10+ Year Old Account
    If you can link a soldier to looting (we find the washing machine in there house)
    Then ya, make them return it and pay a penalty on top of it
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm not talking about individual soldiers doing that, I was talking of the whole of Russia.
    Yeah but Russia will not "fully surrender" unless you plan on invading actual Russian territory to force one.
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    If you can link a soldier to looting (we find the washing machine in there house)
    Then ya, make them return it and pay a penalty on top of it
    I'd be more curious how an average grunt (who seemingly cannot even afford a washing machine) has enough connections to get a washing machine onto some truck and delivered to their house.

Disregarding that it would require to search their house in Russia to verify whether they actually own it, which requires them or the russian goverment to agree to it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-11-13 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why shouldn't we be glad one there's less rapists, murderers, genocidal killers, and kidnappers around? I'm sorry, but I won't feel bad when one of them die, they had a chance to not do terrible things, but instead they decided to follow orders and many innocents have died. They chose to do those things and I'm okay being somewhat glad that they are gone.
    This is one of the few times I actually agree with Specialka. There is a difference between being glad there are fewer murderers, don't feeling bad about genocidal killers being killed on one hand and cheering on the killing of them. English isn't my native language either, but this is what Specialka wanted to convey with his usual numbnut condescending oneliners you would have to wade through to get to the one time he explained it in a halfway clear manner about 20 pages back.
    Last edited by Twdft; 2022-11-13 at 02:39 PM.

After the victory in Kherson we need a new massive aid package for Ukraine. This is the time to totally crush any remaining hope Russia has of holding a single inch of Ukrainian territory. We need to show them the commitment of the west and how ridiculously outgunned and outclassed they are. This is the best way to save lives. I'd absolutely love to see another 40 billion military aid package going to Ukraine to absolutely shit all over what remains of Russia's army of peasants. With the midterm elections all but wrapped up now is the perfect time to set it in motion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This is one of the few times I actually agree with Specialka. There is a difference between being glad there are fewer murderers, don't feeling bad about genocidal killers being killed on one hand and cheering on the killing of them. English isn't my native language either, but this is what Specialka wanted to convey with his usual numbnut condescending oneliners you would have to wade through to get to the one time he explained it in a halfway clear manner about 20 pages back.
    I too will agree with the sentiment, though to be honest - there is a place and a time for everything - if you are in a subway 41 in london while being blitzed by the germans its maybe not the perfect place to remind someone that not all jerrys are evil. Especially if you give the aforementioned oneliners and show a bit of a victim complex.

Well, seems the russians are pushing for the dnepr in the north...

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    After the victory in Kherson we need a new massive aid package for Ukraine. This is the time to totally crush any remaining hope Russia has of holding a single inch of Ukrainian territory. We need to show them the commitment of the west and how ridiculously outgunned and outclassed they are. This is the best way to save lives. I'd absolutely love to see another 40 billion military aid package going to Ukraine to absolutely shit all over what remains of Russia's army of peasants. With the midterm elections all but wrapped up now is the perfect time to set it in motion.
    You don't want to push Russia into the metaphorical noose, like that. There's a reason we are still cautious with too much aid to Ukraine; that being they are dangerous and unpredictable.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    You don't want to push Russia into the metaphorical noose, like that. There's a reason we are still cautious with too much aid to Ukraine; that being they are dangerous and unpredictable.
    Unpredictable, sure… dangerous? Russia is less dangerous than north korea at the moment…

Sure, could be they have/use some form of nuke. Many analysts now openly doubt they still have working nukes though. The shelf life of nukes is pretty bad, and they require A LOT of maintenance. Somehow that doesn’t seem like Russias strong suite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Unpredictable, sure… dangerous? Russia is less dangerous than north korea at the moment…

Sure, could be they have/use some form of nuke. Many analysts now openly doubt they still have working nukes though. The shelf life of nukes is pretty bad, and they require A LOT of maintenance. Somehow that doesn’t seem like Russias strong suite.
    A lot of maintenance for a lot of money on extremely valuable components, I don't want to test it, but, given the systemic corruption prevalent in russia, I would be surprised if not half the components have been sold and the other half not maintained.

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody wants a situation where that theory gets tested for how valid it is, but regardless I don't think Russia is about to resort to nukes so long as the war remains within the borders of pre 2014 at large.

Russian nuclear doctrine centres more on maintaining the integrity of the state apparatus, and not so much directly about territory in what in practise is peripheral regions in importance.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Nobody wants a situation where that theory gets tested for how valid it is, but regardless I don't think Russia is about to resort to nukes so long as the war remains within the borders of pre 2014 at large.

Russian nuclear doctrine centres more on maintaining the integrity of the state apparatus, and not so much directly about territory in what in practise is peripheral regions in importance.
    We could argue all day about what Russias doctrine is, but I would argue Russias doctrine at this point is irrelevent, it’s all upto Putin on wether or not he’d give the order and I doubt he would feel restrained by doctrine or tradition.

While I agree that it would be better for my theory not to be testes, per murphys law, someday it will be. My bet is that when Russia disintegrates (when, not if) we’ll find out the new states don’t have any workable nuclear weapons to divvy up.

And that makes sense. Because of three facts.

1) maintenance of nuclear weapons is bloody expensive
    2) russia is the poster boy for corruption
    3) should the corruption ever be found out, it would have been the end of the world anyway

they are very dangerous though, in their capacity for limitless evil and cruelty that doesn't even concern nukes. The fact they casually rape, torture, and murder civilians and children in the most heinous ways imaginable makes them fit the definition of dangerous
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I'm concerned that Sweden isn't giving more weapons and aid. I thought my country would be more active in this, but we're being outrun by pretty much everyone else - even countries with no military industry (something we very much have).

Anyone have any insights or theories?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I'm concerned that Sweden isn't giving more weapons and aid. I thought my country would be more active in this, but we're being outrun by pretty much everyone else - even countries with no military industry (something we very much have).

Anyone have any insights or theories?
    Don't you guys train Ukrainian soldiers in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Ehh… sweden is not the uk o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh… sweden is not the uk o.o
    It is taking part in training ukrainians in the UK, Sweden sent instructors there.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...gsinstruktoren

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It is taking part in training ukrainians in the UK, Sweden sent instructors there.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...gsinstruktoren
    Thanks for that, I had thought that my answer wouldn't be misread, but there you go.

So yes, @Veggie50, Sweden is training Ukrainians soldiers in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Sure, but that's not military hardware. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Sure, but that's not military hardware. :P
    Don't discount proper training.

ukraine has just ruled out any possible talks for a ceasefire after kherson

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    ukraine has just ruled out any possible talks for a ceasefire after kherson
    Good for them.