Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What's the problem with ilvl inflation I always wonder, are players scared of getting stronger and bigger numbers?
    Because of the inevitable stat squish that most players get used to anyways in an hour?

This time the raid items jumped by 26 (previous 30) instead of the usual 13 (previous 15) item levels, which was really damn necessary due to many players already having mythic level gear thanks to the more than ever deterministic way of gearing with the weekly m+ vault reward.

The loot carrot is one of the strongest motivators this game has and needs as the developers seem to have a hard time developing just for fun/casual content (or the majority of players actually had fun with islands, warfronts and torghast and I'm skinners-meme.jpg)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how the HELL is getting players not to play content an advantage?! advantage to who exactly?!
    They would simply be broken up to a 5-10-15 level... unless you are arguing levels 1-4 6-9 and 11-14 are compelling content?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    Was touched on in another thread but feels like it should be its own topic. For raids I think the prior mythic tier should be equal to the next raids heroic in terms of power with perhaps a few items carrying over. It isn't a drastic change but would help keep more content relevant for alts and would encourage pugging.

As for dungeons. I think the current system is bloated and inefficient for all involved. Heroic outside of leveling doesn't really serve a purpose its a pointless difficulty mode that offers no challenge and the mythic plus system is a poor system for gearing. I would suggest making mythic 0 just normal. Make mythic 10 heroic and mythic 15 "mythic".

After that you move the mythic+ system into a new game plus area. It doesn't have anything to do with gearing but you add rewards to it similar to pvp. Have a recolored elite/mythic set for hitting a certain milestone add cosmetic flares etc.

I think these changes would help ease people into harder parts of the game without the weird bottle neck you currently see with keys and their punish the key holder tactic that has player either being willing to form their own groups or farming dozens of trivial keys to get into slightly higher ones.
    There's a good GDC video on cursed problems in game design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uE6-vIi1rQ

This is a cursed problem. There's two conflicting paradigms here.

The first is a desire to make content that is engaging and challenging for players at any skill level. Content that is appropriately challenging, that is, not so easy that it is boring, and not so hard that you don't enjoy yourself or learn anything by doing it, is fun. This is an achievable goal generally speaking, although the gap in player skill is pretty wide, it could probably be done pretty effectively with a typical Normal, Heroic, Mythic system.

However, it's made impossible by the second paradigm, and that is extrinsic reward and motivation through increase of player power. Everything in the game is driven by a desire to increase player power. It's what makes WoW what it is. It's what makes it compelling, and has always been the case, though maybe not to the same scale as it is currently. Content that is challenging generally has a chance to fail, and takes a time investment, and is intrinsically rewarding. However, players will avoid it unless they have a "reason" to engage in it. When they do engage in it, and it's at the right challenge level, it's fun even if there's a risk of failure, and if there's absolutely no risk of failure, it's not an appropriate challenge to be as fun, it's just a boring grind. The reason that WoW has always given is a noticeable increase in player power. They've done a lot of work to determine what is noticeable. This is generally getting a piece of equipment that is 13 item levels higher than what you had previously. They want to make sure a single item upgrade is a difference you can typically see. This is why tiers are 13 ilvls apart, and why the ilvl formula has really not changed fundamentally since late wrath, early cataclysm. If you know you will get stronger, you will do the harder content, and if you do the harder content and succeed, it's fun.

The problem here is these two systems are incompatible. If you get noticeably more powerful, and each of your 14ish items can be upgraded into something noticeably more powerful, the content that was appropriately scaled for your skill level will become trivial before you get much more skillful. To continue to provide a challenge, they need to provide more content at a more difficult skill level, or scale it to player level. However, if they scale it with player level (which they tried in a limited capacity in BfA) players lose the feeling of progression that makes them feel justified in challenging themselves. Players want to get stronger, and noticeably so, but also want to be challenged. You also have the problem of skill differentials. A player with ilvl 200 gear in season 1 Shadowlands might struggle with a +5, but another group with the same gear could complete a +15. Gear lets players scale in both these dimensions, a player with higher gear can do content that might be scaled for a player who is more skilled through the gear power differential.

