https://www.politico.eu/article/ron-...ce-in-ukraine/

I apologize that our idiot Republican politicians, at least some of them, keep stanning for Russia because they're deeply stupid and incapable of empathy. Meatball Ron should probably go back to his state to address the flooding there rather than comment on foreign policy while on the other half of the bloody world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.eu/article/ron-...ce-in-ukraine/

I apologize that our idiot Republican politicians, at least some of them, keep stanning for Russia because they're deeply stupid and incapable of empathy. Meatball Ron should probably go back to his state to address the flooding there rather than comment on foreign policy while on the other half of the bloody world.
    I mean stop fighting? Yeah sure, as soon as the ruskies are kicked out or are voluntarily moving out.

Seems Erdogan is not feeling well.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1651281509762973732

https://twitter.com/301military/stat...36781285855232
    Last edited by Iphie; 2023-04-26 at 08:43 PM.

so the intel leaker was planning a mass shooting as well, nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely...got a source? Only thing I can find is an unknown newspage.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Lovely...got a source? Only thing I can find is an unknown newspage.
    https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/sta...90777015500800

7+ Year Old Account
    So satellite image shows that ruskies abandoned their northern Crimean base becasue they are expecting a counteroffensive there. You would think place is symbolic enough for Putler to try to hold it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So satellite image shows that ruskies abandoned their northern Crimean base becasue they are expecting a counteroffensive there. You would think place is symbolic enough for Putler to try to hold it.
    That is weird, yes, because if Crimea falls putin falls.

That is weird, yes, because if Crimea falls putin falls.
    Perhaps the yes-men realized finally that if Putin falls, they live?

Can always blame whatever military commanders Putin decided to highlight to shift blame on, and for the common under-their-rank orcs, living another day is preferable over holding an important region of the enemy which will get fanatically focused in due time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The handful of Russian commanders left likely know that they'd be trapped in Crimea between a cock and the hard Ukrainian military if there's a counteroffensive. The bridge at Kerch was already hit once, and Russia has only lost more defensive capabilities since then. I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more of Russia's military peace out of Crimea before they become completely trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The handful of Russian commanders left likely know that they'd be trapped in Crimea between a cock and the hard Ukrainian military if there's a counteroffensive. The bridge at Kerch was already hit once, and Russia has only lost more defensive capabilities since then. I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more of Russia's military peace out of Crimea before they become completely trapped.
    no chance have you seen the defensive positions they have prepared?

its going to be extremely costly for the ukrainians to take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

It'll at the very least be time consuming for Ukraine and I don't see them being able to blitz in since the land bridge to crimea is pretty thin.
    But with western long range artillery and cutting off the Kerch bridge Ukraine wouldn't really need to just throw waves of bodies at Crimea. That thin piece of land works both ways and Russia wouldn't be able to push north from Crimea if they were trapped there. Russia already has to ship in fresh water to it since Ukraine dammed up the river, if they couldn't stop Ukraine from sinking their flagship in the black sea, how do they plan to supply their troops there if the bridge were to suffer an unexpected rapid disassembly?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Belize, currently Crimea should still receive water from the canal as that is still under russian control, it's on the occupied side of Kherson

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It'll at the very least be time consuming for Ukraine and I don't see them being able to blitz in since the land bridge to crimea is pretty thin.
    But with western long range artillery and cutting off the Kerch bridge Ukraine wouldn't really need to just throw waves of bodies at Crimea. That thin piece of land works both ways and Russia wouldn't be able to push north from Crimea if they were trapped there. Russia already has to ship in fresh water to it since Ukraine dammed up the river, if they couldn't stop Ukraine from sinking their flagship in the black sea, how do they plan to supply their troops there if the bridge were to suffer an unexpected rapid disassembly?
    the next counter offensive is probably from Zaporizhzhia to Melitopol. If Ukraine does take that and Russia can do fuck all about it Crimea will bleed out eventually. Taking Melitopol is the power move. You can threaten the bridge and contest the sea of azov. Medvedivka is the base in question i think but im not really sure how much of a big deal it is.

Putin fired a bunch of people today obviously his visit to the front might have given him some actual contact with commanders there telling him what the real situation is.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Belize, currently Crimea should still receive water from the canal as that is still under russian control, it's on the occupied side of Kherson
    Oh right, Russia blew up the dam at the onset of the war, I had forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

There is no need for a costly attack on Crimea when Ukraine can just recapture the land connection, destroy the bridge to Russia and wait them out. An army can't live without supplies, Ukraine can just starve them out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is no need for a costly attack on Crimea when Ukraine can just recapture the land connection, destroy the bridge to Russia and wait them out. An army can't live without supplies, Ukraine can just starve them out.
    They'll have to outlast their sockpile of supplies.

Don't you mean stockpile of supplies?

Wait, that's a typo, my bad. Sock supply. Singular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They'll have to outlast their sockpile of supplies.

Don't you mean stockpile of supplies?

Wait, that's a typo, my bad. Sock supply. Singular.
    What if their supplies are only socks in a pile?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What if their supplies are only socks in a pile?
    They grand total of russian supplies are....a sock.
    And it's made in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

From what I've seen, most people seem to think the implication of the base being emptied was not so much russia abandoning Crimea as they are emptying everything trying to find men and gear to send to the frontline. There are reports partisan activity in the occupied regions is picking up because they are running out of men to control the occupied territories because everyone is being sent to the frontline.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem with this plan is that the civilians can't live without supplies either, and the army will take what they need from the people long before they starve out themselves.