Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The EU is going to open up membership talks with Ukraine (and Moldova).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67722252
    Yey, we need more countries in EU as it is not enough hard already to get a decision and more countries which have different objectives, lower GDP or even straight up at war.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Yey, we need more countries in EU as it is not enough hard already to get a decision and more countries which have different objectives, lower GDP or even straight up at war.
    Ugh, allowing those gross poors in? No thank you, they're gross and icky and might think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ugh, allowing those gross poors in? No thank you, they're gross and icky and might think differently.
    No, they simply have different objectives which lead to decision being harder to be taken, etc... It was already hard to get a consensus at 7 countries, it is extremely hard at 27. Imagine with even more.

No, they simply have different objectives which lead to decision being harder to be taken, etc... It was already hard to get a consensus at 7 countries, it is extremely hard at 27. Imagine with even more.
    We don't really need Hungary in the EU anyway. European Union member which actively sabotages the EU...Putin's friends can ally with him, and pretend something will be different if they need Russia's help like Armenia relied on

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    We don't really need Hungary in the EU anyway. European Union member which actively sabotages the EU...Putin's friends can ally with him, and pretend something will be different if they need Russia's help like Armenia relied on
    Sure, if I was able to kick out country from the EU, Hungary would be the first to go with Poland being a close second.

Sure, if I was able to kick out country from the EU, Hungary would be the first to go with Poland being a close second.
    And I don't blame you for that opinion. Poland getting removed is somewhat sensible given how they do shit there. A pity my wife is polish so I would still have to endure traveling there whether Poland remains in the EU or not

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    A straight up conventional war with the usa is stupid. Putin is obviously going to use the usas own divisions against it and raise a guerrila army inside the usa, either pro-palestinian supporters, jan 6ers or both or more. As putin says, diversity is a weakness and he is exploiting that.
    Seems to me someone said something similar last year. Let us know when it happens...again. Since I seemed to have missed it before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    And I don't blame you for that opinion. Poland getting removed is somewhat sensible given how they do shit there. A pity my wife is polish so I would still have to endure traveling there whether Poland remains in the EU or not
    That polish anti-EU gov just got booted. The new one is back to having normal EU relations. Orban is getting more and more alone.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    A straight up conventional war with the usa is stupid. Putin is obviously going to use the usas own divisions against it and raise a guerrila army inside the usa, either pro-palestinian supporters, jan 6ers or both or more. As putin says, diversity is a weakness and he is exploiting that.
    The types of people Right wing propaganda has cultivated that'd even attempt to start a violent insurrection are also so violently paranoid that they'd turn on each-other for being Feds and go nowhere.

Also miss me with that 'Diversity is weakness' shit, it's only a 'weakness' insomuch that Nationalist dipshits think it is. Just like every other imaginary problem right wingers conjure up so they can be mad about something.

Russia is committing genocide now? I can't find the news story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They've been trying for the last two years...

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    They've been trying for the last two years...
    There has been no trying, they have been for the past 2 years. If we just ignore the killing, they still fall under committing genocide with the relocation of all the children they took.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    There has been no trying, they have been for the past 2 years. If we just ignore the killing, they still fall under committing genocide with the relocation of all the children they took.
    I know, but russia isn't really succeeding in the total genocide. We should not forget that "merely" killing will not constitute a genocide, like a thousand civilian casualties would not make it a genocide, especially if they were accidental. Now what russia is doing definitely is a genocide, there is no doubt about it. (or at the very least an attempted genocide)

The reason I say that is because while killing people of a group is a criterium there must also be intent, which there is, but if you would apply that criterium strictly then soldiers killing soldiers are committing genocide since they have the intent to kill as many people of a given group, and I don't think that will stick.

And, for the record, you really should have looked at who I was replying to, since that person seems to be questioning whether or not a genocide is going on at all.

They're trying to destroy ukrainian culture. They say this openly. That's genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    The types of people Right wing propaganda has cultivated that'd even attempt to start a violent insurrection are also so violently paranoid that they'd turn on each-other for being Feds and go nowhere.

Also miss me with that 'Diversity is weakness' shit, it's only a 'weakness' insomuch that Nationalist dipshits think it is. Just like every other imaginary problem right wingers conjure up so they can be mad about something.
    Diversity is not a weakness, communautarism is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They're trying to destroy ukrainian culture. They say this openly. That's genocide.
    cough, cough

https://news.yahoo.com/no-russian-mi...I%20want%20to.

There is no Russian minority in Ukraine, so its "rights" do not come up in negotiations with EU – Ukraine's senior official

Ukrainska Pravda
    November 9, 2023·1 min read

Olha Stefanishyna, Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine, insists that the issue of protecting the Russian minority is not raised in the negotiations with the EU on minority rights.

Source: Stefanishyna at a joint press conference with Katarína Mathernová, EU Ambassador to Ukraine, reported by European Pravda

Details: Stefanishyna acknowledged that the issue of guaranteeing minority rights will be very important on Ukraine's path to EU membership, and this is not purely Ukrainian peculiarity. A number of other candidates also faced demands in this area during their accession negotiations.

However, despite the fact that the Venice Commission refers to the "Russian minority" in its decisions and recommendations to Kyiv, it is not mentioned in the dialogue with the EU.

"There is no Russian minority in Ukraine. It does not exist! There is not a single legally registered community that identifies itself as a Russian minority. There are Ukrainians, some of whom speak Russian. I am from Odesa, I speak Ukrainian when I want to, and I speak Russian when I want to. And I do not need Muscovites or the decision of the Venice Commission to do so (choose a language – ed.)," Stefanishyna explained.

She stressed that Brussels shares this view.

"I am glad that the European Commission understands this," she said.

Turn on tv in Russia. They are boasting openly about it in broadcasts.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

You must live in Russia to have so completely missed out on the news for the last two years.

Since you haven't noticed: for the past two years Russia has been fighting a war in Ukraine with the explicit goal of erasing Ukrainian ste an people from existence.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2023-12-15 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    cough, cough
    Come on mods. Can't you get these kremlin trolls banned for a bit more time?
    How many times do they have to make a comeback before you understand what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Come on mods. Can't you get these kremlin trolls banned for a bit more time?
    How many times do they have to make a comeback before you understand what's going on?
    While genocide denial should be an actionable offense, I don't think they should be auto banned just for being Vatniks and reciting Kremlin propaganda.

Knowing what the Vatniks think and believe (or being told to) is valuable in the sense that those will be the talking points Western Vatniks will be parroting in no time.

The only Vatnik here I truly despise is @Easo. He did a whole lot of "Fog'o'War" around when Bucha and such were revealed, he never course corrected on that. Both sideism is one thing, but he did was something else.