Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    So, do you guys think that russia will keep lobbing missile volleys after they are pushed out of Ukraine?

Since their whole goal was to make Ukraine unlivable and basically delete it as a functioning entity. "No one" will want to invest in Ukraine with such uncertainty. Maybe an iron dome would solve it though. But it's not a real solution.

The ones who have the power to stop this is the russian people but they are either too cowardly or completely lacking empathy. In fact, many seem to get off of the idea of harming civilians.
    probably not, if russia loses all of the territory it has in Ukraine its domestic situation will be absolutely insane. A dead economy and hardened men never leads anywhere good. Not to mention the wagner peados set loose. A nation of cripples and whores that the police state will not be able to contain and some chechens who will be looking at Kadyrov and sharpening their knives.

So, do you guys think that russia will keep lobbing missile volleys after they are pushed out of Ukraine?

Since their whole goal was to make Ukraine unlivable and basically delete it as a functioning entity. "No one" will want to invest in Ukraine with such uncertainty. Maybe an iron dome would solve it though. But it's not a real solution.

The ones who have the power to stop this is the russian people but they are either too cowardly or completely lacking empathy. In fact, many seem to get off of the idea of harming civilians.
    I think they will yes, unless there is some actual peace accord which seems unlikely all things considered.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    probably not, if russia loses all of the territory it has in Ukraine its domestic situation will be absolutely insane. A dead economy and hardened men never leads anywhere good. Not to mention the wagner peados set loose. A nation of cripples and whores that the police state will not be able to contain and some chechens who will be looking at Kadyrov and sharpening their knives.
    Also losing the War in Ukraine will pretty much cripple Putin's internal power, or at least leave him vulnerable to anyone who wants to oust him (Legitimately or otherwise). At this point the best thing Putin can hope for is that they stall out Ukraine's advances enough to sue for peace, and just take what they have and call it a day, but I doubt Ukraine's going to go for anything short of returning everything back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    That's a lot of cargo 200.

Meanwhile the Finnish news is reporting that negotiations for an American base are proceeding, no nukes though.
    100,000 casualties including 20,000 dead just in Bakhmut since December for the Russians. Only half of those are Wagner so the regular forces are also being depleted. And it's not like they aren't suffering heavily elsewhere, like Vuhledar as well.

So...here's some more absolutely retarded Noam Chomsky takes on Ukraine.

https://www.newstatesman.com/the-wee...tes-determines

Yet Chomsky’s world-view does not leave space for Ukrainian agency. It is the “US and Britain” who have “refused” peace negotiations in Ukraine, Chomsky tells me, in order to further their own national interests, even as the country is being “battered, devastated”. That negotiations with Russia would mean de facto abandoning millions of Ukrainians to the whims of an aggressor that has shown itself capable of extraordinary brutality, such as in Bucha and Izyum, is dismissed. “Ukraine is not a free actor; they’re dependent on what the US determines,” he says, adding that the US is supplying Kyiv with weapons simply to weaken Russia. “For the US, this is a bargain. For a fraction of the colossal military budget, the US is able to severely degrade the military forces of its only real military adversary.”
    According to Chomsky, Russia is acting with restraint and moderation. He compares Russia’s way of fighting with the US’s during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, arguing that large-scale destruction of infrastructure seen in that conflict “hasn’t happened in Ukraine”. He adds: “Undoubtedly Russia could do it, presumably with conventional weapons. [Russia] could make Kyiv as unliveable as Baghdad was, could move in to attacking supply lines in western Ukraine.”
    For instance, Sweden and Finland, which had been officially non-aligned for 210 and 73 years, respectively, both applied to join Nato in May 2022. To most observers, the end of their decades of neutrality might seem at least tangentially related to the invasion of Ukraine three months earlier. However, Chomsky says that both countries seeking to join Nato had “nothing to do with fear of a Russian attack, which has never been even conceived”. Claims that Russia could threaten either country amount to “Western propaganda”, he adds. Instead, Chomsky argues that joining Nato gives the military industries of both Nordic countries “great new market opportunities [and] new access to advanced equipment”.
    I'm disgusted with myself for ever taking this man seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    According to Chomsky, Russia is acting with restraint and moderation.
    I guess that has to be the cope, because otherwise this "the US is orchestrating all this to weaken Russia" narrative would fall on its face. Since...you know...why the hell would the US give a shit about weakening a Russia that can be fended off with a "fraction of its military budget."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I guess that has to be the cope, because otherwise this "the US is orchestrating all this to weaken Russia" narrative would fall on its face. Since...you know...why the hell would the US give a shit about weakening a Russia that can be fended off with a "fraction of its military budget."
    Noam Chomsky is an individual whose position boils down purely to being anti-US rather than having an actual problem with military aggression and authoritarianism etc.

He isn't worth taking seriously beyond laughing at the absurdity of his takes.

Especially coming on the heels of him describing his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein as "none of your business" because "he went to jail and served his time and that means he's exonerated."

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't have any faith in the people. After generations of Stalinism, Russia's entire culture is degraded into who can be more brutal than the other. The only way the Russian people do anything is by force whether inside or out. Doubt any peace treat would matter unless it's backed up by consequence of untenable force.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, Chomsky says that both countries seeking to join Nato had “nothing to do with fear of a Russian attack, which has never been even conceived
    Is he still completely there or has he gone feeble in the brainbox? I mean that's some amazing denial of history.

So...here's some more absolutely retarded Noam Chomsky takes on Ukraine.

https://www.newstatesman.com/the-wee...tes-determines

WTF

We have """resisted""" NATO membership for decades... yet now, just when russia "happened" to invade a neighbor, we also just happened to feel NATO pressure us too much!? WTF

He talks like Swedish leftists (left of most SocDems) btw. They have successfully stunted our growth for decades but are now mad that we are freeing ourselves of the last bit of Soviet nostalgia the culture folks have. Soft academics and culture folk and their theories ignore reality. Everything is America's fault is the core tenet.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2023-05-02 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Is he still completely there or has he gone feeble in the brainbox? I mean that's some amazing denial of history.
    This is the same guy who defended Pol Pot and more recently found out to have been quite close to Epstein even after he was found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    This is the same guy who defended Pol Pot and more recently found out to have been quite close to Epstein even after he was found out.
    Didn't know about the Epstein thing.

Hey, land grab wars, genocide and pedophilia are all A-OK as long it's somehow "America bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    Defending Pol Pot...ok, so he's clearly an idiot. As for Epstein that's just gross. (Even if I'm of the opinion that a mere association cannot be used as a condemnation.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it slander to say that Noam Chomsky was cavorting with underrage girls just because he was having dinner with Jeffrey Epstein and Woody Allen?

But if he was, he would benefit from checking out MANSCAPED where he'd get 20% with promo code MANUFACTURINGCONSENT.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Is it slander to say that Noam Chomsky was cavorting with underrage girls just because he was having dinner with Jeffrey Epstein and Woody Allen?

But if he was, he would benefit from checking out MANSCAPED where he'd get 20% with promo code MANUFACTURINGCONSENT.
    Only if you know it is a false statement. Slander is a crime so intent and knowing whether or not it is true are relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    His denial of the Cambodian and Bosnian genocides were the point everyone should have stopped listening to him, his latest bullshit rounds have just shown everyone else what we already knew.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Dammit you made me spill my drink.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

lmfao get fucked russians. That drone hitting the kremlin letss gooo. The problem with starting a total war is you can lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    His denial of the Cambodian and Bosnian genocides were the point everyone should have stopped listening to him, his latest bullshit rounds have just shown everyone else what we already knew.
    cant remember if he wrote the foreword on a holocaust deniers book or a holocaust denier wrote the foreword on his book. Chomsky loves denying genocides and then saying BUUUTTTT AMERICA
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2023-05-03 at 12:46 PM.