Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That theater blast happened almost a week ago, if not more. There aren't that many theaters there.

Estimates are not based on any independently verified information as BBC article says; authorities making those claims fled the city.
    I like how you completely dodged the "Why would you bomb civilians?" part...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    If a mod believes the post was whataboutism, that was explicitly forbidden by another moderator in this very thread...What should be done about it?
    If it's not their subforum... same as anyone else really... report the post to the mods of that subforum.

If it is their subforum. I've seen that sometimes mods will recuse themselves of moderating a thread if they are actively involved in that thread. Avoids conflict of interest.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I like how you completely dodged the "Why would you bomb civilians?" part...

- - - Updated - - -

If it's not their subforum... same as anyone else really... report the post to the mods of that subforum.

If it is their subforum. I've seen that sometimes mods will recuse themselves of moderating a thread if they are actively involved in that thread. Avoids conflict of interest.
    They also tend to change font, size, or color for their "Professional Speaking Voice" as opposed to "Hey, fuck that guy" conversation/debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Why are you all so horny to engage Shalcker? Just ignore him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Pity.
    Given how tough times are in Ruskieland, the more engagement she gets, the better she looks to her superiors. No matter how fractally wrong she is. And lately she's been kinda frantic and panicky.
    If we just let her drop, it could be detrimental to her employment.
    We're trying to keep turnips on her plate.
    I'm tempted to start a gofundme for her. A goal of a million rubles.
    Which is like 3 bucks and a BOGO Blizzard coupon to Dairy Queen.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    *after the Fall of the USSR a lot of people were hoping they would open up like some of the other countries and that adversarial relationship would have been a thing of the past, but they seem to stuck to their old ways and tricks and have not grown up.
    Well a lot of things went wrong on both sides but the US decided that instead of engaging a version of the Marshall plan they would alienate Russia because we still needed an adversary. Since then several president have just treated Russian as "regional power" which hurt their pride. Every president after the fall kept trying to do a "reset" but it was pretty superficial, the story of Russia is that of missed opportunities on so many fronts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well a lot of things went wrong on both sides but the US decided that instead of engaging a version of the Marshall plan they would alienate Russia because we still needed an adversary. Since then several president have just treated Russian as "regional power" which hurt their pride. Every president after the fall kept trying to do a "reset" but it was pretty superficial, the story of Russia is that of missed opportunities on so many fronts.
    so they're being Vegeta?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    so they're being Vegeta?
    Vegeta changed it's too late now for Russia to change, I see them digging in and becoming a vassal state of China.

I think the Gov't *US started playing up China as the new baddie and would have worked ok in Russia's favor, but on the personal level a lot of people lost faith in Russia when the whole Putin "president for life thing started out" *permanent for life power is something that just does not sit well with most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I think the Gov't started playing up China as the new baddie and would have worked ok in Russia's favor, but on the personal level a lot of people lost faith in Russia when the whole Putin "president for life thing started out" *permanent for life power is something that just does not sit well with most of us.
    We are fine with permanent power it's just the Russian economy long term has very little future since they never made the switch to a service economy back in the day. They keep looking towards the past because it's difficult to break a new path for the future. It's frankly a shame but nothing can be done about it now even if Putin were to drop dead tomorrow the system in place would just put another version of him on top.

We are fine with permanent power it's just the Russian economy long term has very little future since they never made the switch to a service economy back in the day. They keep looking towards the past because it's difficult to break a new path for the future. It's frankly a shame but nothing can be done about it now even if Putin were to drop dead tomorrow the system in place would just put another version of him on top.
    that's why I said it was on a personal (population level) The Gov't usually less worried about it as long as it's stable.

*when they first broke their own term limits I started seeing people looking at Russia as USSR lite *falling back into their old ways.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-03-25 at 09:05 PM. Reason: *update

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I think they are all just waiting for the moment he looses his shit.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

Why should Russia be content being mere "gas station" to EU? It appears you want to deny Russia any agency or influence abroad.

There was opportunity to get Russia to join NATO. That opportunity was missed.

Now we're stuck in adversarial relationship.
    Again, Russia REFUSED to apply to NATO. That is not on NATO, that is on Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So yes, of course this could be a trick. This could be more of Putin's clever planning and strategy that's gotten them to this point so far.
    Russia advancing in the opposite direction. Waiting for Shalcker explanation of the "successful mission" in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Russia advancing in the opposite direction. Waiting for Shalcker explanation of the "successful mission" in the north.
    all of those men and vehicles made a noble sacrifice during the genius tactical 'feint'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    all of those men and vehicles made a noble sacrifice during the genius tactical 'feint'
    Special operation feint by little green men on exercise
    Goebbels Kremlin logic
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Russian Doritos make for a great feint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russians are apparently taking care of their own leadership.

Who needs enemies with troops like these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Russians are apparently taking care of their own leadership.

Who needs enemies with troops like these.
    The "Russia strong" people around here forced to make the binary decision of whether this is an example of Russian mutiny, or just Russian incompetence: Either they intentionally killed their commander, or they only accidentally killed their commander.

Damn, it's crazy how somehow is going to tell me that the USA is still responsible for this somehow, isn't it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.