Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    I hope the devs behind that tweet get fired.

They are tattling on someone working at the company for doing the exact thing the player base has teased and asked that people working on the game do. Play the game.
    In the tweet she doesn't say what actual "work" is.

It shows once again the untouchable culture the devs have created for themselves.
    It shows how incredibly out of touch they are thinking players would actually be ANgRY someone is playing wow at Blizzard.

That tweet was a result of bad culture. Fire most of them imo. They've done nothing but embarrass themselves over and over for years and years.
    Playing WoW while you are punched in should be part of the job description now. That tweet is so clueless it makes you wonder what the devs do at work.

Read most of it, give it up Sluvs. lol
    Yeah, I agree that critcizing him for playing the game does not make a lot of sense IMHO.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    I hope the devs behind that tweet get fired.

They are tattling on someone working at the company for doing the exact thing the player base has teased and asked that people working on the game do. Play the game.
    In the tweet she doesn't say what actual "work" is.

It shows once again the untouchable culture the devs have created for themselves.
    It shows how incredibly out of touch they are thinking players would actually be ANgRY someone is playing wow at Blizzard.

That tweet was a result of bad culture. Fire most of them imo. They've done nothing but embarrass themselves over and over for years and years.
    Playing WoW while you are punched in should be part of the job description now. That tweet is so clueless it makes you wonder what the devs do at work.

Read most of it.
    I'm pretty mad if instead of working on improving the game he's selling fucking boosts. Boosts are hands down one of the most damaging things to WoW right now. Also, his job isn't "video game player". So if all he's doing is fucking around on WoW, he's a shit boss.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yeh, because the pandemic had nothing to do with that? And that is fully ignoring blizzard has never really delivered anything on schedule.
    If we ignore the stock price, is the fall really that spectacular?
    Do you really think things could have been avoided? Seeing as it was more of a culture thing? Like, most people knew what was going on but was turning a blind eye because people were delivering.

I never said anything about wasting time? I also think the lawsuit is kinda exclusive in that regard, because it will cost whatever it will cost, that ship sailed years ago. And really 15% isnt "giga" drop... Half valuation would be something closer. Stock price is actually higher then 2018, 2019, 2020... If i had cash, i'd buy in at around 50-55.
    Cool, you have zoom (or other similar software) for that. So no, its not an excuse. Especially now that suddenly Ybarra decided to "introduce himself".

Yes it could have been avoided if higher ups actually gave a damn what is happening on lower tiers. This is prime example what happens if people at the top level have attitude "I don't care as long as it brings money" because eventually it will lead to not brining money or straight up loosing it.

Fall is trully spectacular as blizzard is failin on all fronts, PR, marketing, delivery and quality. You know you did something wrong when so much people leave in short time (not just employees, also content creators, players and even executives).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm pretty mad if instead of working on improving the game he's selling fucking boosts. Boosts are hands down one of the most damaging things to WoW right now. Also, his job isn't "video game player". So if all he's doing is fucking around on WoW, he's a shit boss.
    Boosts are not damaging to wow in the slightest and have been around since vanilla. He isn't selling them on work hours this has been verified by people exhaustively checking over raider.io because much like you they blame boosts for their inability to run their own keys.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    Blizzard employees now gossiping about each other on Twitter? That got to do wonders for the moral...
    Good for the drama I suppose.
    Well, they wanted to hire more women.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Cool, you have zoom (or other similar software) for that. So no, its not an excuse. Especially now that suddenly Ybarra decided to "introduce himself".

Yes it could have been avoided if higher ups actually gave a damn what is happening on lower tiers. This is prime example what happens if people at the top level have attitude "I don't care as long as it brings money" because eventually it will lead to not brining money or straight up loosing it.

Fall is trully spectacular as blizzard is failin on all fronts, PR, marketing, delivery and quality. You know you did something wrong when so much people leave in short time (not just employees, also content creators, players and even executives).
    You talking about different things now? Things not being delivered on time has nothing to do with him? He's not even been boss long enough? And even if he was, he's alone is not responsible for everything? if the team overall fails to deliver, it fails to deliver? Will he get the blame as leader of course but its not a one man show?

Its a decade long tradition and culture? It's now coming crashing down and most of the top level has left or been fired and others are left to clean up the mess?

They seem to be bringing in money though and definitely not losing it? They are still making a profit even with everything going on?

Don't think its that spectacular to be honest, it's been a huge turmoil and of course that will have people leaving, causing chaos and as a result everything suffers?
    It might very well be a hell off a fall but don't think you can say that now, its middle of it. If they don't manage to recover, gets sold off etc. Yeh, it was but i think its bit to early.
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-11-18 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling errors

comparing apples with chicken, well done.
    the "devs" of wow are like 5 dudes, he could have totaly met them.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so the boss hasn't bothered to meet with his employees? this seems too stupid to be true but it is blizzard we're talking about. i'd prefer to see hard proof this is the case but if it is, all my hope for change just went out the window.
    Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Hold your friggin horses champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I have over 3500 employees, they all don't get face to face time. I have work to do so do they and we all don't work the same schedules.
    People have this image that video game companies are still little operations among friends in someone's garage like it's the 1980s. People are acting like Ibarra holes himself up all day doing carries for gold off of one tweet from one dev from one game without any other context, not even getting into the fact that we're still in the middle of a worldwide pandemic where most technology companies are doing extensive work from home.

Honestly, it'd be weirder to find out Blizzard had some big meeting where Ibarra met everyone in today's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The whole thing smacks of airing dirty laundry to fan the flames. Like I said, we'll find out soon enough if that developer still has Blizzard Entertainment in their profile description a week from now.
    And when they inevitably don't, the new clickbait forum post will be "Blizzard RETALIATES against staff member?!?!?" as if blatantly undermining senior leadership in public wouldn't get you fired 100% of the time no matter where you work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her tweets are protected now. Guessing Ybarra took the time to meet up with her and introduce himself.

.. In the Cosby suite, perhaps.
    Hi

You talking about different things now? Things not being delivered on time has nothing to do with him? He's not even been boss long enough? And even if he was, he's alone is not responsible for everything? if the team overall fails to deliver, it fails to deliver? Will he get the blame as leader of course but its not a one man show?

Its a decade long tradition and culture? It's now coming crashing down and most of the top level has left or been fired and others are left to clean up the mess?

They seem to be bringing in money though and definitely not losing it? They are still making a profit even with everything going on?

Don't think its that spectacular to be honest, it's been a huge turmoil and of course that will have people leaving, causing chaos and as a result everything suffers?
    It might very well be a hell off a fall but don't think you can say that now, its middle of it. If they don't manage to recover, gets sold off etc. Yeh, it was but i think its bit to early.
    Nobody is blaming him for not delivering on time. People want him to actually do some leadership stuff, like you know, make sure this time around problems gets solved before they are on twitter. And definitely before they reach the court.

Decade long problems are result of negligence. It's a simple as that. If new "leadership" is going to neglect shit again, guess what? History will repeat itself.

It is spectacular.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nobody is blaming him for not delivering on time. People want him to actually do some leadership stuff, like you know, make sure this time around problems gets solved before they are on twitter. And definitely before they reach the court.

Decade long problems are result of negligence. It's a simple as that. If new "leadership" is going to neglect shit again, guess what? History will repeat itself.

It is spectacular.
    But who are saying he isn't? A dev on twitter? There's been people backing him up too. Now what? And this is ignoring some people just wanna stir shit up for their own agenda or even just dislikes.
    The lawsuit matter is years old and is now coming to courts, he can't do anything about it now? Like i said, they are middle of it?

The old leadership neglected sexual abuse(which ironic enough was producing the quality games we all came to love...), has he done that to your knowledge? He's accused of playing wow on work hours, on twitter mind you... (Which was debunked btw). Not neglected sexual abuse or participated in it himself?

The lawsuit in itself is spectacular still don't agree about some fall. That is still to early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    People have this image that video game companies are still little operations among friends in someone's garage like it's the 1980s. People are acting like Ibarra holes himself up all day doing carries for gold off of one tweet from one dev from one game without any other context, not even getting into the fact that we're still in the middle of a worldwide pandemic where most technology companies are doing extensive work from home.

Honestly, it'd be weirder to find out Blizzard had some big meeting where Ibarra met everyone in today's environment.
    And if he did, i'm sure people would complain that he's not playing the game or not working on the game enough.
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-11-18 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    You would think she would quit? Bit weird staying around in a company like blizzard with how it is right now and hating it as such... Some people are weird.
    She knows Blizzard is the best opportunity she will get, especially when she’s on social media making her opinions known to the world. No sane company would keep her around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Her tweets are protected now. Guessing Ybarra took the time to meet up with her and introduce himself.

.. In the Cosby suite, perhaps.
    She probably has an MMO-C account, and saw this thread. It’s a bit strange that she would all the sudden hide her tweets.

10+ Year Old Account
    The defense of that tweet going on here is hilarious.

Go on, ignore the context in which the person made the tweet in, hoping that jumping on to the bandwagon would somehow not paint her in the bad light the tweet deserves to be painted in.

And if he did, i'm sure people would complain that he's not playing the game or not working on the game enough.
    Nobody with a working brain gives a fuck if the not-quite-CEO of Blizzard is playing the game, because all the relevant people that make WoW descisons, by his own admission if I might add, are probably still not doing it, since he doesn't work on WoW at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    She probably has an MMO-C account, and saw this thread. It’s a bit strange that she would all the sudden hide her tweets.
    I'm pretty sure everyone that cares about her pointed out that "my opinions are my own" is not a blanket defense against all repercussions. Shitposting your boss on social media is grounds for disciplinary action, that is the long and short of it. I doubt a snowflake like her has an account here and even if she did, it's just fucking common sense to not publicly air dirty laundry.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The whole company is rotten from top to bottom
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So the CEO's at Target or Wal-Maryt are bad bosses because they don't say hi to every single employee all around the country? What asinine logic.
    Thats one way to take it, there is always people who take the hi to literal.

Again if you are one of those people who find an email with welcome enough thats good for you. From my experience an intro is still very good way to get some motivation. You clearly missed the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, their manager, that they actualy know and maybe even worked with previously...
    if boss of boss of boss (dunno how many ladders there is but he is WAY above developers) of your boss came in out of the blue most people wouldnt appreciate it, actualy quite a few of them would get suspicious or outright scared that there is something going on

especialy in such a big company, i work at huge company and i havent met in person anyone above my direct manager, even before covid
    I work at a pretty big organisation as well and I have met several and it helps for me to get some contacts as well.
    So ye.. my experience is 180 from yours.. which is funny.
    See it realy depends, its realy not important for everyone.

Most people on the top have all worked from home while people from the floor had to show up 40 hours a week even when it was unsafe, when their boss showed up, it actually felt like a motivator to them. He didnt even need to be there.
    Also it just realy depends on the person.. if he cares.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-11-18 at 05:08 PM.

Judging by raider.io (his guild is "Denial of Service", I apologise if it's not allowed to be revealed here), he certainly ain't playing as "overly excessive" as many like to imply. Ranges from 7 to 8 PM. Like, one or two dungeons per day. And he still has no full on Mythic+ for Sanctum. Kinda tame.

Can't say that's exactly bad considering his current position.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Thats one way to take it, there is always people who take the hi to literal.

Again if you are one of those people who find an email with welcome enough thats good for you. From my experience an intro is still very good way to get some motivation. You clearly missed the point.

- - - Updated - - -

I work at a pretty big organisation as well and I have met several and it helps for me to get some contacts. So ye.. my experience is 180 from yours.. which is funny.
    See it realy depends, its realy not important for everyone.

Most people on the top have all worked from home while people from the floor had to show up 40 hours a week even when it was unsafe, when their boss showed up, it actually felt like a motivator to them. He didnt even need to be there.
    Also it just realy depends on the person.. if he cares.
    It's a two way street. It isn't just whether the manager cares to meet with their teams; it's also whether the team members want to meet with their managers. There's a lot of arm-chair billion dollar corporation management philosophy in this thread. The reality is that there isn't a 100% best solution in all situations. In this specific situation it seems like Ybarra was in the wrong for a number of reasons which seem endemic to problems with management at ActiBlizzard. But the employee who called him out was also wrong for airing dirty laundry on a public forum.