Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I guess what I meant was SoM sort of IS Classic+ - they are making changes to classic that even includes new items, re-tuning bosses, potentially new quests, etc.

Just because they don't add a whole new parallel development and new levels/raids doesn't mean it's not Classic+. it's a cautious step and a good idea I think. Classic proper showed everyone the game was still good but had issues - this hopefully shows that you can make an even more challenging and enjoyable and repeatable game once you are free from no changes shackles.

Glad to see SOMEONE at Blizzard was paying attention to literally everything that screwed over classic the first time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    No it is not, that's the worst part of the game actually. I levels about every character in WoW Classic to max, I played on various free servers and leveled to max again. When they opened up the first Classic server I could do the quests with my eyes closed. I'd rather have a 100% xp boost, instead of going through all that "click that stuff 30 times" nonsense again. I have absolutely no idea what you people glorify about that nonsensical bullshit they call questing.
    3x exp FUN SERVER should at be attempted by Blizzard
    I guarantee it would not only be the most popular server, but it would have people clamoring for more.
    It would be a dadgamers paradise.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a season where you start at level 60?

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    I also think that they are taking the easy way out when it comes to leveling. I do understand why +EXP to Quests makes perfect sense. The content is condensed as this is supposed to be a limited run that will reset at a certain point and every content phase is being released faster. When everything else is moving faster, keeping the exact same leveling speed wouldn't make sense. And by boosting EXP from quests while they are now also trying to limit boosting it would make a lot more players actually play the game instead of getting boosted which is great.

But just putting +40% EXP to quests is a very cheap and easy way to go by it. I do love Classic leveling. I think it's the best part of the entire experience. But let's face it. Leveling in Vanilla doesn't feel complete and balanced. It's all great from 1-30, you have a decent amount of quest, the flow feels consistent taking you from zone to zone. From 30+ it starts to break up, you start to have limited areas in various zones that want you to do this amount of quests to then shuffle you into another zone to do this amount of quests there only to send you back to where you were earlier. And this becomes worse for every level you gain beyond level 30. When you reach level 40+ it starts to become rather insane how you start to have so many quests that want you to spend some insane amounts of time just traveling from one area to the next. You start to spend a whole bunch of time idling while using flight paths. And the quests become more and more grindy.

There is a reason why Blizzard actually spent time going back improving on the 1-60 leveling content during TBC. It wasn't finished. I'm not saying we should get everything from TBC like mounts at level 30, less EXP needed to reach level 60, etc. But having all the additional quests, quest hubs, and optimisations from TBC would be great and a much better solution than simply adding +40% EXP from quests. At least that's my opinion.
    A million times this.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    As someone who leveled to 35 in the beta, I can say even the 40% quest bonus isn't super noticeable. It's not like retail where you can churn around 20 quests in an hour.

It just actually makes quests feel worth doing. Especially some of the most tedious ones. Overall I think it's a positive change and doesn't strongly impact the feel of leveling in vanilla.
    Interesting feedback, thanks!

@crewskater : I've been leveling in current Era servers, dungeons after WC are quite hard to get in, yet I've had enough quests. The only problem here is the inefficiency of those. As RamGuy said earlier, to keep up with those quests, you have to spend your time flying from zones to zones, which can be very tedious. So grinding might be more tempting even though quests does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Feel free to correct me when that happens. At least Classic servers happened...
    Do we really want the Blizzard of 2021 to create classic+ content? I dont think most of us wants to. They would certainly screw it up one way or another.

Its a appealing dream, thats for sure. I would welcome classic+, but I seriously doubt it would be what we dream it to be with Blizzard of today.