15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ah, so instead of Ukraine blowing up a Russian battleship because of how incompetent the crew was, the ship accidentally blew up... because of how incompetent the crew was?

Like, you can't really spin "Russia loses critical warship" as being a "Russian victory," here.
    I'm not saying it did or didn't happen. I'm saying that if it was hit by a missile then there would be causalities.
    Where are the reports of causalities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I'm not saying it did or didn't happen. I'm saying that if it was hit by a missile then there would be causalities.
    Why dont you put a scuba gear and see for yourself? Or did all those sailors adapt to underwater life too?

Who can etablish such report ?

Do you think russians would admit such casualties? They would be admitting to their great shame that Ukraine indeed hit the ship with missiles by using a cartoon trick that actually worked

And do you think ukrainians have time to salvage a warship during a war when it is far too risky to out there just to satisfy your doubts?

The ship has sunk, it is out of commission, and thus a major boon to Ukraine no matter how one wants to spin the russia stronk propaganda

Point being, whatever the cause was for Moskva's fire/explosion, and subsequent sinking during a "storm" (weather reports claimed it was NOT stormy), lack of casualties would be miraculous. Russia admits it was Ukraine, their mighty flagship brought down easily - or Russia denies all, and thus admits their mighty flagship just destroyed itself...Which one is less shameful?
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-04-17 at 12:05 PM.

Russian sources confirm that another general has been Ukrained.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russian sources confirm that another general has been Ukrained.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share
    Was that Ukrained by enemy fire, Ukrained by his COs for not winning in a weekend, or Ukrained via tank tread?

EDIT: Read the article, supposedly enemy fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Was that Ukrained by enemy fire, Ukrained by his COs for not winning in a weekend, or Ukrained via tank tread?

EDIT: Read the article, supposedly enemy fire.
    You would think that given all the shit thats happening fragging would be super common in russian army.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You would think that given all the shit thats happening fragging would be super common in russian army.
    Well, apparently Russian troops and seperatists got into a firefight near Kherson.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianCo...m_source=share

Gee, you're right. They must have just scuttled their flagship for funzies.

You do realize that regardless of what actually happened, this is still yet another embarrassing look for Russia, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Great to see the Invictus Games now in The Hague of all places.
    Russia never participated. Their soldiers probably don't get injured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    More like a new home for the fishes. We need new reefs anyway as quite a few are dying.
    problem is, the fuel needs to be removed, most the time you can get a few decades before the rust would be an issue, but this is a russian ship, so with their track record on doing proper maintenance.......
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

What you aren't stating - but assuming - is that Russia correctly report causalities among their troops.

Assuming Russia somewhat accurately report causalities then an explosion - regardless of whether it was caused by a missile hit or spontaneous combustion of the ammunition, would have led to causalities that would be reported if it were severe enough to seriously damage the ship.

So, unless you believe that nothing happened to the ship - despite Russian MoD claiming that there were an explosion, and it then sinking in the spontaneous storm in mild weather; then the only logical conclusion is that Russia don't report causalities in any meaningful correct way, and that Russia reporting only 1,351 dead soldiers (according to the latest report from March 25) is a lot lower than the true numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Gee, you're right. They must have just scuttled their flagship for funzies.

You do realize that regardless of what actually happened, this is still yet another embarrassing look for Russia, right?
    they did it on purpose because they are such great environmentalist who wanted to artificially create a new reef for the fishies.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Ehm, the fact Turkey rescued some 50 odd people and everyone else onboard is likely dead is not a casualty report to you?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter - https://twitter.com/moira_robin/stat...42893082042369

Zelenskyy: ‘E5’

Putin: ‘Miss. But ship spontaneously caught fire and sank.’

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean by reports of casualities? On one side, Russia is saying everyone is safe, and on the other side, Ukraine claims everyone died.

Obviously none of them are reliable. The truth is probably somewhere in-between.

So let's look at the facts here:

1- Russia has pretty much acknowledged that the ship was sinked by Ukraine's missiles. They declared there would be retaliation for this act of war, and the first target was the factory where the Neptune missiles were made. You don't make such a declaration and retaliation if it was an accident. This is essentially an admission that the ship was sunk by direct hits from those missiles.

2- A ship with so many people in it, getting hit by missiles that cause enough damage to sink it, it is impossible to have zero casualties.

3- There are at least 4 sailors that have been announced dead by relatives on Russian's social network, mourning their loss. So this confirms at least some deaths. This did not look like Ukraine's propaganda.

I imagine we will see a false flag on Russian soil any day now and an impending nuclear response.

Very scary shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Not sure what you mean by reports of casualities? On one side, Russia is saying everyone is safe, and on the other side, Ukraine claims everyone died.
    That's not what is claimed.

Ukraine haven't stated that everyone died; in general they have tried to avoid being too optimistic - they know they hit the ship - but since they weren't on it they cannot say how many died. However, they claimed that some died - including the captain (which would be reported separately; but such reports are not always accurate) - and some sources say that he might have survived (well, too bad for him in that case - question will be asked).

For Russia many of the reports have been unclear; but https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-...know/100992768 makes it clear that the claim was "The crew was completely evacuated." - which seems very farfetched even for an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I imagine we will see a false flag on Russian soil any day now and an impending nuclear response.

Very scary shit.
    Nah. There's no realistic false flag operation that would warrant a nuclear response.

I mean, there's really nothing that Ukraine could do to warrant a nuclear response, period.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nah. There's no realistic false flag operation that would warrant a nuclear response.

I mean, there's really nothing that Ukraine could do to warrant a nuclear response, period.
    I dunno, Putler is probably pissed that they have had the gall to resist his will for so long and his mouthpieces in the state media are demanding the utter destruction of Ukraine and its people.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers