Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Putin just gave a huge speech basically outlining why he is about to declare war on the US and nuke the US. The final holdup to the war is waiting for the Russian legislature to pass the paperwork formally annexing the Ukrainian regions. The legislature is supposedly taking this up October 4th.

This has been a religious war from the start. Putin summed his list of grievances with the West that he has said over and over again for the past 15 years (liberalism is satanic, homosexuality is immoral, sex changes of kids is immoral, abortion is immortal, etc.), and the cherry on top was when he hinted that the fact that the US is the only nation in history to nuke nukes (Atomic bombs on Japan to end WW2), that this gives Russia the authority to nuke the US.

Grim days, indeed.

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status...29807593533441
    He tries it and his country ends up like Reach from Halo. However it is not going to happen, if someone is committed to using nuclear weapons, why the fuck would they have to wait for some paperwork. It's not like Putin has ever obeyed what rules have been written before. So tell me Yuppie 2.0 why is he waiting, cause using nukes and everything goes out the window anyways. Why not just use them now?

Putin just gave a huge speech basically outlining why he is about to declare war on the US and nuke the US. The final holdup to the war is waiting for the Russian legislature to pass the paperwork formally annexing the Ukrainian regions. The legislature is supposedly taking this up October 4th.

This has been a religious war from the start. Putin summed his list of grievances with the West that he has said over and over again for the past 15 years (liberalism is satanic, homosexuality is immoral, sex changes of kids is immoral, abortion is immortal, etc.), and the cherry on top was when he hinted that the fact that the US is the only nation in history to nuke nukes (Atomic bombs on Japan to end WW2), that this gives Russia the authority to nuke the US.

Grim days, indeed.

You believe in some insane stuff. It's really worrying the lengths you'll go to to knight for terrible people.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Ukrainians are putting the kia total around Lyman at 1500 Russians.

https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/statu...l6joro_R-VgeRQ

Grim days, indeed.

the bolded part is nonsense rest is fine. You keep doing this by taking information and then skewing it to your end of the world fetish like yuppie.

Just curious, what are you personally doing if you think nukes are going to be used? got a plan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Ukrainians are putting the kia total around Lyman at 1500 Russians.

https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/statu...l6joro_R-VgeRQ
    With the "normal" ratio dead to injured that's what? 4-5000 casualties total? Give or take a few hundred

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    With the "normal" ratio dead to injured that's what? 4-5000 casualties total? Give or take a few hundred
    Might not have been a lot of wounded by the sounds of it. The Russians just abandoned anyone hit in their rout and many who might have survived didn't because they didn't receive medical care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    "Putin wants to end the world in nuclear fire, but he is waiting for the paperwork first".

I don't even know where to start on this insanity lol.
    that wasnt what i said. but its hilarious that you cannot grasp the concept of a nation making a mistake in a war. are you seriously telling me that you think wars are fought with sound logic and perfect decision making? have you ever watched people try to make decisions????

im not here to answer WHY putin might want to file paperwork before nuking. im telling you that is what it damn well looks like.

to paraphrase Einstein: "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe,"

but it is funny as HELL to watch you try to mock me based on an argument that humans always make logical choices. hahahaahahhaahahh
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    that wasnt what i said. but its hilarious that you cannot grasp the concept of a nation making a mistake in a war. are you seriously telling me that you think wars are fought with sound logic and perfect decision making? have you ever watched people try to make decisions????

im not here to answer WHY putin might want to file paperwork before nuking. im telling you that is what it damn well looks like.

to paraphrase Einstein: "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe,"

but it is funny as HELL to watch you try to mock me based on an argument that humans always make logical choices. hahahaahahhaahahh
    So let me guess, this is a plea from you for the US and the EU to back off, for Ukraine to surrender, and for Russia to get everything it wants, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Putin doesn't have a little red button to press. He doesn't even have sole authority to use nukes. And even if a consensus is reached, it then has to go down the chain of command and would require everyone involved drinking the cool-aid.

This isn't anything new. Putin rattles the nuclear sabre every couple of months since forever. And ignore the propagandist - they know, despite trying to convince the gullible otherwise that NATO would respond if an attack was made on them.

im telling you that is what it damn well looks like.
    You've been saying that for the last half decade, and literally every single one of your "this is what it looks like" has been 100% wrong. It's amazing you've ignored reality smacking every single conspiracy of yours down and you still believe yourself to be a prophet of some kind.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Yes, actually. You'd be surprised to learn that the higher you go, the better people seem to be at decision making. It's like the better they get at their jobs, the more experienced they get, the more trust they earned to make the right decisions. It's absolutely amazing to see military folks make decisions, by the way. See, that's one of the core parts of their training. Like, to nuke or not to nuke? That's a question they've been answering for the past 80 years in, oh it must be millions of wargames by now. It's not like there's a lot of choices to begin with. Once you come to terms with MAD, it's a really binary solution that can be reduced to this: "Do I want to die today or not?"

Everytime you answer that with "Not today." you don't launch nukes.

AMAZING. I know. This hyped up new technology called logic, god... it's stealth logic is what it is, I tell you. You don't see it, but it's there, and then it ambushes you when you least expect it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Putin doesn't have a little red button to press. He doesn't even have sole authority to use nukes.
    True, but none in the troika of Putin, Shoigu and Gerasimov inspire confidence.

And even if a consensus is reached, it then has to go down the chain of command and would require everyone involved drinking the cool-aid.
    And information would also have to go up the chain of command, and any deployment of new weapons would likely be noticed before they happen.

So far Russia has had so long delays in those chains of commands (despite Putin allegedly bypassing them) that they are likely to target a place Ukraine have already left - for conventional weapons, and I don't see how tactical weapons would improve that from Russian perspective. In the unlikely event that they are used I would more fear a scorched earth strategy.

Is that followed by the US civil war, in which Russia and China helps the Alpha Incel Trumpkins slaughter all libcucks and other untermenschen? That was one of your frequent fantasies also, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    True, but none in the troika of Putin, Shoigu and Gerasimov inspire confidence.
    Gerasimov is, allegedly, more a loyalist to russia than putin, that's not to say he won't consent but his loyalty is apparently a bit different.

Also, after this Troika the rest of the army generals need to agree, then the order must be signed, delivered and executed, and all those parts can say: "no" (or so my understanding is of the russian process). It's not a quick process to initiate a first strike.

As I understand it, the US has a process that is far quicker to launch nukes than Russia. And considering past near-launches, we were very glad that the Russian military insisted on such a procedure.

15+ Year Old Account
    AP News: 10 Torture sites in 1 town

At a mass grave site created by the Russians and discovered in the woods of Izium, at least 30 of the 447 bodies recently excavated bore visible marks of torture — bound hands, close gunshot wounds, knife wounds and broken limbs, according to the Kharkiv regional prosecutor’s office. Those injuries corresponded to the descriptions of the pain inflicted upon the survivors.
    Men with links to Ukrainian forces were singled out repeatedly for torture, but any adult man risked getting caught up. Matilda Bogner, the head of the U.N. human rights mission in Ukraine, told the AP they had documented “widespread practices of torture or ill-treatment of civilian detainees” by Russian forces and affiliates. Torture of soldiers was also systemic, she said.
    For the men, Room 6 was for electrocution. Room 9 was for waterboarding
    Putler shows his love for his Russian brothers he liberate in Ukraine..

Russia is so thoroughly FUCKED for decades even after a (positive)regime shift.
    What a shitass country Russia is, never learn from history of its treatment to both its own population as well as others.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Russia launching nukes would require a helluva lot of smart people to disregard not only logic but basic self-preservation entirely and accept that they, their families, and all their loved ones will likely die in nuclear fire over a glorified border dispute and grudge match. Even if they're the sort of sociopath who only cares about The Country in an abstract sense, everyone who has two braincells to rub together know that that the second said country launches a nuke, its time to exist can be counted in hours.

Much like your wet dream of an American civil war, it's not going to happen.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I just hope Ukraine takes a bunch of Russia's land as it seems only fair after this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just hope Ukraine takes a bunch of Russia's land as it seems only fair after this.
    Nah, not gonna happen. They would loose support from the West and 180° Russian morale. Not even telling if they can do it, given they want to retake their territories first.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-02 at 03:00 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    the closest (and it would be a LONG SHOT) would be a demilitarized zone carved out of the Russian land on their western border, and that would only happen if Putin and a lot of over hardliners committed suicide but failing off a balcony after putting two poisoned bullets in their back as tends to oddly happen.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.