Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    so no salivating about nukes, okay?
    PUTIN is the one who waved that card today. He mentioned guaranteed MAD "options" if anyone dared to intervene in Ukraine. What else could that possibly mean?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Remember that bullshit about only military targets?
    https://twitter.com/dzyga71/status/1496729666845032450

Here is how cruise missile arrival looks from very close up, at civilian airport.

EDIT - it is dual purpose airfield, which is why it seems in video you can see soldiers and who looks to be civilians.

Russia doesn't have a very large stockpile of PGMs. So they can't do stand off attacks for very long. It does explain why the troops are going in so soon - because they have to. And there is footage of Russian helos over the Luhansk region, so some loses are possible.
    Yep, even NATO is limited in this regard, they have to move in soon, before Ukraine can reorganize.
    I saw the Ka-52 over Lugansk, so you are right, airforce is there, or at least very near to the current front line.
    Last edited by Easo; 2022-02-24 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

What pisses me of as a turk is the fact that thanks to Erdogans retarded policies over 20 years, this country became from self sufficient to an import only country. same as natural gas. the minute putin says no more gas and wheat and turkey is over. fucking islamic ideology cannot rule countries. they have no vision. just propaganda. if it was the turkey of 20 years ago, the minute russia goes down to black sea, we block istanbul and canakkale, they are trapped while nato navy rolls in. fuck erdogan and his whole lot.
    i really want erdogan to do the right thing and no matter what stay with nato. turkish will suffer even harsher economic conditions but do what is right for once erdogan. just once. fucking imbecile. 2023 elections cannot come fast enough.

i just remembered, from primary school 3rd year to until graduation from highschool, we were always taught about *russian aims of reaching warm seas using black sea*. guess erdo and his clows didnt read shit. not much to expect when you cannot put two words without a prompter.
    Last edited by Gref; 2022-02-24 at 06:52 AM.

So far Erdogan is towing the NATO/EU line.

The only thing I don't get why do this if he claims he doesn't want to occupy Ukraine. The moment Russians leave, they'll throw out whoever is in charge and install pro-Western government.

But then again, he's a liar so...

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The only thing I don't get why do this if he claims he doesn't want to occupy Ukraine. The moment Russians leave, they'll throw out whoever is in charge and install pro-Western government.

There is no chance he can do a regime change and not follow up with a protracted occupation to support it. Which will be a long and costly exercises, both in human lives and money.

7+ Year Old Account

But then country may be simply ruined and could collapse on it's own afterwards after they leave. Which then could lead to immigrants flooding EU etc. Putin is obsessed af on either subjugating or destroying Ukraine.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-24 at 07:12 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And his claim of Nazi Junta is ridiculous - Zelensky is a Jew who lost kin during the Holocaust. And he has Hanukia in his office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Are you ok?
    It's his attempt at sarcasm.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

Lie obviously. Putin is making those claims to try and pull a Hitler really. He is hoping for a slow and appeasement response while he just takes over. Putin's deception in the last weeks makes it easy to see through this. His goal is obvious. He is going to invade all of Ukraine and make it a part of Russia. No Ukraine government will exist. Russians will not be leaving.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2022-02-24 at 07:15 AM.

They are at outskirts of Harkiv. Was suspected due to proximity to the border. I have... certain question though regarding whether there really is Ukrainian forces ready to fight for the city (2nd biggest).

Donbas, on the other hand, is currently full on fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Hard to say when orange boy's not president now.
    No no no, answer the question.

What would Trump have done to stop Putin from invading Ukraine?

What fear did Putin have of Trump?

I want specific examples of things Trump said, did, and policies he enacted that deterred Putin or would have served to deter Putin.

This is your opinion, surely you must have a reason beyond simply extending "Trump is big strong man who's gonna put the meanie smarty-pants liberals in their place" to his interactions with Russia, despite absolutely all evidence to the contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Lie obviously. Putin is making those claims to try and pull a Hitler really. He is hoping for a slow and appeasement response while he just takes over. Putin's deception in the last weeks makes easy to see through this. His goal is obvious. He is going to invade all of Ukraine and make it a part of Russia. No Ukraine government will exist. Russians will not be leaving.
    I think a puppet-state is the more likely goal and clerically easier for them.

Regardless, the rest of Europe be making some real damn fast decisions on what their move is going to be when Putin decides he wants to move past Ukraine.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And his claim of Nazi Junta is ridiculous - Zelensky is a Jew who lost kin during the Holocaust. And he has Hanukia in his office.
    It is possible to both be a Neo-Nazi and a Jew. I am not saying he is, but those two are not mutually exclusive.

I take solace in the fact that US intel has been razor sharp but that was kind of obvious from the flawless execution of Soleimani in early 2020.

I take solace in the fact that US intel has been razor sharp but that was kind of obvious from the flawless execution of Soleimani in early 2020.
    Why couldn't they assassinate Putin, then?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. There are/were neo-nazis fighting against pro-russians. That issue is no longer relevant and overshadowed by this new state level Ukraine v Russia war. I've never heard anyone say Zelensky is a Nazi. Russian trolls might say that but everyone knows its bullshit. At best you could say anti-russians turned a blew to to the nazis when convenient but that's about it.

You will hear Russian prop lean in the Nazi angle to justify the Invasion though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Why couldn't they assassinate Putin, then?
    Having intel does not mean acting upon it.

Soleimani was easy pickings. Killing Putin would only enrage Russians and his inner circle. Anyhow I don't see how you could pull it off though I do remember reading a story about there being a mole in the Kremlin who could, allegedly, get close to his offices. But apparently Trump blew that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Ugh. There are/were neo-nazis fighting against pro-russians.
    Oh yes, there are. But I don't care, never did especially considering the kind of degenerates that Russia supported/still supports.

like people, I know advocating for assassins is pretty dark, but someone like Putin who already has millions of deaths to their name definitely deserves one.

Kyiv has asked Turkey to close the Bosporus and Dardenelles. I'm not sure that Turkey can do that, even if they wanted, without it being an act of war.

On the troops near Kharkiv, as ugly as it is, the Ukrainians withdrawing into the city and making the Russians fight a bloody urban war is probably their best bet.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-02-24 at 07:51 AM.

Kyiv has asked Turkey to close the Bosporus and Dardenelles. I'm not sure that Turkey can do that, even if they wanted, without it being an act of war.
    Well, it is theirs. They are also allowed to explicitly close it for military vessels in cases of war since 1936.