15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Oh look. Another cosplay tankie simping for a murderous fascist regime has come out of the woodwork.

Do you get a boner everytime Putin murders people, ruins lives? Do you moan "West is bad" while you masturbate to human suffering and misery?
    The world is more complicated than your tunnel vision is able to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Your assessment is flawed.
    Putin is not out to annex Ukraine, he's just out to make sure the current government is replaced.
    No one cares about Ukraine, Russia doesn't and the west doesn't. It's a strategic position. What Russia wants there is "clean middle ground".

Do you understand the logic now?
    The fuck he isn't. Putin wants the Soviet Union back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I understand war better than you do as I've survived one.
    Men 18-60 are forbidden to leave the country and the Ukraine president has said that everyone who can wield a weapon should pick one up.
    That includes children. That's a madman right there. Desperate madman.
    I echo what I've been saying, the west doesn't care about Ukraine. Russia will roll over it and people will die. What does Ukraine president want? Martyrs?
    You survived a war, you list Yugoslavia as your location. I will take a wild guess that your intense hate boner against NATO comes from 90s conflict in Balkans, right?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Your assessment is flawed.
    Putin is not out to annex Ukraine, he's just out to make sure the current government is replaced.
    No one cares about Ukraine, Russia doesn't and the west doesn't. It's a strategic position. What Russia wants there is "clean middle ground".

Do you understand the logic now?
    I believe Ukraine's government is for Ukraine to decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Since Lavrov just publicly stated that Russia has no intentions of occupying Ukraine, therefore we can assume that is what will happen.

Literally take their statements, inverse and you'll have the likely truth.
    "Look, we never wanted to... see here?" <points at statement> "Yeah, we neeeeever wanted to occupy Ukraine! I told you so back then! But, then you made us do it! I mean, we had to, right? But we didn't want to! So, really, if you think about it, this is all your fault!"

...at least that's how I imagine the conversation going later down the road.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey has formidable, if largely headcount based army.
    So does Poland. Doesn't mean they're well equipped to march to Moscow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I understand war better than you do as I've survived one.
    Men 18-60 are forbidden to leave the country and the Ukraine president has said that everyone who can wield a weapon should pick one up.
    That includes children. That's a madman right there. Desperate madman.
    I echo what I've been saying, the west doesn't care about Ukraine. Russia will roll over it and people will die. What does Ukraine president want? (children) Martyrs?
    A nation's leader calling everyone to arms to defend themselves against an invasion??? Everyone who is willing and able? That never happened before....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    What an interesting way to describe it. "Clean middle ground". So that's what Russia is doing in your opinion, "clearing"?
    It's like I said at the start of this particular branch of the discussion:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The only way it even halfway makes sense is if they forever consider those annexed countries like cannon fodder buffer zones. "Go ahead, point your missiles at Ukraine and see if we care!"
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Russia is just looking for a little bit of living space, yeah? We all know how that turned out last time.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russians seem really fixated on rushing Kyiv, like its cap the flag or something.
    Becasue it is. If they cap Kyiv the war is simply over and Ukraine is conquered. They want to kill/cap Zełenski ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It is going to be interesting to see what we find out later about what happened there. It seems it was the most important event yesterday.

Kiev may fall today.
    3 million cities usually do not fall within 1 day, unless defenders surrender en masse. The only smart thing to do for Russia would be to encircle and move on, unless they know they can push. City battles suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    A nation's leader calling everyone to arms to defend themselves against an invasion??? Everyone who is willing and able? That never happened before....
    Forcing people into war and dying is insanity. Just because it happened before doesn't justify it happening today.
    I do not agree with this at all. Those who DO want to fight for their country will do it anyway. Those who do not should not be forced into it.
    I want to believe humans are beyond dying for their country. The government doesn't care about you anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing people into war and dying is insanity.
    And yet here you are defending Putin anyway.

The visage of a double faced liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing people into war and dying is insanity. Just because it happened before doesn't justify it happening today.
    I do not agree with this at all. Those who DO want to fight for their country will do it anyway. Those who do not should not be forced into it.
    I want to believe humans are beyond dying for their country. The government doesn't care about you anyway.
    Yup, waiting for you to condemn Putin in the strongest terms for causing all this death and destruction.

Any minute now.

Aaaaaaany minute....

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I agree with you

The fact Ukraine is making man from age 18-60 to die fighting for its country is madness too.
    Is just a thing from the past, culture and history.

I still think "past", "culture" and "history" are important....but at the same time i hate those things because they are the only thing preventing the world to UNITE and we become all "human race united".

So...in my opinion...fuck "culture" and fuck "history of our countries"....if those things are making people die fighting in a war....is shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more worried if price of gas and petrol is going to surge here in Europe, let the Ukrainians fight their own wars.

It will. Maybe it will finally force the hand of stupid EU politicians to invest back in to coal powered stations and nuclear power.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will. Maybe it will finally force the hand of stupid EU politicians to invest back in to coal powered stations and nuclear power.
    Need energy independence. No point switching Russian gas for Chinese coal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    3 million cities usually do not fall within 1 day, unless defenders surrender en masse. The only smart thing to do for Russia would be to encircle and move on, unless they know they can push. City battles suck.
    We shall see. I think Russia has prepared for this for a long time and they want to score a cheap quick victory by seizing the capital.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    If only the Ukrainian president wasn't forced to do this. How could this ever be prevented..... Oh wait by not being invaded by a warmongering neighbor.