Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    Has Blizzard already announced any plans as to what happens once the season is through? I'm hesitant to play on those servers because I don't want to start over all the time. Are they just gonna wipe the characters at the end of it?

Someone told me that Blizzard plans for us to copy our characters over to the normal servers once the season is over.

Have they already announced anything concrete on the matter?
    I don't remember seeing Blizz mention anything about it. Seeing how I believe there are special hard-core titles, I wouldn't really hold my breathe on that stuff getting copied out of the server.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't remember seeing Blizz mention anything about it. Seeing how I believe there are special hard-core titles, I wouldn't really hold my breathe on that stuff getting copied out of the server.
    They did say they were aware of the players wish to keep their characters.

Looking Forward

Even though we’ve just gotten started with the Beta, many players want to know what might happen after the 12-month schedule is completed. While we don’t have specifics to share now, we’re currently exploring all of our options, especially when it comes to allowing characters to persist in some way when the Season ends. We’ll let you know!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ns-and-Details

But that's very vague.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What you want doesn't exist and has never existed.
    Unless I'm mistaken, what OP is asking for is for the WoW Seasonal servers to work exactly like Diablo 3's does...which certainly does exist.

You're injecting your own opinion of the realms being dead, which is pretty irrelevant. OP just wants to know that their character won't be deleted and will end up somewhere instead.

I know, but I don't want to start over, especially every year, that is exactly the opposite of what I want, I just want to play on a server where I'm not the only one playing so season of mastery will really be the only viable option, so if we can somehow at least copy over our characters to normal realms at the end of it, at least my progress won't be wiped constantly
    Dont play it then?
    "lolz i want somethink which we already have, why cant the new mode be like ze old".

cringe.

Your progress doesnt matter, its a game, one day you will lose it all.
    this day will be sooner than later.

They did say they were aware of the players wish to keep their characters.
    You can keep your character! You just wont have people to play with, on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, what OP is asking for is for the WoW Seasonal servers to work exactly like Diablo 3's does...which certainly does exist.

You're injecting your own opinion of the realms being dead, which is pretty irrelevant. OP just wants to know that their character won't be deleted and will end up somewhere instead.
    He said he doesn't like playing on dead servers but he wants to keep his character. The servers being dead isn't my opinion. Also this conversation has nothing to do with Diablo 3.

You don't even need to bring up Diablo 3. The Classic Servers at the moment are exactly that. People did keep their characters and others copied them over to TBC. The servers which remained behind in vanilla are dead.

The problem here is, he dislikes playing on dead servers but wants to keep his character. It's non-sensical because wherever he copies the characters from season of mastery will also be dead.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-10-30 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Basically, and simply put-

This server type isn't for you if you want to keep the character on the same server, as is when it ends. End of story.
    You realize OP said many times they're okay with the character being moved to standard Classic servers, right?

I mean, that's what they ask RIGHT in their first post.

This is 100% an issue with people misunderstanding them because people jumped on them to completely screw up the entire conversation for, whatever reason, mocking the idea of wanting that.

You realize OP said many times they're okay with the character being moved to standard Classic servers, right?

I mean, that's what they ask RIGHT in their first post.

This is 100% an issue with people misunderstanding them because people jumped on them to completely screw up the entire conversation for, whatever reason, mocking the idea of wanting that.
    Thanks, bro. I think they're just trying to pick a fight.

He said he doesn't like playing on dead servers but he wants to keep his character. The servers being dead isn't my opinion. Also this conversation has nothing to do with Diablo 3.

You don't even need to bring up Diablo 3. The Classic Servers at the moment are exactly that. People did keep their characters and others copied them over to TBC. The problem is, the servers which remained behind in vanilla are dead.

The problem here is, he dislikes playing on dead servers but wants to keep his character. It's non-sensical because wherever he copies the characters from season of mastery will also be dead.
    It's not nonsensical at all to me.

If I wanted to play Classic, I dislike the idea of seasonal events for WoW too. But I would pick the seasonal server because it would be the most active, despite how I feel about it because I'd want people to play with.

But at the same time, I wouldn't want that character to just vanish at the end, I'd rather it be moved to a server where it could still be used for maybe a group of friends wants to run a classic dungeon just for fun or something.

Which is also what OP mentioned, that they don't care about raiding exactly. They'd just want to run 5 mans at most, and have a semi-active AH.

It's clear that Classic servers are currently in a lull, but we don't know what down the road holds for them. Right now it's the release of TBC Classic that got everyone to shift their attention, but it's possible for Classic to start to see a revival as people get bored of other options.

Lastly, D3 seasons is a perfect example of what OP wants from my understanding. You can either delete the character or move it to your standard character list to be played in non-seasonal.

I answered the 3 probable outcomes for this, and he ignored it (1- They transfer it to a classic server 2- They refresh the toon on a new server at level 1 with a cosmetic seasonal reward, or 3- They delete it).
    Also NO ONE knows what will happen, because Blizzard haven't really said much on the subject. He even noted they are being vague, but doesn't seem to grasp if Blizzard themselves aren't ready to answer, then how the flying hell are fans on a forum meant to?

