Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Learning about what I was looking at was more interesting to me and Meoni seemed to have more information in that regard despite them both being part of the media tour. I thought the dialog was self-explanatory and I wasn't interested in fan theories.
    That is actually why I stopped watching meoni's video, he seemed to know some locations and stuff I was getting the feeling I would rather like to discover this myself.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'll be honest, I don't follow MrHappy. I haven't been particularly impressed with his content and found his guides worse than other creators.

Most of the theories going around I haven't particularly liked and will be genuinely disappointed if they turn out to be accurate in EW, so I'd prefer to just wait and see what happens.

As for the dialog being self-explanatory, I meant things like "this bloom will be your guide". Nobody knows what that means, so any commentary on it is pure speculation. I've never gotten into dissecting the song lyrics either, a lot of what appears obvious to others looks like a stretch to me.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I've found that the Lore Lines crew are good to follow. As the name implies they focus on the game's lore and generally back up theories with actual evidence. A lot of content creators prioritise other aspects of the game first and foremost, so when they make lore videos I find that they tend to miss the mark or don't pick up on subtle cues that someone familiar with the established story would.

Wow, Lore Lines launch trailer analysis is two and a half hours long! Guess I'll be playing that while I do my dailies. :P

Ethys Asher was my favorite one to watch for lore, but he hasn't put anything out since he finished the ShB MSQ.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Everyone thinks things are "obvious" when they believe their interpretation to be correct!
    I have yet to see anyone saying their theories are anything other than speculation. Though a lot of it is very good speculation.

Of course, there are plenty of posters who seem to like to claim that everyone is saying their interpretation is fact to discredit them, when that's not the case at all.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

New abilities are sometimes a reference to story elements. For instance the new WHM Lily Bell may be a reference to the bloom from that trailer.