Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't be like that meme who goes "the end is nigh" as response to just about anything all the time.

No posts from @Easo? Has his head exploded trying to reconcile his "facts" that Ukraine has had all of its air power destroyed with the video evidence of an attack inside Russia?

Or is he still waiting for confirmation about what the talking points will be for this?

Saying all that, it still isn't beyond the realms of possibility that this is a false-flag attack. But someone a LOT smarter that me would have to explain what it was trying to achieve if it was. It's not like this could cause Vladolph to trigger super secret double war. It isn't going to move the needle on world opinion. So what benefit would there be if it was?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Why wouldn't Putin drop a nuke on Ukraine as a "justified" defensive measure. He won't be targeting a Nato country and the west wouldn't do shit.
    Why wouldn't the US use interceptors which are parked in Poland and Germany?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think Putin would do if ukraine forces blast civlians similar to what russia does ? If his army gets rolled over and there is an actual push inside russian territory ?
    First of all it's a magical unicorn scenario that will not happen ever.

Secondly, there is A LOT of steps between nothing and OMG NUKES. You have everything ranging from and not limited to: mass airstrikes, missiles, reserves, chemical and biological weapons and what not.

Nukes are and always will be the last resort, not some first response because some shitty depot out of hundreds if not thousands they have went up in flames or some peasant or 3 got caught in flames.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck with your way of thinking, they should have used nukes like ten times over. Tens of thousands soldiers dead/wounded, billions of dollars of equipment lost and still no nukes. One shitty depot going up - HOLY SHIT NUKES NOW this is IT!.

Don't be ridiculous.

Weren't the mods going to crack down on the Nukes! talk because its bullshit and entirely pointless?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Why wouldn't the US use interceptors which are parked in Poland and Germany?
    Is the US actively involved in Ukraine? Are they covering the ukrainian air space ? Do you have secret knowledge about "nuke interceptors" that would render Russian's single big threat ineffective ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Weren't the mods going to crack down on the Nukes! talk because its bullshit and entirely pointless?
    Why is it pointless ? Do you believe there is no possible scenario where nukes might be used ? Would Russia fall over and surrender their territory instead of using nukes ?
    I'm not saying wacko YUPPIE stuff like Putin will nuke the entire europe for the fun of it, I'm talking about a scenario where Ukraine pushes inside russian territory and targets civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow, I had no idea Russian misinformation was a lethal weapon.
    Probably the most lethal they have.

I mean... just look at the President you just had or the Prime Minister we still have... or Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Now now now, you know there is no discussing moderation. If a certain poster keeps posting the same thing over and over, it must be because the rules allow it. I mean, there's no other good explanation, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Probably the most lethal they have.

I mean... just look at the President you just had or the Prime Minister we still have... or Brexit.
    Yeah, and as we've seen they're already trying again.

Is the US actively involved in Ukraine? Are they covering the ukrainian air space ?
    Nukes are a game changer.
    Do you have secret knowledge about "nuke interceptors" that would render Russian's single big threat ineffective ?
    Your secret knowledge that nukes will be used match my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all it's a magical unicorn scenario that will not happen ever.

Secondly, there is A LOT of steps between nothing and OMG NUKES. You have everything ranging from and not limited to: mass airstrikes, missiles, reserves, chemical and biological weapons and what not.

Nukes are and always will be the last resort, not some first response because some shitty depot out of hundreds if not thousands they have went up in flames or some peasant or 3 got caught in flames.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck with your way of thinking, they should have used nukes like ten times over. Tens of thousands soldiers dead/wounded, billions of dollars of equipment lost and still no nukes. One shitty depot going up - HOLY SHIT NUKES NOW this is IT!.

Don't be ridiculous.
    Address the scenario I was talking about. I never said they would use nukes over some blown up depos or over the deaths of their soldiers in ukraine.
    In a scenario where ukraine pushes inside russia and targets civilians do you think they won't use nukes ? Also most of the A LOT of steps you mentioned failed with only chemical / bio weapons left out so far.

They might actually use nukes if civilians are targeted inside russian territory.
    No they fucking won't.
    The moment Russia goes on a genocidal rampage will be the moment even China cuts them loose because.
    Right now Russia can do pretty much what it wants...that will change if you go down the chemicals and other crazy weapons route.

If Ukraine soldiers can actively push in Russia then Russian forces and equipment really are overrated.

Nukes are a game changer. Your secret knowledge that nukes will be used match my own.
    Nukes are not a game changer except during a single war in earth history.
    Nukes are joker cards that aren't in play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nukes are a game changer. Your secret knowledge that nukes will be used match my own.
    I'm talking about what would it take for Putin to actually use nukes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Address the scenario I was talking about. I never said they would use nukes over some blown up depos or over the deaths of their soldiers in ukraine.
    In a scenario where ukraine pushes inside russia and targets civilians do you think they won't use nukes ? Also most of the A LOT of steps you mentioned failed with only chemical / bio weapons left out so far.
    I don't address made up bullshit "cool story bro" scenarios.

You already been given an answer by Russia itself - if there is an existential threat to Russia, then nukes are on the table and not before.

And this is the answer. For the conventional war or even some miracle scenario of Ukraine pushing into Russia (lol) - Russia has enough means outside nukes to stop it dead cold, means I listed in my quote.

Russians have plenty conventional means and WMDs without having to resort to nukes if need to actually defend arises.

I'm talking about what would it take for Putin to actually use nukes.
    It'd prove to Putin’s staff that he's crazy, because what happens after that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No they fucking won't.
    The moment Russia goes on a genocidal rampage will be the moment even China cuts them loose because.
    Right now Russia can do pretty much what it wants...that will change if you go down the chemicals and other crazy weapons route.
    They already are on a genocidal rampage and all China does is to signal their interest to support Russia against the west.

It'd prove to Putin’s staff that he's crazy, because what happens after that?
    they already know he's fucking crazy, but they're too terrified to do anything
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    if there is an existential threat to Russia, then nukes are on the table
    There. You did address it. Was it that hard ?

10+ Year Old Account
    There. You did address it. Was it that hard ?
    It's literally a simple common sense. Every country capable of nuclear attack will use it facing existential threat, however a conventional war or someone pushing into 1/100th of country's territory is not an "existential threat".

Therefore your and OP's sick obsession with NUKES!! has no place in the whole convo of what may happen ever in this conflict. Even aside the ridiculousness of Ukraine actually pushing into Russia.