Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so should we add black faced characters with bright red lips because its a reference to how loony toons used to do so back in the day?
    References can be outdated, jokes can be outdated.
    That's a good one. There's a line somewhere, but it's probably hard to tell why. That's quite an adventure.

Imagine Mr. Popo from OG Dragon Ball. You know, the guy that was literally repainted purple in vain attempts to make him less racist. If WoW added a black Kul Tiran monk named, idk, Sir Bobo, would that be a problem? A homage to a cool character that had an unfortunate misfortune of looking like the most racist thing ever? I'd say the homage would be fine if it was about the things that made Mr Popo distinct and cool - black powerful martial artist, but adding big red lips and his, well, peculiar manner of speech would be going over the line.

Same with Finkle. The guy only shares the name with the "problematic" character, it's more of a homage to the classic movie itself. Finkle doesn't even have anything to do with crossdressing and gay jokes. Leave him out of this, I'd say, let him keep his name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. A bigot is someone who thinks it's funny to make fun of marginalized groups that further foster negative feelings towards those groups. There are PLENTY of examples of bigots in this very thread.
    Maybe you should stop worrying about people making jokes that you think will subtly influence people to be negatively disposed towards things you think they shouldn't be - and worry about people actually doing bad things to people.

As I've said - stop trying to police people's culture / mindset / ideas / jokes. Punish real, directly harmful actions. That's how you actually stop bad sh*t.

So are you ok with white comedians making negative jokes about black people? Are you ok with straight comedians making negative jokes about gay people?

Because based on your comment, it makes me think that you're totally fine with bigotry.
    I feel you are not realizing that by saying a White comedian joking about other races or straight comedian joking about lgbt is "punching down" is indicating that you believe White is superior to Black and straight is superior to lgbt. I know you are looking more at the societal context in a very narrow nuanced way, but it really comes off as bigoted. I think your point of view is too narrow.
    I've had actual raised by racists friends say similar things, but the reason they learned it from their parents is because they were taught "don't make fun of the help" because it's bad manners.

Except there were plenty of people who found the movie to be homophobic and transphobic WHEN IT RELEASED. So saying that I "need therapy" is nothing but you gaslighting me.
    Name one sane person offended by ace Ventura. Not the Twitter verse insane asylum, but real people. You won’t find any. Even kidnapped dolphins give the film 2 fins up. Even people named Ray finkle love it

It wasn’t about being transphobic, it was a murder mystery.

Don’t lie… you were once a young kicker and the holder left the laces facing in. A tragedy for sure mate but let it go

No. A bigot is someone who thinks it's funny to make fun of marginalized groups that further foster negative feelings towards those groups. There are PLENTY of examples of bigots in this very thread.
    Also no. That's not the definition of a bigot. You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I feel you are not realizing that by saying a White comedian joking about other races or straight comedian joking about lgbt is "punching down" is indicating that you believe White is superior to Black and straight is superior to lgbt. I know you are looking more at the societal context in a very nuanced way, but it really comes off as bigoted.
    I've had actual raised by racists friends say similar things, but the reason they learned it from their parents is because they were taught "don't make fun of the help" because it's bad manners.
    I said it was punching down because that is the terminology I'm familiar with that I've been told by my friends who are part of marginalized groups. If it comes off as me saying white people are superior, that is not my intention at all. So if there is better terminology, then I'm all ears. I was more just trying to point out that people who are not marginalized mocking marginalized groups is fucked up.

Another twitter kant virtue signaling... he can Faqoff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though now that I think about it if they'll go for a name change because of a reference to a joke, I wonder how long till they go after all the Austin Powers references.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Name one sane person offended by ace Ventura. Not the Twitter verse insane asylum, but real people. You won’t find any. Even kidnapped dolphins give the film 2 fins up. Even people named Ray finkle love it

It wasn’t about being transphobic, it was a murder mystery.

Don’t lie… you were once a young kicker and the holder left the laces facing in. A tragedy for sure mate but let it go
    It was talked about, in detail, in the book "Reclaiming Genders" written in 1999.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, but I will still call him finkle einhorn because that's his name

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I wonder how long it'll be before crossdressers get booted out and made verboten by our good socially progressive pals...
    I mean, we're already at a point where my lesbian siblings are being pressured to date trans women so (because TWAW!!!)... but that's a no-no topic we aren't allowed to talk about even inside the movement. I find it disgusting tbh, that incel logic is allowed in the movement.

I don't have much hope for it tbh. I just hope I survive the coming backlash against all this. The regressives don't, for obvious reasons, care about that. And their ignorant powerful friends just enforce it.

This all feels like an elaborate psy-op by conservatives tbh.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2021-10-14 at 01:46 PM.

Except there were plenty of people who found the movie to be homophobic and transphobic WHEN IT RELEASED. So saying that I "need therapy" is nothing but you gaslighting me.
    "Some people found this to be offensive / something-phobic" =/= you're a bigot if you think it isn't offensive.

We're not all bigots simply for disagreeing with you about what's offensive. Go read the definition of a bigot on Merriam Webster. It requires actual hatred / strong dislike / bias on the part of a person - not just having views you believe are indirectly harmful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Some responsibility, people. Saying stuff on public forum without being prepared for people to disagree with you seems unwise. And yes, some people will extrapolate "disagreement" into suggestions of "dismemberment", that's life.

Or yes, you can block all negativite responses and be left with a good old fashioned circlejerk.
    i mean the message "fa**ots like you are ruining the game, if you want to actually achieve something in life, make yourself part of that suicide statistic."
    Is not what i would call "just normal disagreement"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

We are supposed to be in a new golden age of videogames and comics, and manga and eastern videogames are destroying the western market.

Probably because those companies try to make the game as fun as posible instead of inserting real world problems on it so you are reminded of them when you also try to have fun or to make a safe space for mentally unstable people. You can be part of whatever collective you want without needing to be a drama queen or a attention whore.

Also its pretty funny how this guy had a tweet saying "if you dont agree with me shut the fuck up", how are this mongoloids going to make people be respectful against this collectives if they dont even want to hear the rest of the people opinions and are aggresive as their standard mood.

Keep your watered down soy games, but dont come to those other games that are free of this tribalistic corruption to change them to their view.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    And short. You forgot short guys.
    Yeah, and a lot more of things yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unixx0rn View Post
    i dont have to have 'normal disagreement' with mentally ill people who are demanding the total erasure of history and culture for their delusion.
    I think the only one that fits that definition is you, speaking your other posts.
    so thanks for the recommendation, i wont be disagreeing with you for my own sanities sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Silly emote should be disabled because jokes are bad.

aah yes the good ol days where ppl could take a joke

Attacking anyone physically is just as messed up but like...people are literally getting away with murdering trans people and all they need to say is "They lied and told me they were a woman/man but they weren't" even if that person wasn't getting physically intimate. It's disgusting.
    Whats disgusting is pretending to be a real female and leading people on. I mean, what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Whats disgusting is pretending to be a real female and leading people on. I mean, what do you expect?
    That's not grounds for murder. Getting upset and telling them off? Fine. But physical assault and murder? Fuck no.