You can say your guild is bang average but I don't see 50-60's parses down that damage list.