Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Why Russia is the problem not the West? If you think the existence of Russia is guilty, Russian can think the same.
    Ukraine says "wtf?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    yea we need to defend against these cunts if Russia is any example whats the problem?
    Don't try to outlogic them, it doesn't work. They live in a world where a defense pact is enough of a threat that one of the countries the defense pact is formed against starts attacking because of the defense pact existing.

It makes zero sense, yet here we are reading that bullshit argument every other page.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Since Revolution Russia always needed an enemy to justify it's aggression and oppression.
    Oh yeah when Russia withdraw its troops from east germany to their home in 1990s. Who is the real aggressor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Don't try to outlogic them, it doesn't work. They live in a world where a defense pact is enough of a threat that one of the countries the defense pact is formed against starts attacking because of the defense pact existing.

It makes zero sense, yet here we are reading that bullshit argument every other page.
    Then why not allow Russia to join NATO?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ukraine says "wtf?"
    Why should I care Ukraine? China donates them food and medicine etc for their people but they hated China for not sending China troops or sanctions Russia. While zyliensky warmongers everywhere. "we have already in WW3" etc. What a bunch of cry babies?

You think politics work the same way as cry babies and keyboard warriors on mmochampion?
    Last edited by ruwshtyb; 2022-03-24 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This Russian paranoia about NATO has always been...interesting, when Russia is the one doing the invading, not NATO. Propaganda is a hell of a drug, I guess.
    It's particularly nonsensical here, as this invasion, predictably, made joining NATO way more popular in countries like Finland. It wasn't all that popular an idea before, but now, it feels almost essential. There are people still dragging their heels about it, but it has never been more popular an idea. We'll see if we come around to doing it (we fucking should), but if we do, it's entirely because of this invasion.

This attack only re-affirmed the need for NATO. Any and all doubts on whether we still needed NATO or not, are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Oh yeah defensive alliance for deploying nuclear weapons and all sorts of attacking super weapons super sonic missiles when they are way beyond what "defensive" needs?
    What? Yes, defensive. When has NATO attacked Russia ever? NATO needs to respond to increases in the weapons capabilities Russia has to ensure they can effectively counter them. Though last I checked it's actually Russia allegedly using hypersonic missiles against Ukraine, not the other way around.

Hypersonic missile would only take less than 5 minutes to reach Moscow.
    Ok...and? How likely is this of ever happening?

People like you will defend utopia which is so called free world as loud minority on the internet when they start to attack russia or china because they are authoritarian regimes and deserve to be overthrown and dismantled.
    Nice strawman you've built yourself there. Shame it doesn't exist anywhere but your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to destroy their nation with regime change. They have to start nuclear war against you since you leave them no choice.
    I mean, we were literally just arguing a few pages ago about the fact that the US and its allies just seem to keep forgiving Russia for their acts of aggression.

And here you're playing the paranoid, claiming not only that the US is gung-ho trying to force a regime-change, but that nuclear war is the only defense.

Fucking hilarious. The US would far rather Russia just be a peaceful trading partner, broski. The only reason we're having this contretemps is because Putin is a massively paranoid warmonger and is looking to bring back the USSR forcefully.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Why should I care Ukraine?
    Putin murdering Ukrainians...and now you're defending him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because Russia can't be trusted, but what has this to do with any of this? It's still a defense pact, one that is because of Russia's actions quite obviously needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Putin murdering Ukrainians...and now you're defending him.
    I don't care Ukrainians at all. No laws said I am wrong. And you guys don't care about Russian people either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This Russian paranoia about NATO has always been...interesting, when Russia is the one doing the invading, not NATO. Propaganda is a hell of a drug, I guess.
    How many times did Russia invade its own "allies"/puppets during the Cold War to prevent them from leaving the USSR/Warsaw Pact?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I don't care Ukrainians at all. No laws said I am wrong. And you guys don't care about Russian people either.
    hopefully all the russian soldiers who invaded ukraine go back in boxes.

where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    How many times did Russia invade its own "allies"/puppets during the Cold War to prevent them from leaving the USSR/Warsaw Pact?
    oh yeah. Russia is the greatest evil on the planet.

/ignore list updated.

lmao, there it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be fantastic if Russia joins NATO, it's what we want. The real problem is that Russians currently have very little interest in adhering to the necessary principles that are required for admission.

Also technically I'm not sure if Russia is close enough to the "Atlantic" ocean for it to make sense, but that is a minor quibble.

hopefully all the russian soldiers who invaded ukraine go back in boxes.

where are you from?
    Haha. Whatever, Ukraine is doomed even that happens. Enjoy your Ukrainian refugee sex slaves since only women and children are allowed to leave ukraine.

I am from USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Cause Russia is such a model of modern, democratic forces? You kinda have to be compatible with the rest, sorry.

Ok, seriously, yeah that would have solved a lot of issues if Russia or the USSR had joined NATO, but the problem is that NO ONE believed their offers were in good faith and I can't say I blame them.

oh yeah. Russia is the greatest evil on the planet.
    If you only have strawmen to argue with, that's because you don't have any actual arguments.

hopefully all the russian soldiers who invaded ukraine go back in boxes. where are you from?
    I was thinking from another country too but his arguments have the same rationality of a child...or Trump supporter.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah of course you can defend whatever you want. "NATO is for peace" yeah. It threats nobody.

However you guys seem to hate China for developing its economy and military inside their territory as a threat because China is authoritarian? hmhm. But hey The last time China uses force for was in 1978. While democractic elected power (UK, France and USA) is still in war. Who is truly for peace? yeah?
    But for mmochampion WOW elites, China is a huge threat to us lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Reasons? Sending money, spies and agents (even military when they don't work) to overthrow other governments? And got huge amount of hatred of Muslim people to hate "free" world and perform terroists attacks like 911?
    NATO is a defensive alliance that has no interest in starting a war with Russia without provocation. The only way NATO threatens Russian interests is if Russia intended to invading its former puppet states to reform the Russian Empire.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers