Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is actually a proper response that splashes cold water on the whole hothead populist warmongering bullshit thing.

It merely means - "ok, are you actually ready to pay the personal price for investing efforts in that place thousands km away?". Which is where the whole thing stops.

It's simply where the bullshit stops.
    It's like when people are criticising capitalism on the internet, and someone says "Gee, look at this guy criticising capitalism on his iPhone" like they've just delivered the biggest mic drop in history. Same deal, it's a pointless zinger. But I won't labour the point any further.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well I don't think there is much to worry about with Russia. Russia is too close to being a static society rather than a dynamic society that experiences rapid change and innovation. If they don't reverse that then they won't be able to surpass the West, and their smaller numbers put them at a disadvantage with China.

Regarding warfare I'm not too worried about that either, the USA and China and Russia just like to saber-rattle and act like tough guys, nobody wants real large scale war and mass death.
    Well, we've something in common; we were both wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I get the feeling this will be hard. Historically, we shouldn't forget that Afghanistan was a growing economic center before the Soviets came in and started bombing entire cities to respond to a few Russian diplomats getting killed by rebels. It has turned into a wasteland compared to what it once was, and the same could happen to another Russian puppet state. Also, forcing people to do what they don't want to do never works well for the ensuing populace.
    Which is why I wrote that this might turn into the most difficult one if you want a avoid nato/western involvement into this conflict.
    If Ukraine turns into the next Syria then we are talking about a population size twice of what Syria was pre war. Turkey currently houses a few millions Syrian refugees which I honestly don't see any European countries doing the same if a sudden influx of Ukrainian refugees start entering Europe.

Best solution that I can personally come up with is to go and devastate the Russian economy. Place such restrictive sanctions on Russia that there will be a bankrun on Russian banks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No He's a Communist. In every sense of the word.
    Have any evidence for that? He's using the state to enrich himself, primarily through corruption and the concentration of capital in his cronies, who are doing that concentration of capital through a capitalist system.

He's a crony capitalist and a fascist.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Putin is a capitalist. And These 'nazis' got what 6% of the vote in the last election how many did they get in your last election over 40%?
    Putin is a murderous lunatic Communist. The fact Russia isn't technically has nothing to do with it. He was born Soviet Communist. As to your other Half You have a point about the U.S but as for Ukraine I don't know. Again I admitted I don't their country but what I've seen it seem they are Nazi's
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Have any evidence for that? He's using the state to enrich himself, primarily through corruption and the concentration of capital in his cronies, who are doing that concentration of capital through a capitalist system.

Stop using the word fascist for everything you do not like. It devaluates the word.

10+ Year Old Account

I think people are confused what a "communist" is.

In USSR there was a joke that "communism is for the poor". The "communist" elites were always what you have quoted. Yes, there were some with actual ideology - but many were simply what CCP is in reality today, for example.

So yeah, he's no communist for shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Stop using the word fascist for everything you do not like. It devaluates the word.
    Putin's literally a fascist. If you think otherwise it is you who do not know the meaning of that word.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, it's called a history book, Putin is NOT a Capitalist's, he is a Soviet Union guard and he will use whatever means to manipulate and govern in a way to bring the Soviet Empire back. This man is ever bit as evil as Hitler. It isn't communism or capitalisms that makes who he is. It's ideology. This is payback

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    really? an unwillingness to stop Germany in 1938 lead to WW2.
    Poland was more than willing to fight them.

Also there are other wars than WW2 to learn from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Putin is a Fascist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    It didnt join NATO because the Putin-slave gangster thief hungarian government vetoed its request to join due to Putin ordering cocksucker Orban to veto. Not as if they didnt want to join since forever..
    Since forever as in after Russia invaded Crimea?

NATO does not accept members that are currently invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Putin's literally a fascist. If you think otherwise it is you who do not know the meaning of that word.
    So I guess any authoritarian leader is a fascist

i thought he was a communist? Make your mind up.

Fuck him anyway and all the bootlicker enablers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I don't really think you know the full meaning of it.

The extreme authoritarianism and nationalism of fascism often manifests a belief in racial purity or a master race, usually synthesized with some variant of racism or bigotry against a demonized "Other".

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    I don't really think you know the full meaning of it.
    he is doing blood and soil speeches to be fair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Putin is not a communist, he's a Big Man Fascist.
    No He's a Communist. In every sense of the word.
    Thank you.

I see Putin as the ceo of a large company that managed to become the ruler of a country.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    he is doing blood and soil speeches to be fair
    You mean that he thinks Ukrainians and Russians are of one blood and soil? That doesn't sound master racy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I see Putin as the ceo of a large company that managed to become the ruler of a country.
    I see him as a former KGB spy who used all his talents to pay off and kill off opposition, and fermenting a base of support built on his strong man image and ruthless authoritarian governance.