1. #26921
    I give you a point, Yuppie, for actually linking the thing you quote!

    However, what comes to your doomsday all-out assault:

    https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-december-15

    Russia may be setting conditions to conduct a new offensive against Ukraine— possibly against Kyiv—in winter 2023. Such an attack is extraordinarily unlikely to succeed. A Russian attack from Belarus is not imminent at this time.
    YUPPIE thinking 200k+ orcs with no supplies or proper equipment can simply reach Kyiv and storm it no problem

    VS

    a think tank researching military-based subjects

    I have no concerns for Kyiv and Ukraine. No need to worry any defenses would be breached, nazi Russia after all is eager to spend all its support fire on civilian targets.

  2. #26922
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I had a great laugh when that tv guy went: ''one missile on the dutch dykes and its bye bye country'' .. True, but it will take longer then he thinks and he needs a stormy day for it to be super effective.
    For anyone who wants to know more about that, this happened recently.

    https://twitter.com/gerashchenko_en/...46290761424897

    Russian propagandists are starting to ponder being sent to the Hague.

  3. #26923
    Russia has launched 100+ missiles at Ukraine overnight, not sure what's going on right now. It's absolute chaos.

    EDIT: 76.

    https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...33190602006534
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  4. #26924
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Russia has launched 100+ missiles at Ukraine overnight, not sure what's going on right now. It's absolute chaos.

    EDIT: 76.

    https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...33190602006534
    They've been doing that every now and then for months and most of them get intercepted. Stop the alarmist bullshit.

  5. #26925
    Update and full story:

    On December 16, Russians launched 76 missiles at Ukraine, including 72 cruise missiles. Ukraine’s air defence forces downed 60 of them.

    Source: Valerii Zaluzhnyi, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, on Telegram; Armed Forces of Ukraine, on Telegram

    Quote: "According to preliminary reports, the enemy launched 76 missiles at Ukraine’s critical infrastructure targets, among them 72 are cruise missiles (Kh-101, Kalibr, Kh-22) and 4 guided air-launched missiles (Kh-59/Kh-31P), from the water area of the Caspian and Black seas."

    Details: According to the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, 60 Russian missiles were shot down by the anti-aircraft missile forces of the Ukrainian Air Force and the air defence of the Ground Forces.

    "The missile terror and the enemy's daring attempts to break through Kyiv's anti-aircraft defences will not force us to lay down our arms," Zaluzhnyi emphasised.

    The Air Force said that the specific feature of this attack was that the Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles were launched not only from above the Caspian Sea and Saratov Oblast, but also over the Engels airbase that hosts the Tu-95MS strategic bombers, which carry the missiles.

    Apart from that, the invaders launched sea-based cruise missiles from the Admiral Makarov cruiser, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea Fleet.

    Several Kh-22 cruise missiles were launched from Tu-22M3, the long-range bombers, over the Sea of Azov; four Kh-59 and Kh-31P, the air-launched missiles, were fired from Russian tactical aviation, presumably Su-35 fighter jets.

    During the large-scale attack, an Il-76 A-50U, a Russian AWACS jet, hovered in the skies over Belarus; a MiG-31K interceptor capable of carrying a Kinzhal hypersonic missile patrolled the skies, too.

    During the attack, Athe occupiers also opened fire from S-300 surface-to-air missile systems; about 27 launches were observed.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  6. #26926
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    It's hard to believe Putin doesn't realise that another go at Kiev from the north is sheer insanity, especially AGAIN in february. If any army gets stuck on the same road as this year, it would be an absolute, onesided bloodbath.

    My guess is that troop buildup in Belarus has another purpose than attack Kiev. For one, since Ukraine probably doesn't want to attack troop buildups there, the troops can train relativally safe. For two, while a repeat of february-april this year is pretty unlikely, Ukraine cannot afford to take chances on that. So a significant Russian presence north of Kiev will tie down more Ukraine defenses that otherwise could be used in the south and east.

    Those Russian troops in Belarus are probably more useful to Putin if they don't attack, stay alive and just hang about, especially if they now are basically untrained, badly equipped and close to useless in the east and south.

    Now, that is what I think would be the sane thing to do. But it's not like starting this war was that sane to begin with.
    Perhaps Vladdy has hopes that once his "Donor Recipients" are in control of the House of Representatives, Ukraine assistance will grind to a fucking halt. This would severely limit the resources Ukraine has and make it easier to drown them in bodies when they aren't getting rearmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  7. #26927
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I have no concerns for Kyiv and Ukraine. No need to worry any defenses would be breached, nazi Russia after all is eager to spend all its support fire on civilian targets.
    Well, I have some concerns for Kyiv and Ukraine, not major - but still so large that we should increase the supplies to reduce the risk (like longer-range missiles and air defense).

    As for the Russian in Belarus the obvious explanation is that they are getting some training - as the ones that would normally train them is in Ukraine, while tying up some forces.

  8. #26928
    People are still missing the point with Russias messaging…

    Russi declared that patriot missile installations would be considered legitimate military targets.

    That’s clear confirmation that Russia garantees the safety of such installations. They don’t hit legitimate targets.

    Read between the lines sheeple!

  9. #26929
    Today: Russian President Vladimir Putin held a phone call with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the situation in Ukraine and ties between Moscow and New Delhi.

    Putin and Modi "expressed satisfaction" with the high level of bilateral cooperation developing based on "a particularly privileged Russian-Indian strategic partnership," the Kremlin said in a statement.

    "The leaders discussed in detail the prospects for practical cooperation in such areas as mutual investment, energy, agriculture, transport, and logistics," it added.

    They also pointed out the importance of continuing close coordination within international organizations, including taking into account India's chairmanship in the Group of 20 and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the statement said.

    "At the request of Narendra Modi, Vladimir Putin gave principled assessments in the context of Russia's line on the Ukrainian direction," it added.

    Putin and Modi also agreed to continue personal contacts.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  10. #26930
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Today: Russian President Vladimir Putin held a phone call with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the situation in Ukraine and ties between Moscow and New Delhi.

    Putin and Modi "expressed satisfaction" with the high level of bilateral cooperation developing based on "a particularly privileged Russian-Indian strategic partnership," the Kremlin said in a statement.

    "The leaders discussed in detail the prospects for practical cooperation in such areas as mutual investment, energy, agriculture, transport, and logistics," it added.

    They also pointed out the importance of continuing close coordination within international organizations, including taking into account India's chairmanship in the Group of 20 and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the statement said.

    "At the request of Narendra Modi, Vladimir Putin gave principled assessments in the context of Russia's line on the Ukrainian direction," it added.

    Putin and Modi also agreed to continue personal contacts.
    To put it into context: "The telephonic conversation came days after it emerged that PM Modi will not be travelling to Moscow for the annual India-Russia summit this year."

    Telephonic?

  11. #26931
    backtracking a bit to what happened last night:

    it appears the Russian missile attack was to destroy Ukraine's energy infastructure. To quote: Russia's hoping they can entirely deprive the Ukrainians of electricity, food, and clean water for a victory in the long-run. They gravely warned the US over its intentions to complicate this strategy with increasingly more advanced weapons system, subtly implying an attack on US soil itself in retaliation. This comes at the heels of threatening NATO nations as legitimate military targets.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  12. #26932
    You still just don't get it.

    As the Ukrainians have been saying;
    In a Telegram post addressed to Russia, Zelenskyy asked: “Do you still think that we are ‘one nation?’ Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?”

    “You really did not understand anything? Don’t understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?,” said the post, which published Sunday.

    “Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you,” Zelenskyy wrote.

    “Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your ‘friendship and brotherhood,’” he added. “But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you!”
    - - - Updated - - -

    New video has popped up from the Bakhmut front, where once more the Wanker SS has been driven back, of muscovite trenchlines being hit by precision airburst artillery shells. The aftermath is a LOT of bodies. WW1 style trenches like the muscovites are using are useless against modern tech. Just like zerg rushes are useless against modern tech.

  13. #26933
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    You still just don't get it.

    As the Ukrainians have been saying;

    - - - Updated - - -

    New video has popped up from the Bakhmut front, where once more the Wanker SS has been driven back, of muscovite trenchlines being hit by precision airburst artillery shells. The aftermath is a LOT of bodies. WW1 style trenches like the muscovites are using are useless against modern tech. Just like zerg rushes are useless against modern tech.
    What we've seen of a lot of the trenches built by the ruzzkies in this war aren't even that.

    Not deep enough, and often not built in a zig-zaging fashion either to mitigate against shock-waves inside the trench from direct hits.

  14. #26934
    The Lightbringer Iphie's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suomi/Nederland
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    backtracking a bit to what happened last night:

    it appears the Russian missile attack was to destroy Ukraine's energy infastructure. To quote: Russia's hoping they can entirely deprive the Ukrainians of electricity, food, and clean water for a victory in the long-run. They gravely warned the US over its intentions to complicate this strategy with increasingly more advanced weapons system, subtly implying an attack on US soil itself in retaliation. This comes at the heels of threatening NATO nations as legitimate military targets.
    Dude, really, russia isn't going to strike US soil, not unless they want to see ALL their armed forces go up in flames a few minutes later. As for the intent to destroy Ukraine's infrastructure, that's known, and the Ukrainians don't care.

  15. #26935
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,182
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    What we've seen of a lot of the trenches built by the ruzzkies in this war aren't even that.

    Not deep enough, and often not built in a zig-zaging fashion either to mitigate against shock-waves inside the trench from direct hits.
    To be fair, each wave of fodder is in charge of digging the trench a little bit deeper, a little further, a little more. And they succeed before coming down with the explodies. The next wave may/may not have better people capable of digging, so you get varying quality with each wave, giving shoddily constructed trenches full of people parts who came down with the explodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  16. #26936
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Dude, really, russia isn't going to strike US soil, not unless they want to see ALL their armed forces go up in flames a few minutes later. As for the intent to destroy Ukraine's infrastructure, that's known, and the Ukrainians don't care.
    1. To quote Joe Biden: Russia must lose, but they must not lose *too hard*; (my words): this is lest they become unpredictable.

    2. I'm sure the news yesterday correlate to these attacks. Russia is trying to attack Ukraine infastructure and meal lines so their 200k zerg rush (aforementioned) goes a little better than it sounds on paper when it's January/Feb.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  17. #26937
    Over 9000! zealo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    To be fair, each wave of fodder is in charge of digging the trench a little bit deeper, a little further, a little more. And they succeed before coming down with the explodies. The next wave may/may not have better people capable of digging, so you get varying quality with each wave, giving shoddily constructed trenches full of people parts who came down with the explodies.
    It's almost like the Russian plan is to have their fellow platoon mates absorb the blast with their bodies to keep them safe, the mistakes they're making displays a profound ignorance of things even the armies of WW1 knew they needed to protect their people against indirect fire with.

  18. #26938
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,812
    We're almost there, it's almost going to say it. Come on YUPPIE, you can do it.

  19. #26939
    I mean, I hope you people understand as awful as it sounds considering how much people want him dead: Vladimir Putin is regularly offered to surrender with his life by the day; there is nothing saying the war has to end with him surrendering himself to the Hague or anything with his imprisonment/execution.

    Even now, Joe Biden is still saying Putin can just quit alive.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Interesting development: Wagner head claims France attempted an assassination on a Russian official in Africa

    The head of a Russian private militia accused France of attempting to assassinate the head of a Russian representative office in the Central African Republic, who was seriously injured on Friday after opening a mail bomb.

    Dmitry Syty, head of the "Russian House," was taken to a hospital in the capital Bangui and by late afternoon his condition was serious, but stable, the Russian Embassy said, according to the Russian RIA Novosti news agency.

    https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-725079
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

  20. #26940
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    backtracking a bit to what happened last night:

    it appears the Russian missile attack was to destroy Ukraine's energy infastructure. To quote: Russia's hoping they can entirely deprive the Ukrainians of electricity, food, and clean water for a victory in the long-run. They gravely warned the US over its intentions to complicate this strategy with increasingly more advanced weapons system, subtly implying an attack on US soil itself in retaliation. This comes at the heels of threatening NATO nations as legitimate military targets.
    Do it and see what happens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •