Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Orban got his marching orders it seems. Hungary wants to lift sanctions on russia.
    A Hungarian military jet - which mostly gets used to haul his around when he's on holiday - flew to St. Petersburg on Tuesday and only returned on Thursday. The military is not telling who did what there, but Orbán had no public appearances during that time.

Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    He's going to be the tripping stone towards NATO then, if he's that clearly paid off by Putler.
    You know there is no procedure to kick someone out of the EU but you absolutely can suspend a NATO member.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The question is, how?
    Money, obviously. EU Commission already proposed it (unprecedentedly and unanimously) last week. 65% (7.5 bilion euros) less funding from EU. Voting it next month, and Hungary needs like 5 countries total to reject it. Enough is enough.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-22 at 02:31 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know there is no procedure to kick someone out of the EU but you absolutely can suspend a NATO member.
    And frankly, where Turkey has leverage Hungary's is a whole lot less when/if the choice comes up between Hungary and Sweden/Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Money, obviously. EU Commission already proposed it (unprecedentedly and unanimously) last week. 65% (7.5 bilion euros) less funding from EU. Voting it next month, and Hungary needs like 5 countries total to reject it. Enough is enough.
    I mean sure but it still won't matter imo

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure but it still won't matter imo
    Wont matter, if they loose this amount of money? #doubt. EU money is the only thing that keeps Hungary in EU.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-22 at 03:58 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So I guess some of the Russian milbloggers are getting called up and suddenly this war is a lot less fun and exciting for them.

Oh noooooooooooes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Russian infantry have been literally sprinting back to Russia from Ukraine, including openly refusing orders to return to the fight. Yet Russia thinks 300k draftees are going to be committed fighters in Ukraine? They'll be even worse cannon fodder than the troops they've already sent there. Like a Hogan's Heroes episode of being sent to the Eastern Front in WW2 as punishment.

There were reports today that even some Russian protesters against the draft that were arrested were given draft papers - while in jail. Enlisted leave their tanks and equipment in droves, yet they think draftees won't. That's a bold strategy Cotton.

As for the vague nuclear threat, Putin has been doing this since day 1 of the invasion. When the invasion began he made similar vague threats. Since atomic weapons were developed, there has always been a semblance of sanity by the countries that have that power to not threaten use of them against smaller neighbors to bully them into submission. So it's a very dangerous road that Russia is treading with the threats, both for their neighbors and for Russia. If Russia is truly willing to do that, it opens the door to all kinds of things including pre-emptive strikes against them to prevent it if another country believes their use is imminent. Not trying to be doomsday alarmist because I do believe the powers at be will not let it come to that. But, the general consensus from many is that the next few weeks could be fairly dicey as the sham referendums are passed there to try to steal more Ukrainian territory, since Russia is saying they'll then consider an attack on any of those areas in Ukraine as an attack on Russia proper.

It's like a guy robbing a bank, and then threatening to kill anyone that tries to take back "his" money that he stole. That's the moral and logical level we're dealing with.

that 300k is too low, looks like alot more getting drafted. 1million walking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    that 300k is too low, looks like alot more getting drafted. 1million walking dead.
    Pretty wild that Russia reports 6k dead orcs but need 300k...no...1 MILLION orcs to replace 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Pretty wild that Russia reports 6k dead orcs but need 300k...no...1 MILLION orcs to replace 6000
    there will be noone to overthrow putin if he sends a generation into the meat grinder against a veteran ukrainian force in winter.

Knowing Russia the logistics will be garbage, ww2 gear and who knows how they are going to train or feed these new recruits.

Knowing Russia the logistics will be garbage, ww2 gear and who knows how they are going to train or feed these new recruits.
    How many uniforms do you think they can make outta that one super fat general/colonel dudes uniform? Or will they just have like 2-3 soldiers wear the uniform at once? Effective way to sharing body heat during the winter, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How many uniforms do you think they can make outta that one super fat general/colonel dudes uniform? Or will they just have like 2-3 soldiers wear the uniform at once? Effective way to sharing body heat during the winter, I guess.
    maybe its 1 uniform to 2 guys, when the first guy dies the other guy gets to take the uniform.

5+ Year Old Account
    Presumably the article that said 300k was witheld from the public eye. Chances on the actual number being way higher than 300k seem realistic. Because I agree, at this point 300K badly equipped troops with barely any training are not going to do anything except raise the death toll. But how many would actually be enough.

I mean... in a lot of war games the worst or one of the worst possible troops one can train are militia, basically citizens given some very basic equipment. At this point they are up against troops that are trained at the actual barracks with tier 3 upgrades. No amount of militia troops is going to get through that.

So they're going to send 200 drones after a failed zergling rush? Sound strategy.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Presumably the article that said 300k was witheld from the public eye. Chances on the actual number being way higher than 300k seem realistic. Because I agree, at this point 300K badly equipped troops with barely any training are not going to do anything except raise the death toll. But how many would actually be enough.

I mean... in a lot of war games the worst or one of the worst possible troops one can train are militia, basically citizens given some very basic equipment. At this point they are up against troops that are trained at the actual barracks with tier 3 upgrades. No amount of militia troops is going to get through that.
    They were not even able to support 100K troops at the beginning when everything was going 'well' and they were fully stocked.

Now that HIMARS are constantly pounding supply lines, how are those 300K supposed to survive the Ukrainian Winter in the field?

Where do you hide 300K soldiers when you don't have air superiority and you are outrange by your opponent?

This is going to be a slaughter... hopefully this whole crazyness will be resolved before it comes to that. No one is crazy enough to go undergeared, underdressed and without any equipment or support into a war against a better opponent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    This is going to be a slaughter... hopefully this whole crazyness will be resolved before it comes to that. No one is crazy enough to go undergeared, underdressed and without any equipment or support into a war against a better opponent.
    Welcome to Russia that never discarded it's Soviet roots. This is EXACTLY what may happen. Tanks "reactive armour" and such should give us an idea how thing are working there.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-22 at 06:42 PM.

Haha, have you been following this war at all?

It does look more like 1million are being mobilized.

I think they will just be used to go sit in trenches which will give Ukrainians the same opportunity they had with the last offensive push. Storming low quality troops positions.

If they use them as a human wave attack (like Iran did) it would be completely fucking mental.

protests in Chechnya, not being funny some of you have been giving it out to russian protesters but would you go on the streets if you could get 10 years in prison of forcibly drafted. And probably much much worse in Chechnya.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-09-22 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does look more like 1million are being mobilized.

I think they will just be used to go sit in trenches which will give Ukrainians the same opportunity they had with the last offensive push. Storming low quality troops positions.

If they use them as a human wave attack (like Iran did) it would be completely fucking mental.

protests in Chechnya, not being funny some of you have been giving it out to russian protesters but would you go on the streets if you could get 10 years in prison of forcibly drafted. And probably much much worse in Chechnya.
    Wait...protests in Chechnya AGAINST mobilization?