So simply put, seems he just wants to fight and argue over something trivial.
    No one knows at the moment it seems, sure. But asking isn't exactly some big deal, it's always possible that some news was missed somewhere, hence why asking around isn't a bad idea.

And I mean, I would get irritated too if I asked a question that was pretty clear ("Would the character be moved to normal servers after?") and started getting accusations of "not knowing what seasonal servers means" and repeatedly told to just go to normal servers then instead of actually hearing what they were asking.

If I wanted to play Classic, I dislike the idea of seasonal events for WoW too. But I would pick the seasonal server because it would be the most active, despite how I feel about it because I'd want people to play with.

But at the same time, I wouldn't want that character to just vanish at the end, I'd rather it be moved to a server where it could still be used for maybe a group of friends wants to run a classic dungeon just for fun or something.

Which is also what OP mentioned, that they don't care about raiding exactly. They'd just want to run 5 mans at most, and have a semi-active AH.

It's clear that Classic servers are currently in a lull, but we don't know what down the road holds for them. Right now it's the release of TBC Classic that got everyone to shift their attention, but it's possible for Classic to start to see a revival as people get bored of other options.

Lastly, D3 seasons is a perfect example of what OP wants from my understanding. You can either delete the character or move it to your standard character list to be played in non-seasonal.

No one knows at the moment it seems, sure. But asking isn't exactly some big deal, it's always possible that some news was missed somewhere, hence why asking around isn't a bad idea.

And I mean, I would get irritated too if I asked a question that was pretty clear ("Would the character be moved to normal servers after?") and started getting accusations of "not knowing what seasonal servers means" and repeatedly told to just go to normal servers then instead of actually hearing what they were asking.
    That's because he kept contradicting himself. On one post he stated playing on dead servers was a no-no. He also doesn't like the idea of seasonal servers and losing his character.

Then the question is: Where do you think the character you want to keep will end up on?

The answer is: a dead server

Then he comes and says "you're wrong, i'll play on dead servers"

Well, make up your bloody mind then.

Thanks, bro. I think they're just trying to pick a fight.
    Honestly I was genuinely confused what was going on because I thought it was clear to me what was being asked.

He didn't say anything of the sort.

"Has Blizzard already announced any plans as to what happens once the season is through? I'm hesitant to play on those servers because I don't want to start over all the time. Are they just gonna wipe the characters at the end of it?

Someone told me that Blizzard plans for us to copy our characters over to the normal servers once the season is over.

Have they already announced anything concrete on the matter?"

He is asking for information that hasn't been released yet, and no one can answer beyond conjecture, and doesn;t seem happy with the idea that no one is able to actually answer it.
    Sorry, but you are coming across with the standard MMO Moderator "smug" attitude here, and trying to defend someone who has had their question answered already, but refuses to acknowledge it.

As I said before, and honestly, it seems asinine to be even mentioning it, but NO ONE KNOWS YET.

Christ almighty, I am done with this forum. Seriously. Between useless political threads, arguments, mongs like this refusing to listen when the question they ask has been answered, and utterly smug twat moderators who think because they volunteer on a site, they are some kind of paragon of virtue and debate.

Honestly, just fucking delete this account. I am finally done with this shitty cess pool forum.
    So if they don't know, a simple "I don't know" would have sufficed, no?

Instead of ridiculing for asking? Or some actual discussing it instead of telling them that seasonal servers aren't for them in a smug way?

I mean, are you really going to claim others are the issue after I said literally nothing bad about you yet you're attacking me over something that carries about as much value as a paperweight?

Exactly what I was saying, thanks.

That's because he kept contradicting himself. On one post he stated playing on dead servers was a no-no. He also doesn't like the idea of seasonal servers and losing his character.

Then the question is: Where do you think the character you want to keep will end up on?

The answer is: a dead server

Then he comes and says "you're wrong, i'll play on dead servers"

Well, make up your bloody mind then.
    Again, I can't actually speak for them, but to me I would just considering that a situation of willing to deal with the negative as long as the end result is still okay.

In this case, there's two choices.

You can play on Seasonal servers which will be temporary but active, or go straight to Normal servers which are suffering already.

I would rather have some activity for starting off at least personally, but we don't know the end result of seasonal servers at the moment, but if the end result was the character was deleted, I wouldn't bother with it either.

If the result was though that the character gets moved to normal servers, then there's no harm in picking Seasonal server aside from leveling again, because the character will still get dropped into a normal server after and still be accessible. Which would solve the issue of losing the character.

Maybe it's just two different mindsets.

To tack on though, the only reason I have some doubt that they might just move the character to normal servers is the increased leveling speed honestly. They might consider that to be imbalanced between the two servers, but I don't know if it matters enough.

Again, I can't actually speak for them, but to me I would just considering that a situation of willing to deal with the negative as long as the end result is still okay.

In this case, there's two choices.

You can play on Seasonal servers which will be temporary but active, or go straight to Normal servers which are suffering already.

I would rather have some activity for starting off at least personally, but we don't know the end result of seasonal servers at the moment, but if the end result was the character was deleted, I wouldn't bother with it either.

If the result was though that the character gets moved to normal servers, then there's no harm in picking Seasonal server aside from leveling again, because the character will still get dropped into a normal server after and still be accessible. Which would solve the issue of losing the character.

Maybe it's just two different mindsets.

To tack on though, the only reason I have some doubt that they might just move the character to normal servers is the increased leveling speed honestly. They might consider that to be imbalanced between the two servers, but I don't know if it matters enough.
    They might allow people to move to the old servers because they're completely deserted. I played on Gehennas-EU arguably the biggest EU server with a lot of the pserver community. I logged in the other day out of curiosity and it was beyond dead.

Or they can just create a new single or couple of static servers where everyone that ends season of mastery can copy their characters to at the end. If they keep creating new servers for the season of mastery ones at the end of each season.. that's just a mess

One thing I can assure you, there will always be people to play seasonal servers. Private servers were in essence seasonal servers. Most people didn't even finish Naxx and left for the freshest server. You might not understand this yet but people will always go to the freshest server and there's a crowd for it.

I was actually going to answer, but honestly, I really cannot be fucked dealing with this anymore.

I have requested an account deletion, so if you could sort that out, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I thought I was pretty clear when I mentioned the paperweight analogy, but you'd have to contact chaud about that via the contact us button at the top right, not moderators.

- - - Updated - - -

They might allow people to move to the old servers because they're completely deserted. I played on Gehennas-EU arguably the biggest EU server with a lot of the pserver community. I logged in the other day out of curiosity and it was beyond dead.

Or they can just create a new single or couple of static servers where everyone that ends season of mastery can copy their characters to at the end. If they keep creating new servers for the season of mastery ones at the end of each season.. that's just a mess
    At worst I could see them making one new server that becomes just a dumping ground for old seasonal characters. So every end of season, they all get dropped into that one server.

But honestly at this rate it seems like Classic should be moved down to fewer servers anyway so you can condense the players who do wish to continue. Creating more servers to keep dumping characters would definitely be a mess, agreed. Hopefully it will be to old servers.

I thought I was pretty clear when I mentioned the paperweight analogy, but you'd have to contact chaud about that via the contact us button at the top right, not moderators.

- - - Updated - - -

At worst I could see them making one new server that becomes just a dumping ground for old seasonal characters. So every end of season, they all get dropped into that one server.

But honestly at this rate it seems like Classic should be moved down to fewer servers anyway so you can condense the players who do wish to continue. Creating more servers to keep dumping characters would definitely be a mess, agreed. Hopefully it will be to old servers.
    I agree, maybe if they merged all classic servers into a single one, people like OP could hopefully have a better experience instead of getting their character dumped into a single player server.

They should have done that already with the old ones to be honest

I play on german PvE servers. There's 3 of them. 2 of them are already connected. Even if they merged all 3 it would not make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Just because you start over doesn't mean you have to just throw away all your progress and character???
    You don't.

Your character stills exists when its over, either on that empty realm, or ported to a 'base' realm, which also has no activity. You're free to log on it, play around, whatever you like.

Activity on those characters simply plummets to near non-existent, where the vast majority of season participants discard the char entirely, and move on to the next char\season\adventure.

Just check any other game with Seasons, be it Diablo 3, Path of Exile or any other you can think of.

- - - Updated - - -

I play on german PvE servers. There's 3 of them. 2 of them are already connected. Even if they merged all 3 it would not make much of a difference.
    You're complaining about dead servers and low activity, yet you play on a german server, restricting yourself even further on amount of players? That's not smart. Maybe try an English speaking realm, you seem to understand the language, and you might find more active servers and more likeminded people.

That's just the reality of the matter and what I wanted you to understand. People in general are not interested in continuing to play on old servers when they know there's a fresh one where everyone will go to. It's also not interesting to keep doing the same content for long periods of time but there was an interesting phenomenon which Blizzard is now going to replicate

The phenomenon that private servers saw was that people were interested in the journey from level 1 to level 60 -> Naxxramas but when given the choice between continuing to do Naxxramas or starting all over again on a fresh server.. People did prefer to start over. What this meant was that the old servers quickly became ghost towns. That's just how it is

This is even worse for someone that restricts himself playing on a German server that even happens to be a PvE server, that's a recipe for a single player game in these conditions
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-10-30 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You're complaining about dead servers and low activity, yet you play on a german server, restricting yourself even further on amount of players? That's not smart. Maybe try an English speaking realm, you seem to understand the language, and you might find more active servers and more likeminded people.
    I play on a german server cause I'm german. I've started playing there from the moment they were launched, I'm not gonna move to english servers now. And english servers aren't much better either. But continue to attack me over every little choice I make.