Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Dune will soon come out in important (large) markets such as china, usa, uk etc

China is the world's largest cinema market cuz of their large "middle class" n they bring in the dough

But india got a gazillion people too! While it has large poverty, there's a huyge "middle class" there too n stuff

Don't they like hollywood movies? I know about bollywood but is it sooo large that it sqiushes out hollywood moouvies? What do/did they feel about the mcu

My brother was once visiting india, he complained about all the poor people not watching critical movies that about their situations, rather they prefer uncritical happy gay (old meaning of the word, like super happy care-free) singing n dancing movies

2021 hollywood seems to be the complete opposite, n might have a hard time getting the foot in??
    That may be your answer right there, and it isn't just 2021...it have been progressively getting more and more gritty for years and years. Even franchises that were once more positive use shock value to appeal to young americans.

Only question I have for our indian friends is: Is everyone over there half deaf, or do you just have very different mixing standards for your audio tracks in movies?

I work at a Canadian Movie Theater, and we show a lot of bollywood content because we have a very large indian population in the city where we are located. And I swear to god that every single bollywood movie we get is mixed almost twice as loud as as the hollywood stuff we get. Have to manually crank the sound down in any auditorium we play them in or risk blowing amps and speakers. And this is not a "recent" thing either. It's been like that since well back into the 35mm physical film days.

There's already indications that companies like Disney/Marvel are working on shifting their demographic to India. While China is the easier cash cow to sleep with and pander over, the problem with such governments is that such relationships are easily disrupted... kind of like how Black Widow didn't get released in China. Even Shang Chi didn't get released in China, despite how overtly pandering to the point of nausea that film tried to cater to China and all the effort Marvel/Disney tried to push for its release in China. Shamelessness has no loyalty, so expect them to move to the next foreign market... India.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville