Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Blizzard has cheated you out of a raid

This is something I still can't believe that it went by unnoticed by so many people.

Usually, at least in the last decade of expansions, the initial raid content of the expansion is made up of at least 2 raids that complement each other.

BFA had Uldir and Dazar'alor. 17 bosses
    Legion had The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold. 17 bosses (Bonus Trial of Valor 3 bosses)
    WoD had Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry. 17 bosses
    MoP had Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. 16 bosses
    Cataclysm had Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent and Throne of Four Winds. Measly 12 bosses

In Shadowlands, we had Castle Nathria with 10 bosses. Sanctum of Domination was added as the second raid and I am sure there will only be one more raid, that will soon be announced and thrown onto the PTR, that will conclude the story with the Jailer. I seriously doubt they will add two more raids in Shadowlands.

That means they will have given us as much raid content as in WoD, where they only added one more raid after the initial raid content.

WoD, with Hellfire Citadel, had 3 raids and 30 bosses. An average of 10 bosses per raid. It was an expansion they gave up on. Every other expansion had more raid content and more raid bosses.

In Shadowlands so far, you got Castle Nathria with 10 bosses, Sanctum of Domination with 10 bosses and if the next raid is going to be the last raid, and also has 10 bosses, like the other two raids, we are looking at an expansion, that had the same amount of raids and the same amount of raid bosses as Warlords of Draenor.

Let that sink in for a while.

It's not so much the fact, that we've only gotten as little raid content as in WoD. It's the fact that Blizzard is getting away with it without anyone having noticed it. Because they've spaced out the two initial raids more and more over time, because they need some time in between them to breathe, that we're now at a point were people don't even expect two raids released together, or at least closely together.
    Last edited by sweetbabygang; 2021-11-03 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabygang View Post
    This is something I still can't believe that it went by unnoticed by so many people.

Usually, at least in the last decade of expansions, the initial raid content of the expansion is made up of 2 raids that complement each other.

Legion had The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold. 17 bosses (Bonus Trial of Valor 3 bosses)
    MoP had Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. 16 bosses
    Cataclysm had Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent and Throne of Four Winds. Measly 12 bosses

In Shadowlands, we had Castle Nathria with 10 bosses. Sanctum of Domination was added as the second raid and I am sure there will only be one more raid, that will soon be announced and thrown onto the PTR, that will conclude the story with the Jailer. I seriously doubt they will add two more raids in Shadowlands.

That means they will have given us as much raid content as in WoD, where they only added one more raid after the initial raid content.

WoD, with Hellfire Citadel, had 3 raids and 30 bosses. An average of 10 bosses per raid. It was an expansion they gave up on. Every other expansion had more raid content and more raid bosses.

In Shadowlands so far, you got Castle Nathria with 10 bosses, Sanctum of Domination with 10 bosses and if the next raid is going to be the last raid, and also has 10 bosses, like the other two raids, we are looking at an expansion, that had the same amount of raids and the same amount of raid bosses as Warlords of Draenor.

It's not so much the fact, that we've only gotten as little raid content as in WoD. It's the fact that Blizzard is getting away with it without anyone having noticed it. Because they've spaced out the two initial raids more and more over time, because they need some time in between them to breathe, that we're now at a point were people don't even expect two raids released together, or at least closely together.
    WoD raid content was fantastic, it was the lack of things outside of raiding that sucked.

Your take is bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, 9.2 coming with another raid, and then hopefully the cross-over patch after that..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Usually, at least in the last decade of expansions, the initial raid content of the expansion is made up of 2 raids that complement each other.

neither Dazar'alor nor Nighthold were initial raid content they were both added in their respective x.1 patches (and opened in x.1.5 at least nighthold im not sure about dazaralor now)

so raids from 7.0 and 7.1 had 20 bosses, raids from 8.0 and 8.1 had 17 bosses and raids from 9.0 and 9.1 had 20 bosses
    now depends if we will have 9.3 for total for expansion but as far as "begining" of expansion go SL is on track with legion and BFA, your math just sucks

also, MOP had no raid in 5.1, so until 5.2 it was 16 bosses "only", so actualy less than legion, bfa, and sl...
    i wont comment on total per expansion, bcs unlike you i dont pretend to know whats next...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-03 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    WoD raid content was fantastic, it was the lack of things outside of raiding that sucked.

Your take is bad.
    WoD had one less raid and therefore significantly less raid content than expansions before it, which caused an outrage at the time. It was a sign that Blizzard had given up on the expansion. When they announced that HFC was the last raid of the expansion, people were furious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, 9.2 coming with another raid, and then hopefully the cross-over patch after that..
    There won't be a 9.3.
    /JessicaLangeVoiceMurderHouseAmericanHorrorStorySeason1
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    neither Dazar'alor nor Nighthold were initial raid content they were both added in their respective x.1 patches (and opened in x.1.5 at least nighthold im not sure about dazaralor now)
    Dazar'alor and Nighthold were part of the two-raid package that Blizzard releases at the beginning of an expansion. One is the smaller intro raid, while the second one is the bigger one that usually has the gear sets.

so raids from 7.0 and 7.1 had 20 bosses, raids from 8.0 and 8.1 had 17 bosses and raids from 9.0 and 9.1 had 20 bosses
    now depends if we will have 9.3 for total for expansion but as far as "begining" of expansion go SL is on trach with legion and BFA, your math just sucks
    Well you can see it that way, but then there will still be one less patch in Shadowlands, with one less raid. I can count raids and raid bosses, and you're most likely not getting more than 3 raids with roughly 30 raid bosses. The same as WoD. One raid and roughly 10 raid bosses less than most expansions.
    Last edited by sweetbabygang; 2021-11-03 at 04:43 PM.

WoD had one less raid and therefore significantly less raid content than expansions before it, which caused an outrage at the time. It was a sign that Blizzard had given up on the expansion. When they announced that HFC was the last raid of the expansion, people were furious.
    Shadowlands has good raids but people still don't like the expansion. Time to pack it up and realize that good raiding content =/= good expansion and people want Shadowlands done with as soon as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    There won't be a 9.3.
    /JessicaLangeVoiceMurderHouseAmericanHorrorStorySeason1
    Didn't say that, though? I'd rather there was though but I just wish out of the Shadowlands story. There will be a 9.2, and then another patch after that before the next expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If SL ends with only the 9.2 raid then it will sit with Cata and WoD as having significantly less raid bosses than others which kind of sucks.

If it has a 9.3 raid it’ll be on par with other expansion.

I still don’t know why WoD gets knocked for having 30 raid bosses total while Cata gets a pass despite only having 29.

Dazar'alor and Nighthold were part of the two-raid package that Blizzard releases at the beginning of an expansion. One is the smaller intro raid, while the second one is the bigger one that usually has the gear sets.
    go to wowpedia or where and look it up, Dazar alor was 8.1(.5?) raid and nighthold was opened in 7.1.5...

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I still don’t know why WoD gets knocked for having 30 raid bosses total while Cata gets a pass despite only having 29.
    You're right, probably cause it was spaced out more with 12/8/8 bosses and a small casual raid with Baradin Hold. Cataclysm was just as bad as WoD.

Well you can see it that way, but then there will still be one less patch in Shadowlands, with one less raid.
    source other than your ass on that please?

I'm pretty sure people noticed Covid.

And even then I would say the bosses in Castle Nathria are much more fun than any in Highmaul & Blackrock Foundry.

Despite a worldwide pandemic I feel like 3 prospective Shadowlands raids are superior to WoD's 2 raid tiers. (Highmaul & Foundry were both the first Tier.)

Usually, at least in the last decade of expansions, the initial raid content of the expansion is made up of at least 2 raids that complement each other.

dazar'alor was also a .1 raid. so legion was the last expac that had two or more raids prior to a .1 patch. those being emerald nightmare and the trial of valor.

go to wowpedia or where and look it up, Dazar alor was 8.1(.5?) raid and nighthold was opened in 7.1.5...
    Which patch it was released in is irrelevant.

1. The point is the total number of raids and raid bosses
    2. Traditionally the last couple of expansions opened with 2 raids.

In MoP they were still all released together and people complained. Then they started to create more and more space between them. Blackrock Foundry was released with a delay and then people wondered why they don't just call that a separate patch. Then with Legion they just released the delayed raids as part of their own patch. Now we've gotten so far with how much they are being delayed, that the gap is so big, that people have forgotten, that they traditionally released two raids at the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

source other than your ass on that please?
    Do you really believe we will have two more raid patches in Shadowlands? We're a good year into the expansion. This is the time around which they usually release the last raid of the expansion.

You're right, probably cause it was spaced out more with 12/8/8 bosses and a small casual raid with Baradin Hold. Cataclysm was just as bad as WoD.
    Baradins hold (and Vault of Archivon) were the world boss equivalents of MoP-SL. No way they should be counted as part of the “raids” of an expansion.

-snip-
    This is because Bobby Kotick massively reduced the WoW team's budget. They do not have the budget to put out the quality or quantity of BFA/Legion/MoP content.

Which patch it was released in is irrelevant.

2. Traditionally the last couple of expansions opened with 2 raids.
    HOW THE HELL can you write these two things that are in direct contradiction without blinking an eye?!
    if it wasnt added until x.1 patch then the expansion DIDNT OPEN WITH IT FFS...
    im not saying about delaying release as they did in mop or wod, it was literaly in different patch, Dazar'alor was opened on 22 January 2019, over 5 months after the expansion, HOW can you say the expansion opened with that raid with straight face?!

i reeeeeaaaaly hope you are troll, bcs i cant believe someone can be this much out of reality...
    nevermind, im not gonna bother further, look up info BEFORE saying some bullshit next time to not look like you just want to troll without any knowledge of how it really happened

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm pretty sure people noticed Covid.

And even then I would say the bosses in Castle Nathria are much more fun than any in Highmaul & Blackrock Foundry.

Despite a worldwide pandemic I feel like 3 prospective Shadowlands raids are superior to WoD's 2 raid tiers. (Highmaul & Foundry were both the first Tier.)
    You can't use COVID as an excuse, because Shadowlands was announced before COVID hit and there was no raid announced alongside Castle Nathria.

Unless Sanctum of Domination was supposed to follow Nathria much fast, but I doubt that. The story as it is designed also doesn't really allow for any more raid other than the conclusion with the Jailer. This seems to be by design.

- - - Updated - - -

if it wasnt added until x.1 patch then the expansion DIDNT OPEN WITH IT FFS...
    By that definition, the last couple of expansions didn't open with any raid, because they were always delayed by a couple of weeks.

No expansion since Warlords of Draenor, or was it MoP even, launched with raids.

I think MoP was the first one to do that.