Because of this, you can't make content that remains challenging without taking away gear scaling, which they've tried to do from time to time, templates and challenge modes for example. But the fundamental basis of the game is about meaningful player power progression. Other games have tried to use less player power progression, but these games have all missed out on the fun of doing the content to get the upgrades to make your character incredibly powerful, which actually feels really good. Some of those games have done well in their own way, but they aren't the same scale as WoW. A game like Final Fantasy XIV takes this approach and is similar to WoW, but the endgame is way more about socializing, cosmetics, and prestige than it is about the actual gameplay. The challenges they need to put into boss encounters have to be more technical. The rewards they have to give need to be cosmetic or prestigious. But another big problem is that player skill will always outgrow the challenges. Finishing an ultimate encounter might be fun and rewarding and hard to get through, but then you've mastered it, and you might want to feel that challenge again, but you can't. You need to wait until more content releases.

So both need to exist for WoW to be what it is, but both can't exist without being in conflict. Mythic+ was a good compromise to bridge the gap. It allows for gear progression, it allows for skill progression, it allows for a certain level of challenge tolerance. But from this there's another problem. You have individual differentials in skill level and challenge tolerance, and when you try to match strangers together without knowing this information, you have more conflict. Some people like to do things that are a bit of a long shot, I am eager to try a key that's a bit too hard for me and I'm happy when I just barely fail it because it means I'm really close. Some people hate not making the timer. Some people hate even the possibility that they might be close to not beating the timer. Some people are able to do content that they're far undergeared for because they just really understand the requirements and are focused and can execute. Some people need to greatly overgear the content before they can do it. And finally, past success doesn't translate into evidence of capability because people can get carried.

Mythic+ is totally a lot of fun in a group of friends, even if your personal skills and preferences are a bit different, because you move as a group. Maybe a group of people like you can do +17s easy, but with your friends you're doing +14s and struggling, but because you're kind of carrying the group, it's still a demanding challenge, you're still maybe seeing gear upgrades, still getting valor points, maybe a bit disappointed in your progress, but maybe playing with your friends is incentive enough.

But in a pick up group, you run into issues. You like to punch above your skill level and go for bit of a long shot, you invite a person who has good gear but isn't very good, but has been carried by his friends and HATES losing. You have no way with what is presented to you in the UI to know this person's history. You see his good gear, his good score, you start the run, something goes wrong on the second trash pack, you are running at max mental capacity dealing with what you can but you don't avoid a frontal while you're trying to keep up with damage, you die, the guy you invite swears and calls you a mean word and leaves the group, your key depletes.

It's an imperfect solution. They're improving it a bit by showing things like rating, ilvl, but these are imperfect too. Some of the 9.1.5 changes to the group finder will also probably help, but also not be perfect. There's too many variables and tolerance levels and skill levels that it makes it hard. There's other things like, they could take away key depletion, but then people would just bash their head against the hardest difficulty forever instead of sitting in the sort-of sweet spot. I think a good compromise would be to not deplete a key that gets completed without going over time by more than 10 minutes, and to reward 2 full ilvl items, but not upgrade the key. That way if you're kind of close, but maybe wipe on a tyrannical boss, you still get the rewards, you just don't get pushed into a harder level with the next key. It would also stop the yo-yo feeling, where if you're good enough to do a +15 but getting better to do a +16, you won't have to struggle against a +16, then do a +15 which you've already kind of mastered, then do a +16 again just to have to do a +15, and then when you do get your +17 key, when you've just barely timed the +16, you totally won't be ready for it. If you had a range where you didn't get a key upgrade, but also didn't get a downgrade, you would go from repeating 16s until you could time one, and then get to do 17s which you would also much more likely be able to complete without downgrade but also not upgrading, for some time.

Your solution to resolve the problem is to cut out the player power progression or make it far more flat. This basically unmakes WoW. WoW has always been a game about doing challenging things to make your character stronger and able to do things that were hard for you in the past. Other games have flatter progression. They miss some of the compelling parts of WoW that come from the player power progression. But that player power progression also will always cause problems relating to trivializing content, power inflation, and a difficulty in separating character power from player skill. These situations need to be mitigated, but can't be resolved, because trivializing content, power inflation, and compensating for skill with character power are some of the fundamental reasons that power progression is compelling.

It's fun to power up your character and completely obliterate the content that was hard before. At the same time, this will fundamentally mean that content that was hard before can not be hard now. If you correct this, say, by scaling the content, then you lose the fun of powering up your character and obliterating that content. Mythic+ mitigates this, because you still get to power up your character, you still obliterate the lower level keys, you still have a challenge in higher level keys, yet fundamentally the +10 and the +20 are identical, apart from a scale factor for health and damage.

