Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Russia has formally declared war just now. I knew this was coming.
    Well, you are on record supporting such actions. So, you must be happy.

Probing force to see how Europe reacts. Coming on the heels of a statement that Russia and OPEC will increase oil output.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, you are on record supporting such actions. So, you must be happy.
    no, what I am upset about most is how up until this day, people just dismissed it as sabre rattling or people being outraged for no reason. I've been saying this day would come for *years*
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

no, what I am upset about most is how up until this day, people just dismissed it as sabre rattling or people being outraged for no reason. I've been saying this day would come for *years*
    You are the one who wanted a "strong badass" as a leader.

Don't try and whine about what you asked for.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to find a source but can't?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

YOU'RE RIGHT! I'M VERY, VERY SORRY FOR MOCKING YOUR MASTURBATION FANTASIES!!!!

Now we get to see the Russian military machine face plant against a weaker force or Putin pulling out at the last second.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just googled again "russia declared war"

No results?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Trying to find a source but can't?
    here I grabbed a few citations while reading over them, though the topic shouldn't be too hard to find right now

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...-time-rcna7203
    https://www.rt.com/russia/541955-mil...ine-territory/
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2021-12-02 at 04:39 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    here I grabbed a few citations while reading over them, though the topic shouldn't be too hard to find right now though

I'm not reading that he declared war. I did catch this part though.

Putin has deployed more than 90,000 troops along Russia’s border with Ukraine, matching the force that he sent and withdrew in the spring.
    This is called saber rattling and you fell for it 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    here I grabbed a few citations while reading over them, though the topic shouldn't be too hard to find right now

Your definition of "formally declares war" needs some work.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Now we get to see the Russian military machine face plant against a weaker force.
    hasn't it been stressed enough lately by NATO that, should Russia ever go through with their threats against Ukraine, they would face America's wrath?

10+ Year Old Account
    hasn't it been stressed enough lately by NATO that, should Russia ever go through with their threats against Ukraine, they would face America's wrath?
    Do you not understand what M.A.D. is?

I don't think you can wave that card around forever. At which point would you put your foot down, then? On hypothetical extremes: If Putin invaded Ukraine and began torturing everyone there, and he said "if any Western powers intervene, I will nuke you, but until then we're neutral" would we still cow down to that? It's important to consider these hypothetical scenarios because we're so close to conflict right now.

What the hell are you talking about? There has not been any declaration of war, nor, more importantly, anything of note has happened at all.

I don't think you can wave that card around forever. At which point would you put your foot down, then? On hypothetical extremes: If Putin invaded Ukraine and began torturing everyone there, and he said "if any Western powers intervene, I will nuke you, but until then we're neutral" would we still cow down to that? It's important to consider these hypothetical scenarios because we're so close to conflict right now.
    West will not fight Russia over Ukraine. There is no legal reason to, what would happen is more punishing sanctions and increasing rearmament of NATO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    At a point where we would actually be saving more lives than killing.

There is no point if we end up killing more than we would save.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are we asking that question when it's clear they don't even know what a declaration of war is.

Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

/r/thathappened
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    West will not fight Russia over Ukraine.
    why do we keep saying we will then? Often along the remarks of protecting democracy and Ukraine's sovereignty
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2021-12-02 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do we keep saying we will then?
    Why do you keep saying Russia is invading when they aren't?

Why do you keep saying Russia is invading when they aren't?
    they're fixed on the border right now with weapons ready