Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyle89 View Post
    blizz should just honestly SKIP MOP mop was HORRIBLE!!!!
    Brother, are you trying to get shot? You've had some hot takes but this is borderline sacrilege in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

June 25- Mogushan
    August- Heart of Fear
    Ocotber- Terrace
    December- Throne of Thuner
    May- Siege of Orgrimmar
    November- WoD classic.
    I agree with this except for the first tier. I think one month between those first 3 raids not two.

So
    June
    July
    August
    December and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as WoW "eras"

Vanilla - BC - Wotlk: I call this the "WC3 era" because it is a direct continuation of the story.
    Cata - MoP - WoD: I call this the "frontier" where the story expands past the core Warcraft story.
    Legion - BfA: I call this the "WC4 era". It is a direct sequel to the WC3 story.
    SL and DF I consider standalone. New stories unmentioned in traditional WoW.
    TWW + : this will be a whole new era, maybe considered "WC5 era" by my rules.

That's how I'm looking at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    I agree with this except for the first tier. I think one month between those first 3 raids not two.

So
    June
    July
    August
    December and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as WoW "eras"

Vanilla - BC - Wotlk: I call this the "WC3 era" because it is a direct continuation of the story.
    Cata - MoP - WoD: I call this the "frontier" where the story expands past the core Warcraft story.
    Legion - BfA: I call this the "WC4 era". It is a direct sequel to the WC3 story.
    SL and DF I consider standalone. New stories unmentioned in traditional WoW.
    TWW + : this will be a whole new era, maybe considered "WC5 era" by my rules.

That's how I'm looking at this.

Why would they put a month gap between the first 3 raids of a single tier that's just stupid and not how it's been done stop wanting to change "Classic"

Why would they put a month gap between the first 3 raids of a single tier that's just stupid and not how it's been done stop wanting to change "Classic"
    There were gaps between the raid releases during original MOP.....it was weird but they timegated the 3 raids of tier 1...

but again why are we talking about the worst expansion of wow on a cata post?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Whilst I'm kinda interested in Cataclysm looks like they're sprinting to MOP asap. From what I've seen the rest of Classic was 2 Years and this looks to be a Year? Zoom
    i mean there are only 3 raid tiers so making that last 2 years would be a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i mean there are only 3 raid tiers so making that last 2 years would be a mistake
    Looks like cata is the last classic did u guys see theyre re-releasing MOP on retail next patch rofl!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot wait to see who the final boss is!

On a serious note, personally this is where I stop seeing any point in classic. Wrath was already pushing it because that's when content started being removed/revamped (Onyxia's Lair, Naxx), but playing Cata literally means playing an infinitely worse/smaller version of retail with a severe lack of content. A case could be made for extremely specific things that are present in Cata and not retail (tough dungeons, some questlines maybe), but that is absolutely not enough to even try it, at least for me.

People can enjoy what they want and that's fine of course. That's just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

On a serious note, personally this is where I stop seeing any point in classic. Wrath was already pushing it because that's when content started being removed/revamped (Onyxia's Lair, Naxx), but playing Cata literally means playing an infinitely worse/smaller version of retail with a severe lack of content. A case could be made for extremely specific things that are present in Cata and not retail (tough dungeons, some questlines maybe), but that is absolutely not enough to even try it, at least for me.

i agree Wotlk is the final Classic Classis is defined as the old world. cata is current retail world

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like cata is the last classic did u guys see theyre re-releasing MOP on retail next patch rofl!!!!
    i mean i dont really care if its last im lookin forward to playin it with the homies. I liked the raids. Most classes got their most iconic abilities post vanilla in cata.

I personally didnt have anyone to play with in MoP and I was in the military so I didnt really have time to get super into, as a casual i hated MoP at the time so if they dont do classic MoP im fine. If they keep it going I'd happily play through Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

all youre doing here is parroting an objectively wrong opinion the most modern version of wow starts with Legion. Cata plays more like LK/TBC/Vanilla than it does BFA/SL/DF. Cata still feels like an MMORPG and not an pseudo-Action RPG with MMO elements that wow is morphing into with almost constant APM (and im not saying more APM or modern wow is bad i actually love to play both)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    all youre doing here is parroting an objectively wrong opinion the most modern version of wow starts with Legion. Cata plays more like LK/TBC/Vanilla than it does BFA/SL/DF. Cata still feels like an MMORPG and not an pseudo-Action RPG with MMO elements that wow is morphing into with almost constant APM (and im not saying more APM or modern wow is bad i actually love to play both)
    How can an opinion be objectively wrong? As I said, everyone can play what they want; but personally, if I started playing Cata, I would constantly feel like I am wasting my time, because I can find the same content and world building in retail but with added years of achievements.

Also I am not parroting. If you look at my comment history, you will see (eventually, since the topic spans years) that I was consistent in my judgment of Classic all the way from release. I cannot argue about gameplay because of course 10+ years of development mean that stuff change, but even radically different things (like survival being ranged, everyone having two weapon slots etc) are absolutely abysmal to me when compared with the perspective of playing a game that you can fundamentally find in retail.

How can an opinion be objectively wrong? As I said, everyone can play what they want; but personally, if I started playing Cata, I would constantly feel like I am wasting my time, because I can find the same content and world building in retail but with added years of achievements.
    Totally agree. Cata is just a bad version of retail. Even WotLK was stretching it when it comes to keeping the classic feel. WotLK was worth doing cause there we faced one of, if not the most iconic character in wow. I played all versions of classic up until this point, but I wont bother with cata. I'd rather spend time on retail then.

Weird they went for this tbh. I suppose if the MoP timewalking thing on retail is a success, they might drop doing future xpac revamps, but we will see. I suppose its easy money for them to set up these xpacs ever now and again. People do sub and play it.

Lol blizz will buff this just like they did for Smourne and valynr lol dont worry getting a legandry will be like getting candy on Halloween

- - - Updated - - -

blizz should just honestly SKIP MOP mop was HORRIBLE!!!!
    You can't be serious? MOP had some of the best class design to date. It was the Best Disc Priest ever was or has been, (thanks to smart heals) which also made Resto Shammy an absolute Blast to play. Brewmaster Monk was the best it has ever been and was an absolute blast to play. All 3 Pally Specs were amazing. Warlocks with the ability to cast on the move was great. The only class I didn't love was mage but I have always hated them.

Wtf...

Then they're gonna have to accelerate the legendary staff chain.. 3 months is barely enough time to finish it.

They really didn't think this through. Although it should have ended at Wrath. Cata is considered by many to be the games turning point or at least the start of it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Cash grabby? It's literally free. If you don't enjoy it, that's fine. You don't have to play
    How can something be literally free when you have to pay a sub fee in advance to play it?

15 bucks a month isnt free <3

the specific cash grab I refer to is the 29.99 and 79.99 for the *digital deluxe* edition of the game almost everyone already paid for.