Quote Originally Posted by Strange One View Post
    There's no event they won't try and twist to help their rhetoric. Groups I've seen are calling this a master ploy from Putin so he can withdraw from Ukraine without losing face.
    Without losing face.

Thats a good joke. wtf is this then? There is a literal coup ongoing. A Russian PMC is marching on Moscow within Russia itself to depose him. He is essentially hours away from losing Moscow.
    The only way to appear weaker then this as a Dictator is when the successful coup shows of your dead body on national TV.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Don't spend all your burns so fast, so early

Haven't seen certain regular vatniks around this thread for a while...I wonder?

I hope you have the same fire of joy burning in your breast as I do. This day is historical.
    Can't burn the pyre because of forest fire warning, but I'll settle to seeing Russian government burn this Midsummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It definitely wasn't some master plan by Ukraine.

The only thing Ukraine could assume here is that eventually power struggle and a bid for power could have happened in Russia, which anyone following the events could figure out would eventually happen.

Why now, is probably simply because due to counteroffensive, much of the Russian forces are holed in the frontlines and can't be easily redeployed, leaving the backyard undefended. If Russia would move combat capable units in quantities that can actually stop 20k+ private army 2 days away from the capital, the whole front would collapse and possibly things would get even worse.

What they are trying to do now is to stall and heck they may even execute 1812 plan again, where they would just give Prigozhin empty Moscow with all the leadership temporarily away to win time and get regular army units from all over the Russia in. Of course, such a thing is no joke, they probably hope they will be able to stall Wagner beforehand by blocking off the highways, taking out bridges and bombing the convoy.

IMO, Prigozhin's mistake here is that he had no group in Moscow itself ready to act and pounce on the administrative buildings and Kremlin. But then maybe he did consider it and thought it too risky, as getting exposed early would end him right there.
    There has been talk of the MoD absorbing Wagner for a while. I assume that behind the scenes that we don't get to see this was coming to a head and Wagner figures they had to move now or they would no longer exist. Not because of any specific situation within Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/16...994752/photo/1 many private jets are leaving moscow

the rats scurry away
    While getting out of Moscow ahead of Wagner certainly could be a factor, today is Scarlet Sails in St. Petersburg - the Moscow elite (who are dominatated these days by Putin's old St. Petersburg cronies) would have been heading to St. Petersburg in any case.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Without losing face.

Thats a good joke. wtf is this then? There is a literal coup ongoing. A Russian PMC is marching on Moscow within Russia itself to depose him. He is essentially hours away from losing Moscow.
    The only way to appear weaker then this as a Dictator is when the successful coup shows of your dead body on national TV.
    It's stupid, but I think the logic behind it is "we now face an internal threat, so it's fine to withdraw troops to deal with it".

In reality it's just people who are deep throating Putin so hard they can't reconcile that Putin has fucked up.

So Prigozhin is a mecenary hired to do a job, does it extremely well, then doesn't get supplies from the government. Then he rebels with a fighting force and attacks his former government employers.

Prigozhin is Edwin Van Cleef.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So Prigozhin is a mecenary hired to do a job, does it extremely well, then doesn't get supplies from the government. Then he rebels with a fighting force and attacks his former government employers.

Prigozhin is Edwin Van Cleef.
    9 months and 200+ captures of Bakhmut, to capture Bakhmut. 3 hours of taking Rostov.

Russia is the 2nd best army in Russia.

So we are on the 485th day of Putin's 3 day march into Kyiv, and Wagner has marched from Ukraine into Moscow in a day and half.

Irony as thick as the Iron Curtain.

5+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Kadyrovitsians are already surrendering to Wagner forces.

Can't make this shit up.

if Putin is ousted from Russia, would he be hunted down abroad?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    He'll get shipped off to Hague if he dares to exist Russia. If I was Putin, I'd start looking for a handgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    He'll get shipped off to Hague if he dares to exist Russia. If I was Putin, I'd start looking for a handgun.
    I mean if prigozhin really wants to make a grand gesture and get sanctions lifted then he hands putin over...if he wins which is not a certainty *quite* yet.

Awww poor Putin, didn't go the way you hoped for your idol it seems.

And yes, if he shows his face in any civilized country he will be arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I mean if prigozhin really wants to make a grand gesture and get sanctions lifted then he hands putin over...if he wins which is not a certainty *quite* yet.
    Yeah I doubt we have to worry about it just yet.

I can't imagine any country would be willing to burn themselves on offering refuge to an ousted Putin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine any country would be willing to burn themselves on offering refuge to an ousted Putin.
    Argentina is a popular resort for his ilk...Maybe he can rub elbows with Zorreguieta

Iran, North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Cuba, Syria
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

Thing is, what do they gain by doing it? What can Putin offer more then some money perhaps, but why would they risk alienating the new power in Russia for money

10+ Year Old Account
    At least half of those countries wouldn't want him. NK is probably the only real option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Thing is, what do they gain by doing it? What can Putin offer more then some money perhaps, but why would they risk alienating the new power in Russia for money
    money, classified information on enemy nations, classified information on Russian WMDs, dirt on his usurper.