10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Yet another oil oligarch mysteriously dies in Russia.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...616004096?s=20
    They'll evolve wings or subdermal impact padding one of these days, don't worry.

Every time an oligarch/general/ruZZki official drops dead, I made it my task to honor the occasion by playing:

Seems like I'm playing it all the time. That's how often they keep dropping dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Welp, whatever we think of China's peace plan is irrelevant, Ukraine sees some merit in the plan.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ith-sick-putin

https://www.reuters.com/world/china-...ol-2023-02-24/

Mind they are cautious, but not completely dismissive.
    China has long been adamant that you cannot just go and dismember a country. It has happened to them and is still a painful memory.

So the latest inanity being pushed by the pro-russian tankies is that there is no actual war, no videos, no footage. Everything is being faked.

*facepalm*

So the latest inanity being pushed by the pro-russian tankies is that there is no actual war, no videos, no footage. Everything is being faked.

*facepalm*
    My sweet summer child...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    China has long been adamant that you cannot just go and dismember a country. It has happened to them and is still a painful memory.
    If that is the case, they do not signal it very well. Not now, not with Crimea in 2014 and not with Georgia in 2008.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

*facepalm*
    It is fascinating how the tankies support what is now a fascist far-right country.
    Or didn't they get the memo that the soviet union fell?

I am constantly amazed that these people are not fleeing and taking more precautions and security to protect themselves.

Surely they can't all think that this won't happen to them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It is fascinating how the tankies support what is now a fascist far-right country.
    Or didn't they get the memo that the soviet union fell?
    They don't care. Their answer to everything is that the US is wrong and evil and the therefore the other side is right. Everything is the fault of the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I am constantly amazed that these people are not fleeing and taking more precautions and security to protect themselves.

Surely they can't all think that this won't happen to them.
    I never thought leopards would eat MY face

Yes, yes they can, some support putin, some think as long as they keep their heads down they'll be missed and some don't think they are noticed. Others don't care and flout the party line because they think they can't be touched, Shoigu's son-in-law, for example, is starting to be more critical of the war.

*facepalm*
    Wag the Dog. Good movie.

Taiwan would declare themselves an independent country and drop claims on the mainland in a heartbeat, except for one thing - China has stated they will start a war if that happens. Even just dropping claims is enough for it.
    China has already started the war with Taiwan. They just haven't started the invasion yet because they would get their ass handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I never thought leopards would eat MY face

Yes, yes they can, some support putin, some think as long as they keep their heads down they'll be missed and some don't think they are noticed. Others don't care and flout the party line because they think they can't be touched, Shoigu's son-in-law, for example, is starting to be more critical of the war.
    Shoigu's son-in-law has been vocally anti-war since the beginning, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Shoigu's son-in-law has been vocally anti-war since the beginning, actually.
    Ah, wel it was the first time I heard of it. Hope you are doing well and keeping away from the frontline.

Can you provide us with a bit of an insight of the mood in russia?

5+ Year Old Account
    Russian unit complains of receiving "criminal orders" and being sent into battle "to be slaughtered"

From CNN's Hannah Ritchie, Tim Lister, Josh Pennington and Maria Kostenko
    https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-...a368f20cd3cf1c

“We ask for help in dealing with the unlawful and criminal orders of our command … the soldiers of the territorial defense were made into assault units in a single day and were sent to assault the Avdiivka stronghold — without any support from artillery, communications, sappers, reconnaissance — to be slaughtered.”
    “DPR commanders are firing machine guns and infantry fighting vehicles at our mobilized soldiers because (they) refuse to join the assault units. There is no point in appealing to the local military prosecutor's office since they are in full collusion with the commanders … At this point, this battalion has been almost completely destroyed,” the hooded soldier continued.

Why is it that despite such obvious contempt and disregard for their lives these poor fools refuse to kill the ones treating them so callously?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

Why is it that despite such obvious contempt and disregard for their lives these poor fools refuse to kill the ones treating them so callously?
    First these poor souls would need the brains to figure out that disregard for the lives of their own soldiers is standard practise in the ruZZki military, and not an accident or a rogue commander doing whatever.

10+ Year Old Account

Avdiivka is in Donetsk, a region Russia formally considers to be Russia now.

They really ought to have expected that they would be told to do that with "territorial defense" units after that.

10+ Year Old Account

*facepalm*
    From how hard Russia tries to project strength, I guess that's to be expected. They are coping with being weaklings.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Because Stalin created the perfect slave with his eugenics program.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    First these poor souls would need the brains to figure out that disregard for the lives of their own soldiers is standard practise in the ruZZki military, and not an accident or a rogue commander doing whatever.
    Oh, on the contrary, I really think that they consider it "normal". I don't think they can comprehend that a military could function in any other way. So they just accept it.