Poll: Would you want another patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if "I don't care" is the right answer, but I'm not satisfied either. I wanted it to end in 9.2 so we can move on from this garbage and see if they can really wow us with 10.0. Lingering in SL any longer than 9.2 would be too much.

I still would've liked a Drust themed patch. wrap up that story line given that at least for Alliance players, there were hints back in BFA that we would go back into Thros to free all the other Kul Tiran souls that were trapped in that realm.

Plus Abby Lewis needs to be punished for what she did to that cat and that dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I still would've liked a Drust themed patch. wrap up that story line given that at least for Alliance players, there were hints back in BFA that we would go back into Thros to free all the other Kul Tiran souls that were trapped in that realm.

Plus Abby Lewis needs to be punished for what she did to that cat and that dog.
    Probably future content for the next expansion

I'm not satisfied, because the expansion won't end sooner due to two patches. It will be the same content drought just as it were so far.

One major patch per year is the worst I expected. If next expansion released in early summer it wouldn't be so bad, but we know that's unlikely.

I thought they will do 9.3 to "buy" themselves time for the next expansion, but obviously that was deemed unnecessary, current subscribers will stay subbed anyway.

Two years of SL: two raids, one dungeon, a small zone and presumably a large zone. And QoL updates that were asked for since beta which mainly address badly designed systems. I wasn't here for WoD, so SL is my first experience of an expansion flop. But I won't be subscribing for content droughts in the future, that I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

The omg im so happy they are scrapping this expac so they can make a better one next copium is running wild lmao. No it just means they are about to scrap all their current system and add a bunch of new ones they will need another 2-3 patch to balance again. Continusly rushing to scrap their last homework before its finished and starting a new one is part of the problem. Cant wait for the new copium wave of its just beta, its gona be better live edition and its just 10.0 its gona be better in 10.1 and then omg thank god 10.2 is the final patch 11.0 is gona fix everything.

At first I thought this was just Wod all over again. But then I started to think the more positive way of what this could mean (prolly doesn't but still). It could be good if they want to go in to direction where content patches are more packed with stuff and meant to last a little longer, introducing x.x.5 patches so the catch up is there before the next content patch. Then I actually wouldn't mind less patches. This could also mean they have more time to spend on class balance because that definitely has been issue in the past.

As someone who mostly plays the game for raiding and dungeons, I don't really care that much about how many raids we get in an expansion as much as I do about the quality of them. Wotlk for example had some amazing months with Ulduar, some decent ones with Icecrown and about half of that expansion I strongly disliked with Naxx and Trial of the Crusader, let's not even go into the pointless filler raids with 1 boss. On the flip side, WoD only had 3 raids but I actually liked all 3. So far I would say both SL raids have been good (I'd take both over any Wotlk raid except for Ulduar personally) but not necessarily amazing. Really hoping this final raid is the best out of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    I did not get that information from the preview at all though.
    Jailer is the final boss of the raid. It was directly in the video. How can it be more obvious than that? All the interviews after basically confirmed it then, at the latest.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    9.2 will be the final major content patch, but it doesn't mean they are "done" done.
    They can still do a 9.2.5 patch as an "epilogue" of sorts, to wrap up some open world storylines, see the aftermath of the Jailer being defeated (assuming we do, ofc).
    Maybe even after he's stopped, the main theme of 9.2.5 can be "The Trial of Sylvanas", since they don't have time to deal with it now, given the end of all reality is around the corner and all.
    Ofc we know that she won't be executed bc mary sue is protected and all, but they should make that a fairly decent sized piece of content and quests and such, maybe even a dungeon involved.
    I'd like to see a trial, some story related to how she wouldn't serve and whatever help she offers to stop him, even have her escaping but weakened and we get to hunt her down through a series of quests, into the new dungeon, to find her at the ruins of Lordaeron.
    She will make some cheesy line after a prolonged fight like "I will never be chained again" and Thrall or even Jaina step in like "then it is time to end your eternal suffering and set you free" and put her down.
    TBH, her character has been nothing but eternal suffering as she hunts for neverending life and whatever, so death, especially at the hands of Thrall and/or Jaina, would make sense to end it and send her along to her Shadowlands destination (and still be able to bring her back later bc if they do off her, she can't be gone forever).

Anywho, there should be a 9.2.5 to wrap up loose ends /endTangent

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Mop and cata were filer expansions
    I agree with cata but MoP was a true expansion.
    This cat scratches free.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no raid tier, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be a small raid like Ruby Sanctum
    It would be waste of resources. When they announce 10.0 all focus and fresh ideas will be there. 9.2 exist for people that already like Shadowlands and gives bare minimum of new zone/rep/collections/raid/season for people who finished all from 9.0/9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    'member Heritage Armor?
    Blizzard: Huwhat?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    The omg im so happy they are scrapping this expac so they can make a better one next copium is running wild lmao. No it just means they are about to scrap all their current system and add a bunch of new ones they will need another 2-3 patch to balance again. Continusly rushing to scrap their last homework before its finished and starting a new one is part of the problem. Cant wait for the new copium wave of its just beta, its gona be better live edition and its just 10.0 its gona be better in 10.1 and then omg thank god 10.2 is the final patch 11.0 is gona fix everything.
    Then doing that would mean the actual death (maintenance mode) of WoW.

Blizzard is already in a PR nightmare, they can't afford another WoD and Shadowlands, they need some good fucking press for once.

I remember from videogame articles and magazines at the time that A Realm Reborn had very positive press after the flop that was the previous product, so I can see Blizzard taking some notes from that.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-12 at 06:11 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Then doing that would mean the actual death (maintenance mode) of WoW.

Blizzard is already in a PR nightmare, they can't afford another WoD and Shadowlands, they need some good fucking press for once.

I remember from videogame articles and magazines at the time that A Realm Reborn had very positive press after the flop that was the previous product, so I can see Blizzard taking some notes from that.
    If that’s their goal, they better bring in the big guns like they did with Legion; New class, spec revamps, overhauled talents, lore heavy assets, iconic characters, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    And here i am thinking that seems like a neat concept, and looking forward to check it ingame.
    on the surface it seems good but that doesn't guarantee it will be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If that’s their goal, they better bring in the big guns like they did with Legion; New class, spec revamps, overhauled talents, lore heavy assets, iconic characters, etc.
    I mean, look at this last video. They spent literally 90% of the time talking about random shit no one cares about like floating rocks, walking on water (lol), and talking robots. And only the artists and writers spoke.

Part of me thinks that's because they are indeed all working on 10.0 and bringing in the big guns, with 9.2 merely serving as a filler patch until 10.0 is ready.

Ion isn't even there even though he announced 8.3, so why would he not announce 9.2?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, look at this last video. They spent literally 90% of the time talking about random shit no one cares about like floating rocks, walking on water (lol), and talking robots. And only the artists and writers spoke.

Part of me thinks that's because they are indeed all working on 10.0 and bringing in the big guns, with 9.2 merely serving as a filler patch until 10.0 is ready.

Ion isn't even there even though he announced 8.3, so why would he not announce 9.2?
    Yep. The general vibe I’m getting is that Blizzard knows SL fell flat with subscribers and it’s time to cut losses and move on. In the end, SL was definitely a filler expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it sucks that we're not likely to get a 9.3. All I care about in WoW is raiding and to only receive 3 raids in a 2 year expansion just feels shitty. All I can really hope for at this rate is that the solo content in 9.2 doesn't suck because it's going to feel bad grinding it on all my alts just so I can have two legendarys to raid with.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

lol I like how defeating the burning legion isn't the end of one of the three "arcs" built up since WC3. Following the tale of Sylvanas is more important than that. Classic-BFA was the second arc of Warcraft franchise, and shadowlands is it's own last arc. He said Shadowlands has basically been built up since WC3. Complete and utter bullshit. Steve you need to get over yourself.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-11-12 at 07:57 PM.

With 9.2 hitting the ptr in a few weeks and no blizzard major event in sight to aniunce 10.0 we are in for a looooooong content drought.