Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Satellite view of the bridge.
    [IMG]https://i.redd.it/adeifid03kcb1.jpg

It got both lanes which is fantastic because apparently the rail line can only transport civilians still as it is still not fully fixed, so this was a huge success!
    Good work! More of this, please. They need to make sure there's no chance of Russia repairing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Good work! More of this, please. They need to make sure there's no chance of Russia repairing it.
    I don't know if there is any truth in this, but I remember reading somewhere, that this kind of damage is not easy or cheap to repair. That it might be faster and cheaper to just scrap the entire bridge, and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Apparently the two civilian casualties in the bridge bombing happened because they weren't wearing their seat belts and their car crashed into the bridge cover that jumped up on top of the cover next to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The election meddling in our country and --
    Which country is "our" country? You didn't set your location in your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Which country is "our" country? You didn't set your location in your account.
    It is Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Apparently the two civilian casualties in the bridge bombing happened because they weren't wearing their seat belts and their car crashed into the bridge cover that jumped up on top of the cover next to it.
    russian road safety, da?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    It is Greece
    Huh. You'd think he'd be mad at Russia.

The abrupt deterioration in relations between Greece and Russia has intensified after Athens publicly accused Moscow of attempting to bribe state officials and meddle in the country’s internal affairs.

Dispensing with diplomatic niceties, the foreign ministry angrily rebuked Russia for expelling two Greek envoys on Monday, calling the action “arbitrary and vengeful”.

Moscow announced the move weeks after Athens banned four Russian diplomats after accusing them of fomenting opposition to a landmark deal between Greece and Macedonia, opening up the possibility of eventual Nato membership for Skopje.

The abrupt deterioration in relations between Greece and Russia has intensified after Athens publicly accused Moscow of attempting to bribe state officials and meddle in the country’s internal affairs.

Dispensing with diplomatic niceties, the foreign ministry angrily rebuked Russia for expelling two Greek envoys on Monday, calling the action “arbitrary and vengeful”.

Moscow announced the move weeks after Athens banned four Russian diplomats after accusing them of fomenting opposition to a landmark deal between Greece and Macedonia, opening up the possibility of eventual Nato membership for Skopje.

Athens hit back on Friday, saying the reasoning behind the expulsions could not be compared. “The decision by the Russian foreign ministry was not based on evidence, as was that of the Greek side, [which cited] specific evidence of illegal and irregular activity by Russian officials and citizens,” the ministry declared in an unusually long and caustic statement.

“We want to remind our Russian friends that no country in the world would tolerate attempts to a) bribe state officials b) undermine its foreign policy and c) interfere in its internal affairs.”
    I don't know what American election meddling in Greece he's talking about, and I'm not going to excuse it, but it seems like an odd excuse to take Russia's side.

Whatever, I'll go back on topic then.

This is a senseless crime from the point of view of no significance since the Crimean bridge has long not been used for military transport and brutal since innocent civilians have been killed
    -- Putin, who has killed many innocent civilians

Putin has called it a terrorist act, which really shows how desperate he is to retain control of the narrative. Ten years ago, Putin wouldn't have mentioned this, he'd just have had a bunch of people killed. Now, he needs people to agree with him, so he's labeling the attack "terrorism".

"Wasn't it technically terrorism?"

If a soldier of an invading country comes into my house to kill me, and I kill him in self-defense, that's technically using violence to resolve a political situation, but in the same way Velveeta is technically cheese. The label is meaningless in this context. Ukraine is being invaded by an unprovoked aggressor and they're retaliating.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    russian road safety, da?
    Apparently it is an Eastern European thing in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Apparently it is an Eastern European thing in general.
    not terribly uncommon in the states either so I can't really fault them for it

maybe if they had a dash cam livestreaming we'll see them on /r/idiotsincars or something later this week

It's a pretty much everywhere thing. People act like "It won't happen to me." until it does. Easter/Western Europe, Americas, Asia, Africa etc. It's a people are fucking stupid on a level that transcends borders thing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Putin has called it a terrorist act, which really shows how desperate he is to retain control of the narrative. Ten years ago, Putin wouldn't have mentioned this, he'd just have had a bunch of people killed. Now, he needs people to agree with him, so he's labeling the attack "terrorism".

"Wasn't it technically terrorism?"

If a soldier of an invading country comes into my house to kill me, and I kill him in self-defense, that's technically using violence to resolve a political situation, but in the same way Velveeta is technically cheese. The label is meaningless in this context. Ukraine is being invaded by an unprovoked aggressor and they're retaliating.
    I mean, he called the last attack on the bridge Terrorism too, then procceeded to bomb a fucktonn of Ukranian civilian centers in retaliation because irony is dead.

I just remember that very clearly because of someone in these forums being incredibly smug about Russia's deliberate targeting and murdering of civilians. A part of me wonders if they're still around, lurking on these forums. A another part hopes that Russia's continual botch of this military operation is making them miserable because gloating about civilian casualties is a cunt move.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    That and they've been stealing millions of tonns of the stuff anyway they don't get anything out of making their situation worse (or giving someone am excuse to fire on their own grain ships).

Though I think Turkye said they're gonna pick up the slack on the grain deal so we'll see how that goes.
    I wonder if this is actually why they are now scrapping the deal. They wanted it last year to allow them to export the stolen Ukraine grain, and since they probably fucked up farming on their side of the conflict line they don't have tons of stolen Ukrainian grain they need to ship this year. So the deal is of no benefit to them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So far this year three quarters of grain purchased by the UN food relief agency has come from Ukraine. However, it isn't Ukraine's biggest customer - that would be China, and they want the deal to continue.

Methinks pootie may get another dressing down from Xi soon. The last thing China wants, on top of its economic problems, is food problems.

https://twitter.com/DavidSacks/statu...83259944402944

yo, if y'all want some laughs go check out david sacks twitter account

I guess he's twitters unofficial official analyst on the war and is just a bundle of the absolute worst hot-takes a super rich tech bro who thinks they know everything can be.

seriously, with idiots like this I'm not sure russia needs to spend anything on western propaganda efforts rofl

looks like traffic has resumed on the bridge 2 lanes still ok.

russia nixing the grain deal provides a key opening to send some more naval drones out along the lane that will be open.

Not a chance I'd be using the bridge. The whole span got shifted out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Not a chance I'd be using the bridge. The whole span got shifted out of position.
    looks ok just the road fell off again, 2 lanes are open trains running

The 2 lanes supposedly open were shifted out of alignment by the blast. No sane country would use the bridge until repairs were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The 2 lanes supposedly open were shifted out of alignment by the blast. No sane country would use the bridge until repairs were made.
    theyve stuck a ramp on it and people are driving across https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/st...10964429520898

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    theyve stuck a ramp on it and people are driving across https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/st...10964429520898
    "Bridge that's known to be the target of active missile strikes is repaired with ramp as half of it sloughs off into the sea" would not be my chosen route of transportation, personally.

I know the Russian government doesn't have much choice. But civilians? You gotta be nuts.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.