Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Also, more and more US troops are going to be sitting in a command center, piloting drones and delivering guided munitions, while Russian troops are busy running after their transports.
    Well, I think the military even gets enough of those. They can also force plenty of the dudebros into doing administration and HR and all that, but they're not very good at it, which is why they're trying to recruit people that are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw this doin the rounds : https://twitter.com/OSINTua/status/1508819605434818571

lol russia. The only front that isn't a complete disaster is still the donbas but if i was ukrainian right now i'd be smelling blood everywhere else.
    What was that? The Russian three stooges?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um...the side that has food, warmth, health care, working vehicles, isn't conscripted, and isn't bombing children? I mean, post whatever Russian-friendly propaganda you want, the Russians still picked a fight with a mud puddle and lost.
    i was making fun of the people simping for russias army, not sure how that wasnt clear
    lol its clear that their military is shit
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2022-03-30 at 04:22 AM.

Its only a couple of days to the next biannual call up of Russian conscripts (April 1). It is also meant to be when the current batch of conscripts are to finish their 1 year stint and be released. No doubt most are being pressured into staying on.

I see random russian TV hosts are calling for regime change in the US...I guess elections are so incredibly rare in russia they forget we generally do have a regime change every 4-8 years over here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    remember when people were talking about how better russia was because their military ad had ripped underwear models posing as military guys lol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ar7vYg0pY
    who would you rather be right now objectively?
    See my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

remember when people were talking about how better russia was because their military ad had ripped underwear models posing as military guys lol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ar7vYg0pY
    who would you rather be right now objectively?
    Man, the comments on that one might have aged better than the video itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure how that wasnt clear
    It was, I wasn't. That video was hard to watch.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The destroyed military industry is irreplaceable, that is something I am not going to concede any ground on, though.
    Eh, the opposite is true. Not only is old industry replaceable, but it will have to be replaced due to destruction. Unless you think Ukraine won't build new factories after this ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Eh, the opposite is true. Not only is old industry replaceable, but it will have to be replaced due to destruction. Unless you think Ukraine won't build new factories after this ends.
    In fact, I'm sure the US and/or EU would love the ability to invest in some military facilities they keep a casual eye on constructed right next to Russia.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    A good reason US steel fell behind compared to European or Asian mills is that American steel mills were untouched by WW2 whereas a lot of them in Europe were bombed due to being high priority targets and thus European post-war steel mills were state of the art whereas my father told me how he saw stuff at US steel mills with dates on them dating back to the 1890s or something.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Today Russian troops claimed they are withdrawing, and have believably changed their positions/retreated. Zelenksy claimed B.S for any peace from their part, though.

I think we know what is coming next with a sudden troop withdrawal from hostile territory...

- - - Updated - - -

US officials say the presence of identical nuclear explosive materials in three separate smuggling incidents indicates someone has a larger cache — and is hunting for a buyer.
    DB

CHISHINAU, Moldova — The sample of highly-enriched uranium, of a type that could be used in a nuclear bomb, arrived here on a rainy summer day four years ago, in a blue shopping bag carried by a former policeman.

According to court documents, the bag quickly passed through the hands of three others on its way to a prospective buyer. It was not the first time such material had passed through this city, raising international alarms: It had happened twice before. And mysteriously, in all three cases, spanning more than a decade, the nuclear material appeared to have the same origin — a restricted military installation in Russia.

This news would quickly reach Washington. But that day, the first to pick up the blue bag was the wife of a former Russian military officer, who handed it off to a friend while she went shopping in this former Soviet city's ragged downtown.

Not long afterward, a 57-year old lawyer named Teodor Chetrus, from a provincial town near the Ukrainian border, retrieved it and brought it to a meeting with a man named Ruslan Andropov. According to an account by Moldovan police, the two men had, earlier in the day, visited a local bank, where Chetrus confirmed that Andropov had deposited more than $330,000 as an initial payment.

Andropov next examined the contents of the bag: a lead-lined cylinder, shaped like a thermos. It was meant to be the first of several shipments of highly-enriched uranium totaling 10 kilograms (22 pounds), a senior investigator here said. That's about a fifth of what might be needed to fuel a Hiroshima-sized nuclear explosion — but almost enough to power a more technically-advanced "implosion-style" nuclear bomb.

But then, abruptly, Chetrus' participation with this group of shadowy characters in the illicit sale of nuclear explosive materials — the stuff of nightmares at the CIA, the Pentagon, and the White House — went awry.

Andropov turned out to be working with Moldovan police, who were monitoring communications between those involved, with advice from the US embassy in Chishinau.

On June 27, 2011, they swooped in. Photos of the arrests show a policeman in a ski mask holding a Kalashnikov while Chetrus knelt on a sidewalk in front of the bank. He would eventually be sentenced to five years in prison.

Chetrus' arrest ended one of four attempts in the past five years by Moldovan residents to smuggle dangerous nuclear materials into the hands of unscrupulous buyers. But his capture did not ease the concerns of Western intelligence services.

No one in the West knows exactly who has this nuclear explosive material, and where they may be.

Instead, it stoked them, because the resulting international probe into the case has sparked fresh, and previously unreported, worries that thieves inside of Russia somehow made off years ago with a full bomb's worth of highly enriched uranium. Western spies fear the thieves have been doggedly looking for buyers for the past sixteen years, by repeatedly dangling in front of them identical, genuine samples of that highly valuable material.

Five current or former US officials who have tracked nuclear smuggling, and who declined to be named because this assessment is classified, said it is now a consensus view within the intelligence community.

But no one in the West knows exactly who has this nuclear explosive material, and where they may be.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ywj3...a-nuclear-bomb
    https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...rom_chornobyl/
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-03-30 at 07:28 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Today Russian troops claimed they are withdrawing, and have believably changed their positions/retreated.
    You couldn't even make it through one sentence without being wrong.

Take your pick:

CNN: US skeptical of Russian claims it's scaling back the war in Ukraine

The Guardian: Governor of Ukraine's Chernihiv region sees no let-up in Russian attacks

The Guardian: Raab (UK Deputy PM): we 'can't trust what is coming out of the mouth of Putin's war machine'

The Guardian: Western leaders skeptical over Putin's withdrawal claims

And there's a ton more. Try being educated on the subject.

I think we know what is coming next with a sudden troop withdrawal from hostile territory...
    Stop salivating over the idea of nuclear winter. It's disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Always check your sources, broski. That article is from 2015.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Always check your sources, broski. That article is from 2015.
    L O FUCKING L, it even says it at the top of the screen when you click on the fucking link. And Yuppie couldn't even be bothered to even see that. They are as big as the Es on the top of a fucking seeing eye chart when you are at an eye doctor, and he still couldn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    L O FUCKING L, it even says it at the top of the screen when you click on the fucking link. And Yuppie couldn't even be bothered to even see that. They are as big as the Es on the top of a fucking seeing eye chart when you are at an eye doctor, and he still couldn't see it.
    However, this is totally the prelude to the inevitable nuclear war, i swear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, because everyone loves a picture:

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder though, given that we know that Russian communications are a clusterfuck as well due to them destroying the infrastructure they needed, how easy it is to actually get the orders out in the field. I mean those orders need to be confirmed as not fake and then they need to be acted upon, I don't think it would be done in one day.

Not that I trust the Russians of course, but these things do take time.

I only have one thing left to say until the speculated day:

If Putin nukes or chemical bombs Ukraine, and the world wakes up to the news, and I return to say "I TOLD YOU ALL" would I still be rebuked as making shit up? If that happens, I still feel people won't be apologetic and just claim "we all knew it would happen." But I am documenting every last post for a while now claiming Putin would never do such a thing and I am always exaggerating on worst case scenarios.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have one thing left to say
    This won't age well.

I mean... we can all hope, but... nah.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I only have one thing left to say until the speculated day:

If Putin nukes or chemical bombs Ukraine, and the world wakes up to the news, and I return to say "I TOLD YOU ALL" would I still be rebuked as making shit up? If that happens, I still feel people won't be apologetic and just claim "we all knew it would happen." But I am documenting every last post for a while now saying Putin would never do such a thing and I am exaggerating.
    It wouldn't surprise ANY FUCKING ONE if Putin Nukes or chemical bombs Ukraine, but bullshitting your way through shit with 7 year old articles, doesn't help your argument at fucking all.