7+ Year Old Account
    I see the mafia state that is Russia continues to function as expected: Lots of infighting and assassinations.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    And once more muscovy police make an arrest even before the body is cold. Surprisingly they didn't try to blame it on Ukraine, but blamed a 26 year old anti-war feminist. Press X to doubt. Its amazing how fast they can move to make an arrest but still can't prevent this kind of attacks.

The bomb was reportedly hidden in a figurine or bust given to him - and there is video of a person handing it over. Guess what? It wasn't a female handing it over. Hrm. And the cafe was previously owned by none other than the Prig himself. Double hrm.

This has political infighting written all over it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was siding with Prig, it was his (or used to be) restaurant and recently the blogger has been a bit too critical of how Russia has been performing in the war. Who knows this month might end with an actual Russian civil war if Prig is pushed enough to fight back. (Very low chance but eh could happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was siding with Prig, it was his (or used to be) restaurant and recently the blogger has been a bit too critical of how Russia has been performing in the war. Who knows this month might end with an actual Russian civil war if Prig is pushed enough to fight back. (Very low chance but eh could happen)
    Be kind of hard given the mod controls the supply of weapons and ammo to Prig. There would have to be a schism in the mod for any infighting to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be kind of hard given the mod controls the supply of weapons and ammo to Prig. There would have to be a schism in the mod for any infighting to happen.
    Rumour has it Gerasimov is on the chopping block, so who knows. Also smuggling exists.

muscovy is now blaming Ukraine for the cafe bombing. Surprised it took them that long.

Assuming this isn't an April fools joke, 3000 horses are being supplied to the russian army to help with their logistics problems.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...932754438?s=20

Got to feel sorry for those horses - they'll be overworked, poorly fed and then eaten when they die from mistreatment.
    It's Tuva. Tuva is the corner of Mongolia that Russia bit off and then neglected to develop (they don't even have railroads); it's the rural backwater of Siberia, which itself is the rural backwater of Russia.

Also, Tuva's most visible contribution to the war so far has been Sergei Shoigu. I can understand that they would rather be remembered for horses.

the idea of Russians charging into battle mounted on horses in 2023 is surreal. It's like they aren't really part of the civilized world and more like barbarian conquerors lost in another timeline.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    the idea of Russians charging into battle mounted on horses in 2023 is surreal. It's like they aren't really part of the civilized world and more like barbarian conquerors lost in another timeline.
    it will help them die faster which is good.

You keep being surprised by all these things you've been told for like a year+

No, it's like they're broke and have already used all their modern weapons but they can't just surrender because their leader refuses to admit the entire campaign was a massively terrible idea from the start so they're resorting to mounted cavalry because it's all they have left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta admit, the idea of Russian troops Last Samurai'ng themselves on horseback into modern weaponry is entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Gotta admit, the idea of Russian troops Last Samurai'ng themselves on horseback into modern weaponry is entertaining
    Not when you consider the poor innocent horses galloping to their death because they're being ridden by rapist, pos, animals.

I am fairly certain that those horses will be used as a replacement for supply trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I am fairly certain that those horses will be used as a replacement for supply trucks.
    And cold-war era MRE's, eventually.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I wonder if you can put rockets on a horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh, surely they are not actually riding the horses to battle, right? They are using them with logistics. As in, instead of trucks, they are using horses to move heavier equipment around. And utilizing horses for this is not unheard of - during WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Uhhh, surely they are not actually riding the horses to battle, right? They are using them with logistics. As in, instead of trucks, they are using horses to move heavier equipment around. And utilizing horses for this is not unheard of - during WW2.
    At this point I'm willing to believe that...But no, they are for logistics indeed, but they do come with the added bonus of being edible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Exceedingly unlikely they intend to do any sort of cavalry charges, Russian logistics are just degrading near ww2 and earlier levels if they start using horses like this.

It isn’t really the popular image of that war most people imagine, but both nazi germany and the soviet union relied extensively on horse drawn supply chains back in the 1940s.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It isn’t really the popular image of that war most people imagine, but both nazi germany and the soviet union relied extensively on horse drawn supply chains back in the 1940s.
    The areas that the fighting is in Horses do well because of all the spring/autumn muds. It doesn't look great but at the same time it can be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And cold-war era MRE's, eventually.
    "Eventually". More like immediately.