Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Assassinations aren't right, though.
    Have you told Russia this?
    They seem to not have gotten the message considering the many many assassinations of civilian targets they have undertaken.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

they are fine. Its like drone striking Jihadi John. Who fucking cares, one less cunt in the world.

On another note besides debating the moral dilemmas of state-sanctioned assassinations:

Given these assassinations are implicitly referring to the mysterious deaths and explosions in Moscow, didn't Russia say several times any attack within its borders would be seen as "threatening their sovereignty" and they would accordingly go fucking apeshit?

Nothing of that sort has happened despite the time elapsion of some of these presumed assassination targets (mid 2022 - now).
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I'd have a hard time calling propagandists from state sponsored medias "civilians".

They are the literal mouthpieces of a genocidal regime.

Newsflash, Yuppie re-posts the same message over and over every now and then.

Yes, still, like last 10+ times he was baiting people, Russia has no means of pushing any kind of meaningful response, no matter how many russian red lines are crossed. They're still gonna shower civilian, and civilian targets only, with whatever armaments they have left, except...you know

Everyone, once again, knew this each and every time...

They are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Yes, still, like last 10+ times he was baiting people, Russia has no means of pushing any kind of meaningful response, no matter how many russian red lines are crossed. They're still gonna shower civilian, and civilian targets only, with whatever armaments they have left, except...you know
    see here's the thing I don't understand, by now.

If Russia keeps attacking Kyiv (Ukraine's capital) but is bluffing with pushing any meaningful response on these assassinations within their soil, why doesn't Ukraine just attack Moscow directly already?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

If Russia keeps attacking Kyiv (Ukraine's capital) but is bluffing with pushing any meaningful response on these assassinations within their soil, why doesn't Ukraine just attack Moscow directly already?
    ...Because Ukraine is DEFENDING, they have no reason to commit acts of terror on civilians. They are defending their right to exist.

Because it has no strategic value.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because it has no strategic value.
    It doesn't? This is a war. Russia tried to decapitate Ukraine's military leadership by trying to kill Zelenksy. Why can Ukraine not try that on Russia's bureaucracy orchestrating the whole war?

Bashar al-Assad has been on a hitlist for strategic reasons by the West for as long as we can remember for example.

But in today's politics, Zelenksy visiting Saudi Arabia and recently entertaining a Chinese diplomat are shocking because these are supposed to be two tenuous allies of Russia.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2023-05-19 at 03:03 PM.

It doesn't? This is a war. Russia tried to decapitate Ukraine's military leadership by trying to kill Zelenksy. Why can Ukraine not try that on Russia's bureaucracy orchestrating the whole war?

Bashar al-Assad has been on a hitlist for strategic reasons by the West for as long as we can remember for example.
    Because Ukraine is extremely dependent on military assistance and good will from foreign powers like the US.

An attack on Moscow would risk civilian casualties that would weaken it's international support (rightly or wrongly so) so it's not worth the risk to Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Because Ukraine is extremely dependent on military assistance and good will from foreign powers like the US.

An attack on Moscow would risk civilian casualties that would weaken its international support (rightly or wrongly so) so it's not worth the risk to Ukraine.
    There's something not right about Ukraine possibly incidentally hitting civilians to get Putin and his cronies, whereas Russia can torture, target, and kill civilians non-stop deliberately and not really face any repercussions yet besides "sanctions."

Doesn't have to do much with the war, but Russia wants a few episodes of Family Guy banned after showing the country in a way they don't like (whether it be true or not.)

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

There's something not right about Ukraine possibly incidentally hitting civilians to get Putin and his cronies, whereas Russia can torture, target, and kill civilians non-stop deliberately and not really face any repercussions yet besides "sanctions."
    You really try your best today to bait people.

Nothing much, just 200k+ vatniks fucking sent to shadow realm and more to come...Sanctions that make Russia a vassal state to China.

Yah, nothing much

Ya...it's called international politics right/wrong have little to do with it.

Let us not forget all the international aid coming for Ukraine, modern weaponry and all that jazz. Russia winning am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Biden has endorsed a plan to train Ukrainian pilots on how to fly the F-16.

Only a matter of time now before we go from 'NATO partners give their extra F-16s to Ukraine' to 'the US sending new export models directly to Ukraine'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Nothing much, just 200k+ vatniks fucking sent to shadow realm and more to come...Sanctions that make Russia a vassal state to China.
    I don't think anyone cares about the Russian casualties in the war. We care about their economy falling apart as punishment for this war; AKA, their ability to arrogantly sustain this war.

If the sanctions were meaningful, I don't think you would see these Russian vloggers arrogantly boast of living in wealth. They should at least be sweating a little.

I don't think anyone cares about the Russian casualties in the war. We care about their economy falling apart as punishment for this war; AKA, their ability to arrogantly sustain this war.
    Then why the quotation marks for sanctions? They are working, we have evidence out there.

If the sanctions were meaningful, I don't think you would see these Russian vloggers arrogantly boast of living in wealth. They should at least be sweating a little.
    Stop believing propaganda, jesus Christ lol.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2023-05-19 at 03:41 PM.

We've been through sanctions talks at least once every four to five months from what I've seen.

It will honestly never change, so I'll just stop talking about it expecting differently.

I'll never concede I'm in the wrong, though, until we see some civilian revolt in Russia from lack of food or sustainable conditions. That is what I see as sanctions working.