Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The old game allowed to make own multiplayer games tho' so even if Bnet services were down you weren't locked out of playing with your friends.

That doesn't look good for MAU though so gotta keep things like that away
    No they didn't. You could make Lan games, that were basically just local games accessible to you and your friends, who had to directly connect to you, based on IP. There's a possibility some third party software could create lobbies based on tcp Lan games, but Blizzard never allowed online games outside of bnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The distinction is, that the queues and the game create/join delays have been purposely introduced to keep the servers going. So in other words: The legacy code couldn't maintain the volume of game creation and broke down. To fight the downtime, they introduced temporary queues and temporary increased delays between game creation. This is, I repeat, temporary. It's a measure, that is being taken, so that you can play the game, instead of not at all.
    They will then fix the issue with the legacy code and remove all these temporary restrictions.

This is not higher math..
    Thankyou for your amazing insight, I'm so happy you were able regurgitate a blue post for me, it really added a lot to the discussion.

No they didn't. You could make Lan games, that were basically just local games accessible to you and your friends, who had to directly connect to you, based on IP. There's a possibility some third party software could create lobbies based on tcp Lan games, but Blizzard never allowed online games outside of bnet.
    Wrong, Open Battle net had a game list open to the public just like closed, it wasn't limited to private games. Stop trying to be an "expert" while sucking on Blizzards sweaty sack.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-18 at 06:02 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Wrong, Open Battle net had a game list open to the public just like closed, it wasn't limited to private games. Stop trying to be an "expert" while sucking on Blizzards sweaty sack.
    You are right, that is true, but again, that's still just a locally hosted game, with bnet as the inbetween aggregator.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankyou for your amazing insight, I'm so happy you were able regurgitate a blue post for me, it really added a lot to the discussion.
    Well, the only conclusion I could possi ly come to, is that the lack of intelligence on your part required alternate ways to explain the exact same thing multiple times. From your reaction, I deduce that even that is not enough.

You are right, that is true, but again, that's still just a locally hosted game, with bnet as the inbetween aggregator.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the only conclusion I could possi ly come to, is that the lack of intelligence on your part required alternate ways to explain the exact same thing multiple times. From your reaction, I deduce that even that is not enough.
    You conclude that I lack intelligence because I don't think the current situation is acceptable? And explain what multiple times? I haven't ever spoken to you or anyone else on the issue, I've seen the Blizzard post and it's just them holding their hands up to reveal they were too incompetent to know what any D2 player could have told them, or any look at the data from the last 20 years could have shown them.

I think you lack the intelligence to understand that Blizzard having an excuse does not excuse them from the issues they have caused by their incompetence. And don't give me no shit about numbers of players compared to the old days, there were more players in the old days, way more players. And before you say 700k active currently, even if that were true it's still lower than the number of players regularly online in the glory days of D2

All you're doing here is licking up the ballsweat of blizzard and white knighting for a company that had the resources and the knowhow to do this right, but still fucked it up. If you can't see that then you have more to worry about than the intelligence of other forum users.

Keep slurping up the juice.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-18 at 10:10 PM.

You conclude that I lack intelligence because I don't think the current situation is acceptable?
    No, because you apparently don't see that the current situation is at this time the most acceptable situation out of all available options.

No, because you apparently don't see that the current situation is at this time the most acceptable situation out of all available options.
    Not it's not, it's not acceptable at all. For example they could timeout only players who are continuously making lots of games in a short period, instead of locking out every single player who attempts to (fail or succeed) join or create a game for what is currently a period of anywhere between 25 seconds and 5minutes. Stop being a pleb.

None of this is acceptable, you being mr acceptance is not helping the quality of games because it's donkeys like you that are responsible for why games constantly release broken, you're ok with it, even defending it.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-10-19 at 07:26 PM.

Not it's not, it's not acceptable at all. For example they could timeout only players who are continuously making lots of games in a short period, instead of locking out every single player who attempts to (fail or succeed) join or create a game for what is currently a period of anywhere between 25 seconds and 5minutes. Stop being a pleb.

None of this is acceptable, you being mr acceptance is not helping the quality of games because it's donkeys like you that are responsible for why games constantly release broken, you're ok with it, even defending it.
    Stop relying on insults. I haven't seen a post coming from you without trying to crawl under my skin by insulting me one way or the other. Grow the fuck up you child.

The fact you (and many others) are completely hyperboling the issues that are currently present says enough. Entitled little shits coming here to complain, because their parents never said no, because they've never experienced hardships before, life should be perfect and if it's not, we'll complain to the manager. Fucking Karens everywhere.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-20 at 12:26 PM.

Stop relying on insults
    Do you have no self-awareness, you literally began this exchange by questioning my intelligence. Maybe if you want people to give you respect you should start off by not talking to everyone like an arrogant prick. Now go fuck off back to sucking off Blizz employees. "Entitled" what a joke, yes everyone is 100% entitled to a working product for which they paid money, they do not have that.

Honestly, go take a look in the mirror and ask yourself "why am I such a bellend".

Do you have no self-awareness, you literally began this exchange by questioning my intelligence.
    Is this irony? (Because it applies)

This is you:
    Stop trying to be an "expert" while sucking on Blizzards sweaty sack.

Is this irony? (Because it applies)

This is you:
    Ahh but there is a difference, you started this and also that statement is true. You're lapping up the blizz juice, you've taken it on yourself to defend Blizzard when they are fucking you in the ass, then you're looking around asking why everyone else isn't greatful for it. Don't get confused here, there is no irony.

Ahh but there is a difference, you started this and also that statement is true. You're lapping up the blizz juice, you've taken it on yourself to defend Blizzard when they are fucking you in the ass, then you're looking around asking why everyone else isn't greatful for it. Don't get confused here, there is no irony.
    So even though you started the insulting first, I'm still at fault? Glorious logic. I knew you would just be too smart for me.

Lol the handful of weirdo blizzard defense force on this website are always funny. They also wonder why all threads turn on them. Must be everyone else fault

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Lol the handful of weirdo blizzard defense force on this website are always funny. They also wonder why all threads turn on them. Must be everyone else fault
    Or you could just look at this on a case by case basis, like I always do.

It's less effort to simply be objective about a situation than you seem to think. All it requires is some integrity. That's a catch though.

And so far, the only response coming from the "Blizzard must burn"camp is profanity. I tend not to report people, mostly because I think it's something for the weak, but I do know someone that's crossing lines while at the same time not adding anything to the conversation.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-20 at 02:23 PM.

Vespian guy is being destroyed so hard that now he can't leave this alone, poor guy. Official whiteknight of this thread!

The old game allowed to make own multiplayer games tho' so even if Bnet services were down you weren't locked out of playing with your friends.

That doesn't look good for MAU though so gotta keep things like that away
    Oh well. Easiest fix.

Get over it. Watch some TNG drink a coffee than return later. You are not paying a sub. You do not need to play all the time to get value out of the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Oh well. Easiest fix.

Get over it. Watch some TNG drink a coffee than return later. You are not paying a sub. You do not need to play all the time to get value out of the purchase.
    Easiest fix is to just trot out some trite shit that has no relevance to the discussion and conveniently ends all logical debate and discourse immediately

I know it makes you feel like you're smart to try to dismiss people like that but the only thing you get out of slurping nuts for corporations is the actual people you interact with assuming that you're an absolute fucking clod

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Vespian guy is being destroyed so hard that now he can't leave this alone, poor guy. Official whiteknight of this thread!
    No, not really, you can't be destroyed by manchildren that can't get a coherent sentence out, let alone have a constructive debate, and rely on profanity primarily. I'm also the kind of man that would admit, if he were being destroyed. The only thing you guys have, apparently, in majority, is a lack of general understanding of the issue, a lack of comprehension of the inner workings of IT, a lack of empathy for the situation Blizzard (not actually Blizzard) finds itself in, in this particular case (Oh boy, even though I've been pretty hard on them for the warcraft remaster, people are going to gotcha me on that sentence) and basically a general lack of any ability to properly rationalize your own feelings towards these current issues. If you could, you wouldn't be externalizing those issues as much as you all are.

Manbabies will be babies. Not enough parenting, not enough teachings on hardships. This is probably the worst you have ever experienced in your protected lives.

Quote Originally Posted by brinkber245 View Post
    Easiest fix is to just trot out some trite shit that has no relevance to the discussion and conveniently ends all logical debate and discourse immediately
    What a brilliant idea. Guess what the people who hate blizzard have been doing in this thread.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-20 at 03:24 PM.

Sorry I couldn't hear you over just how plain wrong you are. (And please, please don't embarass yourself by trying to somehow say TCP/IP is a LAN game)
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Sorry I couldn't hear you over just how plain wrong you are. (And please, please don't embarass yourself by trying to somehow say TCP/IP is a LAN game)
    I already admitted I forgot about Open Bnet. I do wonder why you're circling TCP/IP. I never said that wasn't there. Yes, they are both locally hosted games.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3...et-works/34736

As I said

Shadow293 posts

Yes, open battle.net is only really the game listing part of the equation, but the games themselves are hosted by the users, assuming they expose the right ports (tcp 4000) to the internet.

Would also like to mention, that if you do run mods on there that also require client-side modifications, then those users will also need to have those client-side modifications present in their game in order to see/use those modifications.
    It's okay to be wrong. We can both be wrong occasionally. It's how you handle it that counts.

To the point specifically of LAN. WAN or LAN, shrug. Count it as a typo. (which is clear from the fact that I acknowledge the fact that you can connect to other people over the internet in the same sentence).
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-20 at 08:25 PM.

Im a pretty reasonable and patient guy but man the connection issues that have plagued this release is something else.

Weeks after launch and ive had queues all week and right now I cant even play my online character.