Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Val the Moofia Boss;53441598]Would severely damage their stockprice. Big video game companies must have something coming down the pipeline or else shareholders won't invest. Hence why Blizzard and CIG keep dancing around the question, redefining definitions and metrics, and bending over backwards to avoid saying "we don't have anything coming within the next few years". It is for this same reason why Blizzard would rather settle their lawsuits as quickly as possible, rather than go to court and make it into the discovery phase which would blow the lid open on how bad their pipeline is. Discovery is extremely devastating for software companies.

- - - Updated - - -

/QUOTE]

Pretty much. They dont really have anything big planned for 2022, so why even bother with Blizzconline? They can twist and turn on words and spin whatever story they can via official channels telling they are working on cool stuff, but I dont believe they are until they actually show something.

At the very best in 2022, we get 10.0 for wow. At the absolute very awesome best - that xpac is actually great.

"yeah Blizzcons take a lot of love and effort from the company, therefor, there will be no Blizzcon" LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This does not feel like a surprise at all. Blizzard has a lot of internal issues which they need to recover from and are lagging behind badly on their schedules. Its not like they had much to show for either, maybe WotLK Classic and a new Hearthstone expansion which is what we already expect to come out. At this point I very much doubt that we will ever even see another Blizzcon or it would be more of an ‘Activicon’.
    Doubt we will ever see Blizzcons of the format it used to be.

To be expected.

They just need to keep their heads down and work on their games. All the other fluff is secondary. That said, we won't see another Blizzcon for a while.

"Hey guys we've been so busy removing things from our games that we've not yet been able to come up with new stuff."
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Doubt we will ever see Blizzcons of the format it used to be.
    To many " is this a out of season April's fool's joke" comments for their current announcements.

“…also need to ensure that it feels as safe, welcoming, and inclusive”

Uhhhh, are we going to have safe spaces and flags everywhere? What exactly wasn’t safe, welcoming, and inclusive about the last Blizzcons? Are the only ones left at the company nuts? I’m really starting to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post

Uhhhh, are we going to have safe spaces and flags everywhere? What exactly wasn’t safe, welcoming, and inclusive about the last Blizzcons? Are the only ones left at the company nuts? I’m really starting to wonder.
    I take it you completely missed the Corpsegrind fiasco.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Born too late to explore the world, born too early to explore the galaxy, born just in time to watch nu-bl*zzard eat itself alive.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post

They're the ones who have been running it for probably at least the 5 years, but using the lawsuit to make more ridiculous demands. "Hey LOOK our workplace is oppressive! *snicker/whisper no it's really not we've actually become the oppressors just like other tech companies offices* GIVE US WHAT WE ARE DEMANDING"

So now there'll probably be a booth for a bunch of ridiculous groups demanding visibility even if they account for .00000000000000001% of the population.

I mean.. lets be honest.. it was going to be a nightmare if they decided to do it. For two reasons. One.. what are they going to show. They same products they showed in the last two that haven't come out yet and probably aren't even close? Then top it off with who knows how the crowd would react to some people. It could turn QUICK on them if even the slightest wrong thing was said or laughed at. Not to mention probably lots of questions about a lawsuit they will absolutely refuse to answer anything about. Which will also be a crowd popper if it built steam. Just over all would have been a disaster. So now we will probably just get power point slide shows when things are actually about to release. Or something actually is happening. In a place where no one can ever ask a question that isn't screened and approved. Which is ok. I will be honest hearing about Diablo 4 music 17 years before the game releases doesn't seem to weigh in on me to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    To many " is this a out of season April's fool's joke" comments for their current announcements.
    I mean... They literally have nothing except for D4. OW2 might be cool, but I doubt it will elevate the game a whole lot.

They really are going all in on the wow xpac to be the saving grace in 2022. Thats a big save.

All that Copium Inhaling.... you can smell it throu the screen lol

1. There never gonna be another BlizzCon
    2. BlizzConline is history aswell
    3. They have NOTHING to show this year anyway... imagine the awkwardness. Standint on theb stage and presenting nothing...
    4. either 9.2 will be the last Shadowlands patch or next expansion gonna come out early 2023 at best. Summer 2023 is most likely tho.
    5. Next WoW Expansion: World of Warcraft - Fruit In A Basket

They must be hemorrhaging money. Good.

the horror the horror!! how will i spend this year not hearing how things will be removed to from the game? Who will tell me heres a guide to to do "insert subject matter here" Oh well prob for the best i mean we wouldn't want to make the presenters feel unwelcome right? Right??

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I take it you completely missed the Corpsegrind fiasco.
    Alliance player who played back then.
    His distasteful conduct was not a threat to my well being.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Alliance player who played back then.
    His distasteful conduct was not a threat to my well being.
    Words are VIOLENC!!!11
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Just say you have nothing to show - it's ok to be honest
    They got plenty. You know you guys would be out to get them calling Blizzard out of touch if they did one so close to the recent eve ts that unfolded. They will still give updates for their games just no need to have a big PR circus when the bad things are less than a year old.

I just can't wait for the inevitable Twitter post from some WoW dev bashing the community for being entitled or whatever.

Never cared about Blizzcon tbh. I just want a full presentation on WoW and all the new info.

If they manage to do that at least on the scale or bigger than previous Blizzcons I'll be satisfied.