10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    No training necessary... If we are talking about what actually could be sent. Let me explain. Speed is of the essence - you need planes already in use. Who has the same planes? Poland, Bulgaria, Slovakia. Even the variants in use are pretty much the same. Would not even need to translate cockpits much, too.

Issues are - who will pilot them? Who will deliver them to Ukraine? What Russia will do? This is major escalation.
    The systems, the loadouts, the command integration, the supplementary equipment.

It's really not 40s anymore. Even if they had pilots, expecting them to just hop in and go to mission are... not very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Do you guys think that we are playing with fire supplying Ukraine with weapons etc? We just got a nuclear mark over our heads, during these times it's probably better to just vanish for the smaller countries.

Not a good time to leave in Europe right now.
    Ukraine is currently fighting for all of Europe. They are fighting so I can sit at home and play video games. They deserve every help they need and if they are still a sovereign nation after this shitshow they deserve some of my taxes to rebuilt what was lost. If my energy bill triples I won't say a fucking thing. I am grateful for every Ukrainian fighting because that means I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The systems, the loadouts, the command integration, the supplementary equipment.

It's really not 40s anymore. Even if they had pilots, expecting them to just hop in and go to mission are... not very realistic.
    I have a feeling the old MiG-29A's are using the same crap they did before (thus on the Ukrainian level), not entirely sure there is more integration into NATO other than communication equipment which yes, can be a problem. There is a reason those planes tend to be sent to Belarus and Russia for repairs, not locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile UN gathers for another round of tea and biscuits. I hope at least they got some decent cake there too, so it won't be a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I did. The original supposition was it’s derived from borderlands and you immediately added of russia.
    Ok, then your reading comprehension is very bad but I'll be nice and explain it for you. The original post was this:
    Ukraine is practically "okraina", which means borderlands. You can guess borderlands of what country actually.
    If you click on it, it will take you to the orignal 3 posts, where user Gaidax explains he doesn't understand why ukrainians use Ukraine as name of their country when it supposedly means "borderlands of >you can guess what country<. The context clearly implies Russia, unless Gaidax comes here and specifcally says otherwise, I see no logical explanation he meant something else.

This is obviously false as Russia didn't even exist in times this name was used. Even though there are discussions word Okraina and Ukraina are derived from one another (which according to the ukrainian source I initially qouted is not, but let's say it's up to discussion), the "borderlands" meaning would never come from being borderlands to russia, but borderlands of kyiv lands see: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A3...7%D0%B2%D0%B0)

Therefore all the trolls coming to this thread implying Ukraine is in any way or form deprived from borders of russia, are 100% wrong and need to be called out for what they are - liars.

Meanwhile UN gathers for another round of tea and biscuits. I hope at least they got some decent cake there too, so it won't be a complete waste of time.
    Well, those specific meetings are indeed rare. Last one was back in 2018 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...neral_Assembly
    But I too don't think much will come out of it. My hopes are on the talks, I just don't know how realistic even a ceasefire might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This is a garbage take. FFS. Of course Putin has something left to lose. Of course he's not going to threaten to nuke a civilian population.
    no, he won't do this.
    but the questions still stand - what is there left to lose for him? what's stopping him from nuking Lviv to make the rest give up the fight? the world will have to let it slip, or he'll nuke them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Ukraine is currently fighting for all of Europe. They are fighting so I can sit at home and play video games. They deserve every help they need and if they are still a sovereign nation after this shitshow they deserve some of my taxes to rebuilt what was lost. If my energy bill triples I won't say a fucking thing. I am grateful for every Ukrainian fighting because that means I don't have to.
    I wonder what would happen if all game publishers shut down online games in Russa tho. It would be a realy good sanction to kill morale.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    what is there left to lose for him?
    Is that a legit question?

I mean, really, come on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I wonder what would happen if all game publishers shut down online games in Russa tho. It would be a realy good sanction to kill morale.
    A lot of games there are published by local publishers. For example Lost Ark, so they got this emergency covered. Worst case China will gladly help out on that front.

no, he won't do this.
    but the questions still stand - what is there left to lose for him? what's stopping him from nuking Lviv to make the rest give up the fight? the world will have to let it slip, or he'll nuke them all.
    Why do people pretend nukes are all Russia has left at their disposal? They have plenty of devastating weapons in their arsenal without ever having to touch a nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I wonder why no one mentioned (I think) that EU has approved sales of fighter planes. It brings so many questions.
    Agreed - I saw rumors of it, but it wasn't clear exactly what was decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Why do people pretend nukes are all Russia has left at their disposal? They have plenty of devastating weapons in their arsenal without ever having to touch a nuke.
    i didn't imply this.

can he kill 200k in Lviv to save 200k+ elsewhere?
    will the US start ww3 over this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in this sub we go from 0 to 100 km/h in sub 2 seconds.

People here see madmen and nukes all over the place, as if there is absolutely no middle steps in between peace and nuclear apocalypse.

- - - Updated - - -

i didn't imply this.

Yes, if someone even touches a nuke - it's on. This is part of the idea behind it too. It's also a last resort weapon and nothing in Ukraine is worth it for Putin or anyone for that matter.

Yes, if someone even touches a nuke - it's on. This is part of the idea behind it too. It's also a last resort weapon and nothing in Ukraine is worth it for Putin or anyone for that matter.
    is it?
    ignore the massacre, and the world lives. start ww3 and it's Fallout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a legit question?

I mean, really, come on.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of games there are published by local publishers. For example Lost Ark, so they got this emergency covered. Worst case China will gladly help out on that front.
    Yeah, but they can still end up blocked to play with other players from other countrys.
    One of my friends that is hosting a rust server is auto-kicking any russan players right now. (or he is a mod there, not 100%)

Its possible that other communitys in other online games are looking ugly at them right now. (swearing, kicking out of dungeons, blocking and so on)
    It is happening in online game i play right now with dungeon kicks (any player with cyrillic as name gets instant kicked).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but they can still end up blocked to play with other players from other countrys.
    One of my friends that is hosting a rust server is auto-kicking any russan players right now. (or he is a mod there, not 100%)

Its possible that other communitys in other online games are looking ugly at them right now. (swearing, kicking out of dungeons, blocking and so on)
    It is happening in online game i play right now with dungeon kicks (any player with cyrillic as name gets instant kicked).
    VPN exists.

That's how I was playing Lost Ark on RU before it came to EU/US.

Bruh, it's ok - of all the potential fallouts from this whole mess - games are probably the least of the issues there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only about half of the people who use Cyrillic are Russian, though.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

i didn't imply this.

Regardless of nukes? I am sure if Russia caused enough carnage they might intervene. I am sure Putin and his advisors are well aware of this. Hence why they aren't indiscriminately blowing cities apart in Ukraine like they did with Homs and Aleppo in Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of nukes? I am sure if Russia caused enough carnage they might intervene. I am sure Putin and his advisors are well aware of this. Hence why they aren't indiscriminately blowing cities apart in Ukraine like they did with Homs and Aleppo in Syria.
    The reason they could go ahead and blow up Homs and Aleppo in Syria just like that was because nobody in Russia gave a damn about it.

Ukrainian cities full of relatives and friends? That's a whole other ballpark there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sorry, but you literally just proved yourself wrong. The definition was provided and then they said which country they were a part of when they were called borderlands. They didn’t say it specifically meant borderlands of russia, you did that all on your own.
    I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so bad. What you think he meant by "you can guess what country" then?