There are already just a few actual difficulty levels in M+, you have the 1-3 range, which has a single additional affix, the 4-6 range which has a second mechanic, the 7-9 range which has a third, and the 10+ range, which has a fourth. The rest are simply numbers. This is similar to raids, where you have LFR with limited mechanics, Normal with an additional mechanic per boss typically, Heroic with another, and then Mythic where they take out the rest of the stops. Similarly, in raids, there's a progression. The first boss is generally the one with the lightest requirements on player power and execution. Subsequent bosses demand more and more. It's not always linear, and sometimes the 7th boss is easier than the 4th, and it's not completely unheard of for the last boss to be easier than the second last. But just like Mythic+ doesn't just force you to go from 1 to 5 to 10, raids don't force you to go from a single normal boss to a single heroic boss to a single mythic boss. You progress, if you're in a group who is kind of normal level, you do normal tarragrue, then you do normal eye who is a bit harder, then you do normal nine, which is a bit harder, up through to sylvanas, where you might decide to do heroic tarragrue after, and now you deal with the new mechanic of soaking orbs on top of what was before. By the time your group has gone through normal, they're going to be better geared and more comfortable with their class and characters as things have gotten progressively harder. Five Mythic+ levels multiplies health and damage of all of the content by about 150%. That's enough to take a group that feels really good and crush them. Give a group who just got comfortable with +15s and wants a new challenge only the option to have +20 keys and it will not be that fun for most people. One M+ level is enough of a difference to be hard, but small enough of a difference to feel potentially possible until you're really playing at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    And how is that a good thing? And also how does it remove pugs?
    I mean... if you are not pugging = it's not a problem for you that pugs exist. So you are saying that problem which does not exist is a problem when it's not? I mean... what? Unless you want deny people who pug access to m+ which literally only bring negatives.
    It would allow them content that doesn't have one person risking more. It is part of the reason why groups are so picky even at low levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    They would simply be broken up to a 5-10-15 level... unless you are arguing levels 1-4 6-9 and 11-14 are compelling content?
    maybe try reading what i actualy reacted to before responding...

Biggest advantage would be getting pugs out of the key system.
    how would be "getting pugs out of key system" benefit ANYONE?
    people who want to pug would loose that option and people who dont want to pug would be unafected, its literaly "loss/no change" scenario...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-10-08 at 06:34 PM.

maybe try reading what i actualy reacted to before responding...

how would be "getting pugs out of key system" benefit ANYONE?
    people who want to pug would loose that option and people who dont want to pug would be unafected, its literaly "loss/no change" scenario...
    Lose what option... I've read what you posted but you seem to be arguing a different topic. The op posted about keeping mythic plus so I'm not sure what your on about.

Lose what option... I've read what you posted but you seem to be arguing a different topic. The op posted about keeping mythic plus so I'm not sure what your on about.
    i LITERALY posted again what YOU SAID and i reacted to and you still have no clue...
    ok, im not sure if you just wrote something and meant something completely different or whatever the problem is, but im not gonna waste more time with you trying to decipher it...
    for your own benefit, learn how to express your thoughts properly
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-10-08 at 07:16 PM.

For dungeons, it's inarguable that Heroic difficulty is completely pointless.

Also why on earth is M0 not queueable.

i LITERALY posted again what YOU SAID and i reacted to and you still have no clue...
    ok, im not sure if you just wrote something and meant something completely different or whatever the problem is, but im not gonna waste more time with you trying to decipher it...
    for your own benefit, learn how to express your thoughts properly
    Your argument was removing 1-4, 6-9 and 11-14 was removing content. My response was is that really worth the inconvenience of they key system. You then went on some weird rant about removing mythic plus that wasn't in my post or the op...

Perhaps the way to making the world a better place is through self improvement for you...

less ilvl? sure.

fewer difficulties? bad idea.

consolidate some rewards at the bottom difficulties and you can cut a lot off ilvl jumps out. especially the start of expansion ilvl jump which is often like 100 ilvls for no particularly good reason.

ilvl jumps in raids can be fixed by giving LFR and normal the same rewards. which ofc then would have to be compensated either by making LFR a bit harder than it is currently or normal giving more loot. little bit of both would be best imo. most important is that a queuable version remains. beyond that if you mess with the normal/heroic/mythic difficulties you just end up not providing appropriate content for one significant chunk of players or another.

normal/heroic dungeons could be merged sure. difficulty/reward scaling systems are good enough to keep that viable for both leveling and initial gearing, but that's not really removing a lot of bloat. most important ofc is that a queueable version stays available.

m0 dungeons is in a difficult spot. sure it's rather pointless 3 weeks into the expansion, but they are the last vestige of non-queued non-timer dungeons left. i'd rather see them expanded on than removed.

unfortunately i don't think you can remove gear rewards from M+, as i'm pretty sure more people do that for gear than for prestige/score. (well i guess you could if you expand on loot elsewhere like in the non-m+ dungeon system or solo progression systems)

Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    There's a good GDC video on cursed problems in game design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uE6-vIi1rQ

This is a cursed problem. There's two conflicting paradigms here.

The first is a desire to make content that is engaging and challenging for players at any skill level. Content that is appropriately challenging, that is, not so easy that it is boring, and not so hard that you don't enjoy yourself or learn anything by doing it, is fun. This is an achievable goal generally speaking, although the gap in player skill is pretty wide, it could probably be done pretty effectively with a typical Normal, Heroic, Mythic system.

However, it's made impossible by the second paradigm, and that is extrinsic reward and motivation through increase of player power. Everything in the game is driven by a desire to increase player power. It's what makes WoW what it is. It's what makes it compelling, and has always been the case, though maybe not to the same scale as it is currently. Content that is challenging generally has a chance to fail, and takes a time investment, and is intrinsically rewarding. However, players will avoid it unless they have a "reason" to engage in it. When they do engage in it, and it's at the right challenge level, it's fun even if there's a risk of failure, and if there's absolutely no risk of failure, it's not an appropriate challenge to be as fun, it's just a boring grind. The reason that WoW has always given is a noticeable increase in player power. They've done a lot of work to determine what is noticeable. This is generally getting a piece of equipment that is 13 item levels higher than what you had previously. They want to make sure a single item upgrade is a difference you can typically see. This is why tiers are 13 ilvls apart, and why the ilvl formula has really not changed fundamentally since late wrath, early cataclysm. If you know you will get stronger, you will do the harder content, and if you do the harder content and succeed, it's fun.

The problem here is these two systems are incompatible. If you get noticeably more powerful, and each of your 14ish items can be upgraded into something noticeably more powerful, the content that was appropriately scaled for your skill level will become trivial before you get much more skillful. To continue to provide a challenge, they need to provide more content at a more difficult skill level, or scale it to player level. However, if they scale it with player level (which they tried in a limited capacity in BfA) players lose the feeling of progression that makes them feel justified in challenging themselves. Players want to get stronger, and noticeably so, but also want to be challenged. You also have the problem of skill differentials. A player with ilvl 200 gear in season 1 Shadowlands might struggle with a +5, but another group with the same gear could complete a +15. Gear lets players scale in both these dimensions, a player with higher gear can do content that might be scaled for a player who is more skilled through the gear power differential.

Because of this, you can't make content that remains challenging without taking away gear scaling, which they've tried to do from time to time, templates and challenge modes for example. But the fundamental basis of the game is about meaningful player power progression. Other games have tried to use less player power progression, but these games have all missed out on the fun of doing the content to get the upgrades to make your character incredibly powerful, which actually feels really good. Some of those games have done well in their own way, but they aren't the same scale as WoW. A game like Final Fantasy XIV takes this approach and is similar to WoW, but the endgame is way more about socializing, cosmetics, and prestige than it is about the actual gameplay. The challenges they need to put into boss encounters have to be more technical. The rewards they have to give need to be cosmetic or prestigious. But another big problem is that player skill will always outgrow the challenges. Finishing an ultimate encounter might be fun and rewarding and hard to get through, but then you've mastered it, and you might want to feel that challenge again, but you can't. You need to wait until more content releases.

So both need to exist for WoW to be what it is, but both can't exist without being in conflict. Mythic+ was a good compromise to bridge the gap. It allows for gear progression, it allows for skill progression, it allows for a certain level of challenge tolerance. But from this there's another problem. You have individual differentials in skill level and challenge tolerance, and when you try to match strangers together without knowing this information, you have more conflict. Some people like to do things that are a bit of a long shot, I am eager to try a key that's a bit too hard for me and I'm happy when I just barely fail it because it means I'm really close. Some people hate not making the timer. Some people hate even the possibility that they might be close to not beating the timer. Some people are able to do content that they're far undergeared for because they just really understand the requirements and are focused and can execute. Some people need to greatly overgear the content before they can do it. And finally, past success doesn't translate into evidence of capability because people can get carried.

