10+ Year Old Account

Infraction==forbiden topics

So recently i warned a mod tha he was going to far -->https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...demic/page1349
    I didn't infracted any forum rule, yet i received an infraction for --> forbiden topic? Which forbiden topic did i infracted?

That mod is calling people's attention to is OWN rules, not forum rules. I called is atention (and reported him) for it. I've always respected forum rules has much has possible, but that guy is making is own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    So recently i warned a mod tha he was going to far -->https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...demic/page1349
    I didn't infracted any forum rule, yet i received an infraction for --> forbiden topic? Which forbiden topic did i infracted?

That mod is calling people's attention to is OWN rules, not forum rules. I called is atention (and reported him) for it. I've always respected forum rules has much has possible, but that guy is making is own rules.
    Speaking against mods IS a forbidden topic.

Probably a bad time to point out that intentionally creating posts to bitch about getting infracted / moderation actions is also an infractable offense, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Speaking against mods IS a forbidden topic.
    Which warrants a discussion of its own tbh but we 'll all get banned if this happens so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post that got infracted left me a little confused. Do you really think we have freedom of speech in here? Because we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Which warrants a discussion of its own tbh but we 'll all get banned if this happens so yeah.
    But it doesn't, really. The mods are God. This is THEIR house, not yours. When god hands out a punishment, you don't complain about it, because that is potentially likely to piss God off even more. You just accept it, and move on with your life. Weather you deserved the punishment or not (either factually or simply in your personal opinion) is irrelevant.

Like, being completely honest here, the mods on this forum are WAY WAY more lenient than the mods on some of the forums I am on. Like, there is one MMO related forum I have been a member of for near on 20+ years. You piss off a mod over there, you don't get an infraction. You get an IP ban and maybe, if you are lucky, you get to come back in a year or so and see if they have forgiven you. This place is positively easy by comparison, and they give you loads of warning before bringing out the big guns..

You may want to put your energy into something that can really change things. trying to change the world in a computer game forum is a waste of energy. i am sure there are hundreds of websites looking for volunteers on free speech, cencorship etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post

Uhm... Eh.. Read your post, you are just trying to create a fight on a warning in a thread,

MMO-champion is NOT under the freedom of speech, never has been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Not really. MMO-champion is not under freedom of speech. Don't like their handling and rules, there is one option from that then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    You were infracted for Discussing Moderation, which is a forbidden topic. Hence the name on the warning.

This thread too is discussing moderation based actions, which warrants an infraction. If you had read the forum rules (found here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...**-PLEASE-READ ), you would know that you take issues like this to a Global Moderator (the ones with a blue name) and discuss it in private, where they will explain what happend. This is true for any type of moderation issue.

Furthermore ANY moderator will start an appeal for an infraction for you if you approach them in a Private Message, if you feel the infraction was wrongly given.

That should cover things here, so closing this thread, because we do not allow public discussion of moderation.

CLOSED.