Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzard's Unannouced Project could hint at a new Open World RPG.

    A new application for a role as Associate Content Designer in Blizzard's job offers site contains this quote that could hint at how the company's new project could be shaping up to be. It mentions Open World, RPG, and FPS:


    .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .................
    ''Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate associate content designer to collaborate with our design team for an unannounced project (...) Design and implementation of new events and open world content from conception to the final
    stages of polish (...) Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content (...) Understanding of RPG reward mechanics (...) Experience working on an FPS game.''
    .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ................


    Whadduyuthink?



    Source: cannot post links since im new, the info comes straight from Blizzard's career website, in the Irvine/California/Game Desing/PC/Unannounced Project section.
    Last edited by Wulfekaitz; 2021-10-15 at 04:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Omg...*evil laughs*

  3. #3
    I am sure its WoW Classic remastered.

  4. #4
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    57,329
    I think they should focus on their toxic work environment and the eight (8) lawsuits bearing down on them because of said work environment rather than getting ambitious again. Clearly their current managerial and staffing practices are not conducive to making good games.
    The Were/Was Army: "Nooo you can't just vaporize my entire armored division, we had such a manly recruitment ad!"
    The They/Them Army: "Omg integrated fire support?? Go off queen sksksks, JDAMs are such a gemini thing."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think they should focus on their toxic work environment and the eight (8) lawsuits bearing down on them because of said work environment rather than getting ambitious again. Clearly their current managerial and staffing practices are not conducive to making good games.
    Well, sure, they obviously have to fix their work environment... but if the were to completely stop production on new games while figuring that out...that would mean layoffs galore.

  6. #6
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Love, Cassie & Nina
    Posts
    57,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well, sure, they obviously have to fix their work environment... but if the were to completely stop production on new games while figuring that out...that would mean layoffs galore.
    I'm sure they can find enough money in ATVIs record profits to weather a reorganization.

    Otherwise, the answer is simple: then perish.
    The Were/Was Army: "Nooo you can't just vaporize my entire armored division, we had such a manly recruitment ad!"
    The They/Them Army: "Omg integrated fire support?? Go off queen sksksks, JDAMs are such a gemini thing."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm sure they can find enough money in ATVIs record profits to weather a reorganization.

    Otherwise, the answer is simple: then perish.
    It's not Blizzard I'm concerned about here. They'll be able to survive a reorganization. It's all the people that will lose their jobs in the meantime.

  8. #8
    Banned Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    I am sure its WoW Classic remastered.
    Sounds awesome actually, the whole "classic" thing should have been a remaster

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Sounds awesome actually, the whole "classic" thing should have been a remaster
    It is, hence why it included more modern visual updates or the ability to use the original visual quality.

  10. #10
    Banned Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is, hence why it included more modern visual updates or the ability to use the original visual quality.
    There was no visual update unless you consider the support of the most recent DirectX and increased render distance such. Co call this a remaster is to call a whiff of paint on a burned house a renovation

  11. #11
    Sounds like another shot at Project Titan... maybe it'll be salvaged into Overwatch 3

  12. #12
    I'm gonna laugh if it's some kinda weird open world CoD RPG that Blizzard is making for Activision (same difference, I know, but also not really).

  13. #13
    They'll keep hiring but will only get the leftovers from other company like Riot, and even then they'll gladly get poached when they get the chance.

    No talented developers in their right mind would work for Buzzard.

  14. #14
    technically the next wow expansion is unannounced


  15. #15
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfekaitz View Post

    Whadduyuthink?
    It will never release. Blizzard is incapable of releasing new games. Titan was cancelled with Overwatch barely salvaged out of it. Ghosts was cancelled. D3's 2nd expansion was cancelled. D3, SC2, HotS, and OW1 have been abandoned. D4, OW2, and Diablo Immortal are stuck in development hell. The incubation unit has never released anything. The only stuff Blizzard is actually able to release is Hearthstone and WoW, and the WoW team has been immensely struggling to barely put out any content over ridiculous timescales, despite being Blizzard's most profitable game.

    They're not going to make more actual games. All of the oldtimers who were there to actually make games have long since left. Blizzard is fully corporate, and on paper the most profitable thing for them to do is to milk their IPs by making mobile games.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    technically the next wow expansion is unannounced
    that would be funny.

    if you apply to the wow team, you just get a job fixing old/existing content.
    if you apply to the unannounced team, you get to make new stuff that looks much better on your cv.

  17. #17
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It will never release. Blizzard is incapable of releasing new games. Titan was cancelled with Overwatch barely salvaged out of it. Ghosts was cancelled. D3's 2nd expansion was cancelled. D3, SC2, HotS, and OW1 have been abandoned. D4, OW2, and Diablo Immortal are stuck in development hell. The incubation unit has never released anything. The only stuff Blizzard is actually able to release is Hearthstone and WoW, and the WoW team has been immensely struggling to barely put out any content over ridiculous timescales, despite being Blizzard's most profitable game.

    They're not going to make more actual games. All of the oldtimers who were there to actually make games have long since left. Blizzard is fully corporate, and on paper the most profitable thing for them to do is to milk their IPs by making mobile games.
    Overwatch is a new game and a new IP, yes it came from the ashes of Titan but that really doesn't mean its not a new game. This is an absurd argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Overwatch is a new game and a new IP, yes it came from the ashes of Titan but that really doesn't mean its not a new game. This is an absurd argument.
    it's 5 years old by now though. starting to stretch the definition of "new" a bit.

    and i don't really see them releasing something completely new in the next year or two either, maybe d4 but i doubt it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think they should focus on their toxic work environment and the eight (8) lawsuits bearing down on them because of said work environment rather than getting ambitious again. Clearly their current managerial and staffing practices are not conducive to making good games.
    If a company does not continue growing or which in gaming is IP then pretty quickly even the Innocent even the victims will succumb to layoffs and not just the Toxic People doing the fucked up stuff. So in reality they need to do both.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

  20. #20
    Mobile game. They said they are developing multiple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •