Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I am just commenting that, during a PR shitshow, maybe dont release something that will make you look worse?
    eh... i doubt it will change opinion of players, actualy doing something that is "busines as usual" might help them a bit with some of players, and will DEFINITELY help in the eyes of investors as its kinda sending signal that things are getting back to normal (even though they are not)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    This is basically a classic monetary damage control, they know their situation is fucked but they need money so their shareholders remain faithful, because shareholders can say they care about morals, but really its money they care about. However, if shit keeps going down, then so do their shares, thats why bobby's being called to resign.
    It is amazing how they keep doing the classic monetary damage control on a predictable schedule several times per year. Stop making excuses or reasons to hate on it. It is simply a promotion to reward people. Microtransactions are an industry standard and have been part of the game since WotLK (you can include Vanilla if you count CE and TCG loot cards).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yo we just released a patch with few things to do and the only compelling content for a small part of audience isn't until a month later, a new store mount just before that and the offices might just be on fire over here. What should we do now?"
    "Fuck it, release more transmog cash shops items and slap one on another 6 month offer to fool people into thinking it's worth it. Things will definitely settle soon and go back to the norm just before we get them with that 9.2 timegating!"
    "Didn't you say that last time and also for 9.1.5?"
    "Didn't we 'let you go' already?"

All I can say this wasn't a great decision.

I saw this and, sadly, my first was "really Blizzard? You're gonna do this right now!?". It'd be funny if it wasn't sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You say this as if FFXIV wasn't just delayed a month.

Either way, it's just the strange double standard. Either you're fine with in game stores, or you're not. People crusading against them shouldn't be turning blind eyes because of "well, the other part of the game though..."
    Again with ignoring the initial situation. When the Squeenix prick has to send everyone home for a week so they won't lynch him for covering for criminals you may have an argument, the insecure defenders of Blizzard on the other hand immediately had to resort to deflection by going head over heels into what-aboutisms.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about "making it the right thing". It's about pointing out that maybe you shouldn't be so quick to go for someone's throat just because they said it's a business doing business things. Nor should you just assume their beliefs. It's pretty easy to realize that this is just a normal business practice at this point while also strongly advocating worker's rights.
    It's not even close to your confederate flag analogy. Microtransactions have nothing to do with employee's rights.
    okay, wrong words, so I rephrase, but it kind of affects their protest ethically, seeing as what mtx represents being anti consumer, when you are then trying to protest for worker rights... its a weird overlay (at least to me). As I said if you wanna support the people protesting then support unionization. Not store rubbish. But once again I have no issue if you wanna buy store mounts or store transmogs, that's your money, do with it as you wish. As long as you don't act like this is 'doing your part' for the protesters because greedy practices isn't for the benefit of those affected by what's going on at Blizzard. I know I am kind of yelling into a tunnel on MMO champion these days seeing the type of people left here will bounce any whataboutisms to try and defend shitty practices.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-18 at 09:54 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Depends on the Legal action and the Business.
    Doesn't matter. You don't stop conducting business because of legal issues unless you are forced to. Unless you want your employees to be out of a job and not make money to provide for their families which would be really reprehensible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Oof, that timing is impecable.

In before "Yaaaas, I'm not supporting the abusers, I'm buying these in honour of the people that created such items ."
    But that is what we are doing. I guess you would rather those people be unemployed and not able to provide for their families then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ffs, stop acting like your word is law. It's far more likely that this new cash shop item was created AFTER the legal issues came about because they are losing subscribers in droves.
    So you think they created a 6-month promotion reward and a transmog set just because subscriber loss after legal issues? It can't be because they been doing such things for years and that this was always something they were going to do regardless of legal issues or subscriber losses? You honestly want to claim that they wouldn't be doing this if subscriber count was up?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Again with ignoring the initial situation. When the Squeenix prick has to send everyone home for a week so they won't lynch him for covering for criminals you may have an argument, the insecure defenders of Blizzard on the other hand immediately had to resort to deflection by going head over heels into what-aboutisms.
    How can you say "again with ignoring the initial situation" when you're ignoring that there literally was just a month delay of the game you're using as a comparison point...?

I mean what you're describing isn't even what happened, no one was "sent home". And most of the ire Blizzard gets about any addition to the shop isn't even about the Blizzard situation, it's usually about the players. You can look yourself to see statements, comparing in game gear to it, complaints that it isn't obtainable in game.

I'm not here to argue whether or not it should be, but if you think this is truly about the workers...well, I doubt it. That isn't to say a few do obviously care, as Orby has been consistent about it being the workers so I'd believe they do care about the workers, there are some who are just using that as a flag to wave right now and have always had issues with the cash shop. Those are the people that get the question of "why are you fine with other games having it then".

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    okay, wrong words, so I rephrase, but it kind of affects their protest ethically, seeing as what mtx represents being anti consumer, when you are then trying to protest for worker rights... its a weird overlay. As I said if you wanna support the people protesting then support unionization. Not store rubbish. But once again I have no issue if you wanna buy store mounts or store transmogs, that's your money, do with it as you wish. As long as you don't act like this is 'doing your part' for the protesters because greedy practices isn't for the benefit of those affected by what's going on at Blizzard. I know I am kind of yelling into a tunnel on MMO champion these days seeing the type of people left here will bounce any whataboutisms to try and defend shitty practices.
    Anti-consumer isn't anti-worker though. The more the company makes, ideally the more the worker prospers. And while yes that clearly isn't what's happening here exactly, I doubt you'd find many issues with MTX when it comes to the company itself because they want to at least keep their jobs without having to downsize due to less income.

I'm just more confused by your usage of "you" constantly because I can't tell if you're just using it out of habit or directly trying to say me, because I haven't bought really anything from the shop outside of a few odd 50% sales, and mostly for friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you think they created a 6-month promotion reward and a transmog set just because subscriber loss after legal issues? It can't be because they been doing such things for years and that this was always something they were going to do regardless of legal issues or subscriber losses? You honestly want to claim that they wouldn't be doing this if subscriber count was up?
    For whatever value this has, the promotional art for this bundle was found quite a bit back if I recall correctly.

I just don't remember how long ago it was, and I can't find the post again as quick as I would like to. But perhaps the information is useful at least if it can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But that is what we are doing. I guess you would rather those people be unemployed and not able to provide for their families then.
    No, by all means, give Bobby Kotick a boost for his deeds. Just don't pretend you are doing otherwise.

Well that's creepy.

How can you say "again with ignoring the initial situation" when you're ignoring that there literally was just a month delay of the game you're using as a comparison point...?

I mean what you're describing isn't even what happened, no one was "sent home". And most of the ire Blizzard gets about any addition to the shop isn't even about the Blizzard situation, it's usually about the players. You can look yourself to see statements, comparing in game gear to it, complaints that it isn't obtainable in game.

I'm not here to argue whether or not it should be, but if you think this is truly about the workers...well, I doubt it. That isn't to say a few do obviously care, as Orby has been consistent about it being the workers so I'd believe they do care about the workers, there are some who are just using that as a flag to wave right now and have always had issues with the cash shop. Those are the people that get the question of "why are you fine with other games having it then".
    No. I'm making an argument that one company makes really shitty descions during a time when they aren't looking good. That you try to make this about a month long delay because something isn't ready, while the people at Blizzard got time off to wait for things to blow over is also obviously different. If you can't grasp this difference, then you are frankly beyond hope. Also people here flew into whataboutisms right off the bat, before normal comparisons were even made, that pretty much already tells you everything you need to know. It's like the twats that come into rape threads and immediately start about "but suicide among men!!1", they are on the same logical level here.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-18 at 10:07 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    For whatever value this has, the promotional art for this bundle was found quite a bit back if I recall correctly. I just don't remember how long ago it was, and I can't find the post again as quick as I would like to. But perhaps the information is useful at least if it can be found.
    Yeah I couldn't find reference to win the transmog set was first found. The only thing I saw with a quick search was a datamine for the bundle back in September.

Imagine if there was some in-game questline involving you solving puzzles and uncovering the meaning behind some celestial force. The story concludes with you having discovered clues leading into the next expansion and the rewards along the way with the celestial transmog.

Instead we get monetisation. That pretty much tells you all you need to know about this piece of shit company

10+ Year Old Account

Anti-consumer isn't anti-worker though. The more the company makes, ideally the more the worker prospers. And while yes that clearly isn't what's happening here exactly, I doubt you'd find many issues with MTX when it comes to the company itself because they want to at least keep their jobs without having to downsize due to less income
    Lets not try and pretend Blizzard is a place of good job security. You think their store mounts profits will matter once they next report of record revenue comes around and they have to lay off hundreds of more people? The store mounts don't help support no one in the long run. come on. Oh actually it does help someone, the ones at the top who are trying to defend Bobby Kotick, at least they are secured.

I'm just more confused by your usage of "you" constantly because I can't tell if you're just using it out of habit or directly trying to say me, because I haven't bought really anything from the shop outside of a few odd 50% sales, and mostly for friends.
    the 'you' is just more used in general, sorry if I sounded to pointy with that. Wasn't at you specifically
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-18 at 10:16 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    PITCHFORKS! TORCHES! Get your Riot Gear here folks! Cheapest in town, guaranteed to last at least 2 seconds after purchase or your money back!
    Lol you showed them. Nothing is worth protesting cause some mmo-champ megamind wrote the word PITCHFORKS.

Kid's gonna rage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Imagine if there was some in-game questline involving you solving puzzles and uncovering the meaning behind some celestial force. The story concludes with you having discovered clues leading into the next expansion and the rewards along the way with the celestial transmog. Instead we get monetisation. That pretty much tells you all you need to know about this piece of shit company
    So there can't be both? Like when they had a quest for the Shadowlands CE transmog, or are we forgetting about that just to dislike for the sake of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    No. I'm making an argument that one company makes really shitty descions during a time when they aren't looking good. That you try to make this about a month long delay because something isn't ready, while the people at Blizzard got time off to wait for things to blow over is also obviously different. If you can't grasp this difference, then you are frankly beyond hope. Also people here flew into whataboutisms right off the bat, before normal comparisons were even made, that pretty much already tells you everything you need to know. It's like the twats that come into rape threads and immediately start about "but suicide among men!!1", they are on the same logical level here.
    You're going really far off the point, and that you have to resort to mocking rather than actual discussion speaks volumes.

And if you think employees at Blizzard got time off to "wait it out", then you've missed the point of why they got the time off and were actually encouraged to do the protests.