Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Why would he think he's not guilty?

Because there's no evidence to show that he is guilty of anything nothing more than circunstancial

That's how things work.
    AND YET, they felt it necessary to distance themselves from him. which, for some bizarre reason at face value means nothing to you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    AND YET, they felt it necessary to distance themselves from him. which, for some bizarre reason at face value means nothing to you guys...
    There's more reasons to fire someone than sexual misconduct.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2- the cowboy/girl in the game are called cole and ashe
    coal and ash
    yes i know nice pun.
    I hated the name till I read this.

There's more reasons to fire someone than sexual misconduct.
    ok, guy who apparently didn't know there was a two year investigation by the state of CA into Acti-Blizz until it was pointed out to him not even a couple pages ago.... share with us what the rest of us don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    this is hilarious... i couldnt find this guy on wiki... so im unsure what to believe at the moment
    The picture is big nose George

- - - Updated - - -

ok, guy who apparently didn't know there was a two year investigation by the state of CA into Acti-Blizz until it was pointed out to him not even a couple pages ago.... share with us what the rest of us don't already know.
    I know of it, but i can almost guarantee that most people didn't know about it until the Twitter shitstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Active lawsuits aren't proof of anything
    They are when the lawsuits are the result of Blizzard admitting they were doing something wrong and then breaching the agreement they made with the state government to fix them.

Womp womp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I know of it, but i can almost guarantee that most people didn't know about it until the Twitter shitstorm.
    because the investigation was not public knowledge until the state filed a lawsuit.

even if we buy this idea that it was public outrage that got McCree fired (even though he wasn't named in the lawsuit AFAIK nor was he the only person in the Cosby suit pic), so what? you don't need a conviction in court to have a private company scrub you from it's history. they're free to do that any way they please...

holy shit I cannot believe you think that's somehow different or even the least bit appropriate....

oh okay, you care that an alleged sex pest was kicked to the curb but can't prove or for that matter DISPROVE said allegations against McCree. only that for, WHATEVER FUCKING REASON you think he's not guilty and therefore Blizzard cannot make these changes because you don't agree with them. well, too fucking bad. they made the change, deal with it.
    It's appropriate because clearly you are misreading everything and not comprehending anything people say and its causing you to get hostile.

That has nothing to do with my post..... I never said any of that.

If you need help reading anything let me know and I'll try and change what I write to hopefully help you actually understand what I wrote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So is there any in-universe reason for this change? Or is it just "this was his real name all along" or something along those lines?
    There have always been interactions implying that McCree was an alias, like Sombra hinting that it isn't his real name. He's also used the alias Joel Morricone.

Apparently the new name is going to be worked into the story. Pretty much every other member of Overwatch uses a codename, anyway, since they're illegal vigilantes now.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lmao omg WHAT???

Is this like, "Oh your name is Smith and I know a Smith who diddled a kid are you a diddler too?" Thank you for weirdo take and laugh Sorry that I scare you.
    You shouldn't belittle the struggles of those who have been on the receiving end of unwanted sexual advances. I get that it's easy to mock and belittle them behind your computer screen, but they are real people who faced real tragedies and making light of the trauma they endured just because of associations that had been unwillingly forced upon them is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    It's an alright name. Now maybe next time DON'T name characters after employees or celebrities.
    Bunch of characters not part of the Activlizzard that reference employees and celebrities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reactionary isn't tied to only one set of political beliefs. And whitewashing is exactly what they are doing by combing their entire library of games of references that people like you find "offensive." Mind you these games have a rating system. And if you can't handle them then try one that caters to a more immature audience.
    You're really using politically charged rhetoric in your argument regardless of your intent. A good example of reactionaries whitewashing something would be the Conservatives here in Texas trying to force schools to teach "alternate viewpoints" on the Holocaust, or, like, making it seem like Christopher Columbus was a cool dude and not an imperialist. Changing the name of Columbus Day wouldn't be whitewashing it, if anything it would be acknowledging and drawing attention to the problem with venerating him.

It just kinda makes it sound like you're repeating words you heard someone else use in a similar context, but not quite correctly.

Sure, they're trying to sanitize their image by removing references to problematic ex-employees. Whitewashing would be more like keeping the name and downplaying or outright lying about what the real guy did.

because the investigation was not public knowledge until the state filed a lawsuit.

even if we buy this idea that it was public outrage that got McCree fired (even though he wasn't named in the lawsuit AFAIK nor was he the only person in the Cosby suit pic), so what? you don't need a conviction in court to have a private company scrub you from it's history. they're free to do that any way they please...
    I'm not saying that can't scrub him, but that doesn't imply he's guilty of anything. But we do know what he did, he was in a group chat and was in group photos, which people were outraged by what he said. Unlike Elegiac who thinks no one was outraged, but he was guilty of something.

Ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There have always been interactions implying that McCree was an alias, like Sombra hinting that it isn't his real name. He's also used the alias Joel Morricone.

Apparently the new name is going to be worked into the story. Pretty much every other member of Overwatch uses a codename, anyway, since they're illegal vigilantes now.
    I mean fuck for all we know they might go for the "he's actually a descendant of Butch Cassidy" angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I just googled "Cowboy name generator" and the first name that came up was "Samuel Marks" which I actually think is a better name than this

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You're really using politically charged rhetoric in your argument regardless of your intent. A good example of reactionaries whitewashing something would be the Conservatives here in Texas trying to force schools to teach "alternate viewpoints" on the Holocaust, or, like, making it seem like Christopher Columbus was a cool dude and not an imperialist. Changing the name of Columbus Day wouldn't be whitewashing it, if anything it would be acknowledging and drawing attention to the problem with venerating him.

It just kinda makes it sound like you're repeating words you heard someone else use in a similar context, but not quite correctly.

Sure, they're trying to sanitize their image by removing references to problematic ex-employees. Whitewashing would be more like keeping the name and downplaying or outright lying about what the real guy did.
    That's the problem they're only changing things because of people being offended. Not because these guys at blizzard did anything wrong. They're changing it to make themselves look better.

And reactionary isn't necessarily attached to any political philosophy. Don't know when that became solely a right wing thing. It's stopping unwanted change in a system.

Holocaust denying isn't whitewashing, because the people promoting it aren't erasing anything, they're just saying there should be alternative viewpoints. That's stupid because that position is entirely unsubstantiated.

Just like saying McCree was guilty of anything, unsubstantiated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know when that became solely a right wing thing. It's stopping unwanted change in a system.
    You're literally describing conservatism. Like, literal textbook definition conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    Can you explain why Blizz has fallen that low when they remove anecdotes to raper bastard or are you just a degenrated keyboard hero that has to share his hate because you are pretty dumb?
    McCree was accused of convicted of rape? Do tell please

10+ Year Old Account
    Just eating my popcorn. I have no strong opinion one way or another about the change or the motivation behind it.

But the name is kinda doofy. Sounds like something a 7 year old would name their dollar store cowboy doll.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they said going forward they were being "thoughtful and discerning with their real world references" but they drop the last name because the Dev was let go over allegations and rename him in reference to Butch Cassidy?
    This got really dumb.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2021-10-23 at 02:18 AM.