Mythic+ is totally a lot of fun in a group of friends, even if your personal skills and preferences are a bit different, because you move as a group. Maybe a group of people like you can do +17s easy, but with your friends you're doing +14s and struggling, but because you're kind of carrying the group, it's still a demanding challenge, you're still maybe seeing gear upgrades, still getting valor points, maybe a bit disappointed in your progress, but maybe playing with your friends is incentive enough.

But in a pick up group, you run into issues. You like to punch above your skill level and go for bit of a long shot, you invite a person who has good gear but isn't very good, but has been carried by his friends and HATES losing. You have no way with what is presented to you in the UI to know this person's history. You see his good gear, his good score, you start the run, something goes wrong on the second trash pack, you are running at max mental capacity dealing with what you can but you don't avoid a frontal while you're trying to keep up with damage, you die, the guy you invite swears and calls you a mean word and leaves the group, your key depletes.

It's an imperfect solution. They're improving it a bit by showing things like rating, ilvl, but these are imperfect too. Some of the 9.1.5 changes to the group finder will also probably help, but also not be perfect. There's too many variables and tolerance levels and skill levels that it makes it hard. There's other things like, they could take away key depletion, but then people would just bash their head against the hardest difficulty forever instead of sitting in the sort-of sweet spot. I think a good compromise would be to not deplete a key that gets completed without going over time by more than 10 minutes, and to reward 2 full ilvl items, but not upgrade the key. That way if you're kind of close, but maybe wipe on a tyrannical boss, you still get the rewards, you just don't get pushed into a harder level with the next key. It would also stop the yo-yo feeling, where if you're good enough to do a +15 but getting better to do a +16, you won't have to struggle against a +16, then do a +15 which you've already kind of mastered, then do a +16 again just to have to do a +15, and then when you do get your +17 key, when you've just barely timed the +16, you totally won't be ready for it. If you had a range where you didn't get a key upgrade, but also didn't get a downgrade, you would go from repeating 16s until you could time one, and then get to do 17s which you would also much more likely be able to complete without downgrade but also not upgrading, for some time.

Your solution to resolve the problem is to cut out the player power progression or make it far more flat. This basically unmakes WoW. WoW has always been a game about doing challenging things to make your character stronger and able to do things that were hard for you in the past. Other games have flatter progression. They miss some of the compelling parts of WoW that come from the player power progression. But that player power progression also will always cause problems relating to trivializing content, power inflation, and a difficulty in separating character power from player skill. These situations need to be mitigated, but can't be resolved, because trivializing content, power inflation, and compensating for skill with character power are some of the fundamental reasons that power progression is compelling.

It's fun to power up your character and completely obliterate the content that was hard before. At the same time, this will fundamentally mean that content that was hard before can not be hard now. If you correct this, say, by scaling the content, then you lose the fun of powering up your character and obliterating that content. Mythic+ mitigates this, because you still get to power up your character, you still obliterate the lower level keys, you still have a challenge in higher level keys, yet fundamentally the +10 and the +20 are identical, apart from a scale factor for health and damage.

There are already just a few actual difficulty levels in M+, you have the 1-3 range, which has a single additional affix, the 4-6 range which has a second mechanic, the 7-9 range which has a third, and the 10+ range, which has a fourth. The rest are simply numbers. This is similar to raids, where you have LFR with limited mechanics, Normal with an additional mechanic per boss typically, Heroic with another, and then Mythic where they take out the rest of the stops. Similarly, in raids, there's a progression. The first boss is generally the one with the lightest requirements on player power and execution. Subsequent bosses demand more and more. It's not always linear, and sometimes the 7th boss is easier than the 4th, and it's not completely unheard of for the last boss to be easier than the second last. But just like Mythic+ doesn't just force you to go from 1 to 5 to 10, raids don't force you to go from a single normal boss to a single heroic boss to a single mythic boss. You progress, if you're in a group who is kind of normal level, you do normal tarragrue, then you do normal eye who is a bit harder, then you do normal nine, which is a bit harder, up through to sylvanas, where you might decide to do heroic tarragrue after, and now you deal with the new mechanic of soaking orbs on top of what was before. By the time your group has gone through normal, they're going to be better geared and more comfortable with their class and characters as things have gotten progressively harder. Five Mythic+ levels multiplies health and damage of all of the content by about 150%. That's enough to take a group that feels really good and crush them. Give a group who just got comfortable with +15s and wants a new challenge only the option to have +20 keys and it will not be that fun for most people. One M+ level is enough of a difference to be hard, but small enough of a difference to feel potentially possible until you're really playing at 100%.
    I agree with most of what you posted I think the main dividing point is just the amount of levels we currently have. I admit I can't speak for the playerbase as a whole but I would be skeptical to say the very least to expect more then a tiny minority values climbing from a 3 to a 4 mythic plus. There comes a point when rather then being a benefit it simply feels as chores needed to be done in order to progress to the point you aspire to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    The problem you're walking into is are you either going to make the easiest content harder, or the hardest content easier?

The latter will face a decent lot of resistance. And I think people need higher difficulties to be able to strive for something to work towards completing/achieving.
    The former might just be outright bad for the game since the lack of a stepping stone might chase away new players as they get lost in the sheer complexity of the game as a whole as well as its content. So while I can find reason in what you're trying to say in the OP, I don't think we can so easily separate with a bunch of modes.
    The easiest harder for certain. I won't lie I don't see the value in normal and heroic dungeons at max level. They are simplistic to the point most dps classes can solo them at appropriate gear level. Perhaps add them as a type of story mode? To me it seems they are not suitable for what they aim to achieve and that is a team work based group experience.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need 4 raid difficulties, that's for sure. Merge LFR/normal and heroic/mythic together. Keep the queue from LFR but make it the difficulty level of normal. Split the difference between heroic and mythic. Call them normal and heroic from then on.

Yeah I've been saying for a while that I think Normal and HC could easily be merged into one difficulty. As things are now we have LFR for the casuals, Mythic for the serious and normal and HC are both floating in that no man's land of 'casual trying to go serious' i guess? Just fuse the 2 together so we have essentially Easy, Normal, Hard.

I said this forever, but Mythic and LFR need to go.

Bring back the era of Normal/Heroic and maybe if you need a new mythic+ make heroic+ but with maybe 5 dungeon levels instead of 15, so that they can make the difficulty actually feel like it scales.

Similarly, normal should be more like a challenging LFR tier while Heroic should flat out feel like mythic.

They have something like this in 14, where the normal mode is basically LFR, and the extremes/savages are Mythic tier for those that like the challenge.

fixing something that doesn't need a fix edition 2829890 only on mmochampion

Quote Originally Posted by TheLucky1 View Post
    What's the problem with ilvl inflation I always wonder, are players scared of getting stronger and bigger numbers?
    Because of the inevitable stat squish that most players get used to anyways in an hour?
    The problem with ilvl is that there isnt any, its the fact they cant achieve it as fast as they want, or in ways they want.

These posts are literally a repeat of the previous one for the last 6 years now, literally 6 years the same record.

And it the end it simply comes back to the same posters, underachievers that simply want to play 1 month cause they dont want to pay for more, all content should be LFR levels so they dont have to waste time learning/wiping and it should drop the max reward level possible so they dont feel that they are less than someone else, once more in their lives and anyone else wanting anything else is an elitist scumbag thats a Blizzard shill rapist supporter etc.

Oh and i forgot to add that they should ALWAYS be picked over the better players that actively play the game when they return with gear 2 expansions behind because thats what a community is about, to carry the dead weights.

TLDR, they want mediocracy where everyone is rewarded for doing and being irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest harder for certain. I won't lie I don't see the value in normal and heroic dungeons at max level. They are simplistic to the point most dps classes can solo them at appropriate gear level. Perhaps add them as a type of story mode? To me it seems they are not suitable for what they aim to achieve and that is a team work based group experience.
    I wasn't just thinking dungeons though, but sure. Normal and heroic dungeons at max level don't really have much of a right to exist. Although early expansion gearing through heroic dungeons is mostly mandatory for a lot of people. The people that could do mythic 0 with itemlevels in the 145-158 range was pretty much just people that did mythic raiding. But once the game moves past that with catchup mechanics i agree the content doesn't have much to offer.

I think wow is just trying to offer something to grow past for everyone. And while I don't think anyone gets stuck on normal or heroic dungeons.. there are definitely people out there that don't move past single digit m+

Remember when raids had actual difficulty curves and not "Most of the fights are a joke except 2-3 per tier"?

By having so many difficulties they destroyed any semblance of a curve.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Remember when raids had actual difficulty curves and not "Most of the fights are a joke except 2-3 per tier"?

By having so many difficulties they destroyed any semblance of a curve.
    They didn't do to badly this time at least at the start... I admit after painsmith though the curve breaks completely.

They didn't do to badly this time at least at the start... I admit after painsmith though the curve breaks completely.
    The amount of difficulties is just entirely pointless. Merge heroic and normal at least.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg