Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    The funniest thing about this thread is that whatever diversified talent they do hire, said person is way more qualified to make videogames than all these whining posters who wouldn't even get their foot through Blizzard's office, lol.
    Yeah, this basically. This fact will probably just go over people's heads anyway though. it's sad. I mean, why don't people realize that Acti-Blizz is a BUSINESS and they will most likely ONLY hire people who are qualified and not just some random person who has no qualifications but fulfills this quota? Why would they want to lose more money by doing that? I mean, yeah there are cases where a person without qualifications will get hired by a company just because they fulfill a diversity quota they might have... BUT, that doesn't mean that every company out there will be like that? That they won't be able to find a qualified individual for a specific job AND fulfill the diversity quota at the same time? Why does no one think about this but only think in the negative all the time? That BOTH conditions can be met and not just one over the other for the sake of pleasing some people? I mean they are a money-making business (most businesses are really) so why would they want to purposely tank their financial success? It's mind boggling. Most of the people who have posted in here really show their true colors.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    So basically you're a racist...
    How's that?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Replacing harassment with racism and sexism... way to go Blizzard, way to go.

My feeling is that we will see another former great company to be taken down by the woke minority and their ridiculous demands.

Who cares. Bobby Kotick can take all the pay cuts and fund all the "United Negro Colleges" he wants, he definitely does not need the money.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    So stupid. Have fun tanking your company into the ground. Keep hiring based on gender and not on actual ability to perform in your job. Maybe thats why you cant get shit done. Keep hiring lazy people who check off boxes on your stupid stat sheet. See how far it takes you.
    what the hell is going on ? why he is hiring based on gender now , im not being biased but this is crazy if 2 persons apply and one with 0 experience in mmo but female and someone who worked in mmo for 4 years for example are you going to hire the woman ?

i know he is being forced to do that since they will not let him go unless he do some decision like that i heard the state in america he live in is very crazy on this type of things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Replacing harassment with racism and sexism... way to go Blizzard, way to go.

My feeling is that we will see another former great company to be taken down by the woke minority and their ridiculous demands.
    he is forced cant you see it ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is some science class for some of the comments above!

A person with XX chromosomes usually has female sex and reproductive organs and is therefore usually assigned biologically female.

A person with XY chromosomes usually has male sex and reproductive organs and is therefore usually assigned biologically male.

The keyword is usually here become in science we do not look at what is between your legs but at your chromosomes, other arrangements of chromosomes, hormones, and body parts can happen, (far more often than you think!) which results in someone being intersex.

Gender is much bigger and more complicated than assigned sex. Gender includes gender roles, which are expectations society and people have about behaviors, thoughts, and characteristics that go along with a person’s assigned sex.

For example, ideas about how men and women are expected to behave, dress, and communicate all contribute to gender. Gender is also a social and legal status as girls and boys, men, and women.

It’s easy to confuse sex and gender. Just remember that biological or assigned sex is about biology, anatomy, and chromosomes. Gender is society’s set of expectations, standards, and characteristics about how men and women are supposed to act.

Your gender identity is how you feel inside and how you express those feelings. Clothing, appearance, and behaviors can all be ways to express your gender identity.

Most people feel that they’re either male or female. Some people feel like a masculine female or a feminine male. Some people feel neither male nor female. These people may choose labels such as “genderqueer,” “gender variant,” or “gender fluid.” Your feelings about your gender identity begin as early as age 2 or 3.

Some people’s assigned sex and gender identity are pretty much the same, or in line with each other. These people are called cisgender. Other people feel that their assigned sex is of the other gender from their gender identity (i.e., assigned sex is female, but gender identity is male). These people are called transgender or trans. Not all transgender people share the same exact identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    How's that?
    Youre the one hiring a minority because they are a minority after all..

Youre the one hiring a minority because they are a minority after all..
    I think you misunderstood, I said hiring the best person for the job is the way forward. If there are multiple people that are the best at the job, then you should diversify the workplace, there is nothing wrong with that. By your logic you are racist no matter your choice.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

keep politics the fuck away from WoW and every other game, true gamers focus on the games, not the god damn subliminal messages sent.

im so fucking tired of zealout feminists ruining everything on this god damn planet.

im all for equality, but equality means exactly that...equality...so let gamers have the equal right to decide what THEY like and what they want to see and hear in a game!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you're a racist...
    not really , excellency first ,

there is no difference between arab , black , white , red people . if you think of this "diversity" without excellency then you are the racist here. imagine 2 people came to you one is white is but having experience on directing combat system and a black person that doesnot have experience , who are you going to hire ? or vise versa. it doesnot matter that color i chose its what the best for the company .

how ridiculous it is going to be in the future to go to the website applying for job and you see " Need a game director , non-black ,must be female ". like what the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Yeah, this basically. This fact will probably just go over people's heads anyway though. it's sad. I mean, why don't people realize that Acti-Blizz is a BUSINESS and they will most likely ONLY hire people who are qualified and not just some random person who has no qualifications but fulfills this quota?
    I have yet to see anyone saying they are better designers than those putting in applications. Quit putting words in people's mouths. We think they will hire anyone just to look better because it constantly happens and they need to do it quickly to stop their business from tanking.
    No Lives Matter, we're all insignificant beings on an irrelevant pale blue dot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamer View Post
    They did this at my job years ago too where they're like "there's too many white people in leadership positions. Promote/hire non-whites immediately so we don't look bad." My next boss was a black guy who worked at another company and apparently they didn't vet him at all cause he was as dumb as a brick. This isn't even a joke: A circuit blew on our dock lights so ya just have to hit the little button between the outlets to reset it. I found him stabbing it with scissors...
    Omg ... god help you man , hopefully you find better job if you are not doing fine

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Huh... Bobby took a huge compensation cut, and they're ending the forced arbitration. They've actually done more than I expected, I'm kind of impressed. They haven't fired any of the higher-ups unfortunately, but this seems like some change in the right direction. Now if only we could see some progress on unionization...

Also, I'm amused to see people are hyper-focusing on the workforce diversity stuff. Keep on showing your true colors, folks.

They did this at my job years ago too where they're like "there's too many white people in leadership positions. Promote/hire non-whites immediately so we don't look bad." My next boss was a black guy who worked at another company and apparently they didn't vet him at all cause he was as dumb as a brick. This isn't even a joke: A circuit blew on our dock lights so ya just have to hit the little button between the outlets to reset it. I found him stabbing it with scissors...
    There ARE cases of incompetence hires, I ran into one myself... I don't think it was a diversity thing (although he was a Pakistani), it was more a matter of him lying on his resume. Lying like a rug. His incompetence came out very quickly, fortunately.

BUT -- most employers won't hire an unqualified person. I mean a grossly unqualified one... if there's a qualified person of color vs. a highly qualified white person, yeah, they might tick the diversity box and hire the person of color. That doesn't mean that person can't do the job.

Blizzard especially wants competence. They have products to make. They're a triple A studio and aren't employing dregs just to satisfy a diversity quotient. What they ARE doing, by gunpoint now (as most employers are), is giving non-whites a better shot at a position. The gunpoint part is unfortunate but we've learned most corporations won't do what's decent unless there's significant oversight and regulations.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    No, that literally tells nothing.

It only proves that the survey about game developers is true meaning about 60% of game developers are men and 30% were women.
    And this has nothing to do with any kind of bias? Get real.

To be able to have equal number of workers we would need to force more women to become developers OR we would have to fire men from their jobs leaving them unemployed, so that we could fill in some equality-policy. Neither is ideal.
    Or start working actively at a societal level to remove the biases that persist and continue to result in this unnaturally skewed situation.

You cant change the reality of the world. Not all women want to become game developers... not all men want to become makeup artists... all jobs in the world have biased ratios based on which gender is generally more interested in it.
    And you can't see how the society we live in and its history biases these choices? Or how the choices that society continues to make on an ongoing basis can serve to perpetuate these biases?

No job is 100% one gender or the other, but they arent 50% either and never will be.
    I am not sure what the basis of such an assertion is. If you remove all societal biases I suspect that most jobs in the modern world would be equally suited to any gender.

Trying to forcefully change that is far more harmful to everyone involved...
    I am not suggesting forcefully changing anything. I am advocating for actively seeking out and addressing biases that disadvantage people based on race, gender, religion, etc.

Just go to any school that teaches gaming and start counting heads in classes... its never going to be equal. And never because of who are chosen for the classes... its about who APPLY for said field.
    And still it doesn't strike you that there are clear biases at work that are responsible for this situation?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I have yet to see anyone saying they are better designers than those putting in applications. Quit putting words in people's mouths. We think they will hire anyone just to look better because it constantly happens and they need to do it quickly to stop their business from tanking.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure filling their company with a bunch of Do-Nothing Andys just to fill a quota will toootally save their business. Clearly they'll take ANYONE off the street and pay them a salary and give them benefits just because it "looks good", not because they'll actually be able to do decent work. Yep. This is reality. /s

The year is 2025, Climate Change Entertainment(Previously blizzard but to take a stand they changed their name) is set to release its brand new game. "Non-Binary Navigator":
    In this game, you take part in the simulation of being a non-binary individual and deal with the every day woes of trying to find bathrooms, cloths that fit your plus size body and having to be called a different pronoun at Sonic.
    Please insert your vaxx card fully filled with the 18th pfizer dose to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hiring based on the above is why a lot of places are white boy frat zones. They hire because the person has balls and is white skinned. Don't act so insulted because that's no longer the case.
    You're completely putting aside the qualification for said job.

I don't care about the gender, race or identity of the developers, as long as they are qualified for the job, and creative on top of that. They can end up with a 100% female developing team. But thanks for missing the point entirely.

Also, as a side note, you do realize you could have 20 "white boys" that are from completely diverse cultural backgrounds, identities and ethnicities... right?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Bobby stated that Blizzard will now hire BASING on being certain gender not talent and this is the problem.
    Care to quote where he said that? Or are you just strawmanning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me more of your sweet little lies.