Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Korthia and Maw have insanely heavy daze along with near insta dismount. helps to be a tank or use https://www.wowhead.com/item=168419/...riders-barding

Daze was very noticeable and seemed boosted in WOD, blizz made it so tanks could not be dismounted by daze, mentioned in a blue. for other classes you needed a upgraded garrison stable building.

in Legion i ran my DKs and pala's in tank spec doing dailies etc. rest of my classes again suffered until BFA added mount equipment

I forgot daze mechanic even existed since they added that mount equipment piece that completely prevents it and use it on every character.

I guess if you are a cheap skate and can't afford 1k gold you have to make threads like these though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikiti View Post
    Daze is one of the worst mechanics inside this game from the start, and i think it is very outdated and just pure nonsense. They should just remove it from PVE completely. If you have this kind of problem just now you are one of the lucky ones, but whenever i play the game, daze is a nonstop effect that is bothering me, doesnt matter which class i play outside of tanks.
    The absolute worst feeling is when you get dazed by shitter-mobs with like 1/10th of your health, it's like "you know you are just going to die in one hit, can't you just fuck off and let me ride past you."

Anything with less than 50% of your hp should not daze, period.
    Speciation Is Gradual

The zones are getting smaller and smaller, more packed with minions you're bound to pull. I don't know if it's the daze per say, or the fact that you can't walk in any direction without pulling a few mobs on you.

I started playing tank in the open field. People usually leave me alone in warmode and if they pick a fight I can escape easily.

I was reluctant to get rid of the water walking mount equipment but the daze-preventing one is a lifesaver. Honestly, so nice not having to worry about being dazed, especially in elite areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    The Korthia trash mobs on way to the world boss do not daze you and cannot dismount you. They put a short root effect on you ONLY. It's 1 of those rare occurences where the devs have considered the player experience and realised how hellish it would be if those mobs dismounted you.... You'd be getting killed on the way to the world boss every time.
    That is wrong. Unless you have the barding mount equipment, they absolutely do dismount you.

It's why I got the barding.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=168419/...riders-barding

Buy this off the AH.

Never gonna get dazed again.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    While true, its cancelling the purpose of having the slot in the first place since there is really no other option than to use this.
    There's not relly anything else WORTH putting in the slot right now.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

7+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree but then why pretend we have options? They should cancel daze and free the slot to be used with something else.
    The system was implemented so mounts with major effects (in other words, the water strider) aren't a necessity.
    it's not there for *options*

If you remove daze, people will just slot in the water walking item instead.
    And then you have the problem all over again.

Formerly known as Arafal

Getting dazed by mobs produces more negative feelings and sentiment than any of the emotes blizzard is removing. Ofc its ok by blizzard because this cant lead to negative publicity.
    Your opinion is valid, but being dazed never produced more negative feelings than the disrespect shown in players using those emotes against me or in some of the /silly lines they removed that my characters would never say.

While true, its cancelling the purpose of having the slot in the first place since there is really no other option than to use this.
    I use waterwalking on most of my characters anyway, even alts that can't spec tank, but given that I main tank, I would never use that barding on them anyway.

I just strafe and do jump spins lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Those regular mobs in Korthia touch me once and Im dismounted followed by them chasing me half way through the zone lol. Funny thing is it only happens to me on 1 toon really bad the other 3 cant even accumulate in a month what the 4th one goes through in a day ..
    are you using mount equipment? are you a tank class?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikiti View Post
    Daze is one of the worst mechanics inside this game from the start, and i think it is very outdated and just pure nonsense. They should just remove it from PVE completely. If you have this kind of problem just now you are one of the lucky ones, but whenever i play the game, daze is a nonstop effect that is bothering me, doesnt matter which class i play outside of tanks.
    I completely agree with you. Daze is unnecessary and very outdated mechanic that only serves to annoy the player and it should have been removed from the game long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah its quite surpising how few people know this

daze has a chance of happening ONLY if
    A- you are not a tank spec
    B- you take damage to your health.
    B2- that is not enviromental damage

So how you can avoid this is by simply having a shield, Demon skin, azerite power resonating shield, and frost shard accretion are great ways to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

this is wrong, any and every mob can daze you and dismount you. but they do not "inately" do that, what they are doing is a charge that snares you, which slows you.

Any direct attacks that hurt your health have a chance to dismount you, no matter the npc.
    Spells, in my experience, do not cause daze. Neither do ranged shots. Melee hits do have a default chance to daze and it also directional componet. You can run, jump and spin so that you are faced towards the mob when it attacks and not get dazed while you run from it.

When they had defense on armor, like for tanks, that was the mechanic to stop daze. Anyone could achieve it if they stacked the stat, if im not mistaken.

Tanks now have it by default.

Its a melee attack, that is hit from behind, which causes daze. There is like a 45 or 60 degree cone in front of you that if the melee hits you while you are faced there, you can avoid daze.

I learned this through mass pulling mobs when unhittable was achievable. You can strafe and jump in a certain pattern while facing the mobs running away from them, while getting 100% off your avoidance. This seems like a skill that would have finally paid off if I continued to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I completely agree with you. Daze is unnecessary and very outdated mechanic that only serves to annoy the player and it should have been removed from the game long ago.
    this.

the only thing, it does some good for, is this:

it gives some favour to
    - rogues (vanish)
    - hunters (feign death)
    - mages (invisibility)
    - nightelfes (race ability)

because these spells get you out of fight instantly and let you mount up again.

so, the only „good“ thing this annoying shit does, is to give above spells some use and a good utility effect.

and Blizzard is wondering why ppl hate the maw….
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-25 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Anyone else notice this?

Has there been some kind of stealth update?

SOLVED: Didn't realize Blue Domination Shard added (limited) Daze immunity.
    I’ve had the daze immunity mount equiptment for a few years now.

So not gotten dazed since they introduced that.

Quite shocking how there are players who play without it

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

They don't really seem to be respecting the old "less mobs spawn on roads" rule. I would recommend the item to prevent dazing even if the speed increase one is nice to have for flying.

Comfortable Rider's Barding

been using this since it was first implemented.

I totally agree but then why pretend we have options? They should cancel daze and free the slot to be used with something else.
    you do have options.

pre-SL i always felt water walking was much more useful than anti daze, especially back in legion when it was introduced, tons of water areas there (or rather, SL has surprisingly few water areas). imo they should remove those mounts that let you herb and turn that into equipment exclusive too.

korthia, and especialy the path to the raid/worldboss, is just a particularly egregious case where getting dazed can not only get you killed, but killed with a penalty.

but yeah if they are going to put mobs on roads all the time instead of keeping them as a semi-safe space the mechanic has definitely outgrown it's intent.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-10-25 at 01:46 PM.

You do realize there's anti-daze mount equipment, right?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_equipment

It's the leatherworking one. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Com...er%27s_Barding

The only other one I'd even consider using is the saddlechute if players just constantly troll you by zapping you out of the sky, but I always just have two stacks of goblin glider kits on me. In SL there's literally no deep water so you can dump the water walking you probably have on all your alts from when it was given out free.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-10-25 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.