Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually legitimately surprised blizzard found a way to make the season of mastery even more pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This doesn't even sound like bug is the right word, I'm not a computer programmer but I gotta imagine stopping transfers from certain realms shouldn't really be that challenging.
    it's not a bug, it's not an exploit, so using those terms on the front page is not only disingenuous, it's also a fucking disgrace and implies wrongdoing on the part of the people who used a system as it was intended, regardless of what actions they took once they arrived at their chosen realm, the system, and by extension the 'loophole' was fully working as intended, obviously some malicious actors moved there to cause trouble, but the system that allowed them to do that wasn't 'bugged' and there was certainly no 'exploit' at play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it's not a bug, it's not an exploit, so using those terms on the front page is not only disingenuous, it's also a fucking disgrace and implies wrongdoing on the part of the people who used a system as it was intended, regardless of what actions they took once they arrived at their chosen realm, the system, and by extension the 'loophole' was fully working as intended, obviously some malicious actors moved there to cause trouble, but the system that allowed them to do that wasn't 'bugged' and there was certainly no 'exploit' at play.
    The system to be able to transfer to a SoM realm wasn't intended though. Some people abused an unintended system to cause trouble, and should be punished accordingly for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    The system to be able to transfer to a SoM realm wasn't intended though. Some people abused an unintended system to cause trouble, and should be punished accordingly for it.
    the fact that the destination realm was a totally fresh new realm with none of the items they had equipped available is irrelevant though, the system, as it is intended to be used, is to transfer a player character from their 'home' realm to a new realm of their choosing, that's how the system works, that's what happened, irrespective of whether the new realm was intended to be a part of that ecosystem is something that should have been sorted out before the system was enabled, and that fault lies squarely on blizzard, nothing whatsoever to do with the players that used the system, insinuating it is, is just ridiculous and calling it an 'exploit' as per the front page article about this is bad form and as i said above, disingenuous.

you can argue the semantics of those who used the system to engage in exploitative and disruptive behaviour once on the new realm, but the use of the system was not an exploit, it was something that was working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    the fact that the destination realm was a totally fresh new realm with none of the items they had equipped available is irrelevant though, the system, as it is intended to be used, is to transfer a player character from their 'home' realm to a new realm of their choosing, that's how the system works, that's what happened, irrespective of whether the new realm was intended to be a part of that ecosystem is something that should have been sorted out before the system was enabled, and that fault lies squarely on blizzard, nothing whatsoever to do with the players that used the system, insinuating it is, is just ridiculous and calling it an 'exploit' as per the front page article about this is bad form and as i said above, disingenuous.

you can argue the semantics of those who used the system to engage in exploitative and disruptive behaviour once on the new realm, but the use of the system was not an exploit, it was something that was working as intended.
    The fact the destination realm was a realm that was not intended to be able to be transferred to, is indeed Blizzard's fault. It could well have been a bug or simply an oversight, I doubt Blizzard will ever let us know.

Knowingly transferring to that destination realm when you know full well it is not intended to be able to transfer to that realm, is abusing the fault in the system and as I said, should in my opinion not go unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Just goes to show that, given the chance, some people will go out of their way to ruin the spirit and intent of something that's supposed to be fun the way it's presented. Humanity sucks.
    You're just mad you didn't think of it first.

i like the fact that the guy who was caught doing it on the video is named indiecompany. trolling while exploiting hell yeah. just a small indie company ya know. rofl.

It sounds like blizz is just either really lazy or some of the people working on the game just aren't qualified for what they are doing lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    That's below the belt though. Or should we say: below the painting.
    So close, you should have said Below the Cubicle desk.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    i like the fact that the guy who was caught doing it on the video is named indiecompany. trolling while exploiting hell yeah. just a small indie company ya know. rofl.
    Didn't know that.

That's awesome lol
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact the destination realm was a realm that was not intended to be able to be transferred to, is indeed Blizzard's fault. It could well have been a bug or simply an oversight, I doubt Blizzard will ever let us know.

Knowingly transferring to that destination realm when you know full well it is not intended to be able to transfer to that realm, is abusing the fault in the system and as I said, should in my opinion not go unpunished.
    Oh hey, so I will go to the bank and take all the money that I see. It is supposed to be in a vault anyway, but they put it there in front of my eyes. I can not tell what is right and what is wrong, so I of course can take it. Or else they should have thought about hiding it before i walked in.

Please... Clearly, everyone knows that you are not meant to do that, it obviously is not intended to work that way. So they should simply get a ban, maybe just a 3 days, whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Oh hey, so I will go to the bank and take all the money that I see. It is supposed to be in a vault anyway, but they put it there in front of my eyes. I can not tell what is right and what is wrong, so I of course can take it. Or else they should have thought about hiding it before i walked in.

Please... Clearly, everyone knows that you are not meant to do that, it obviously is not intended to work that way. So they should simply get a ban, maybe just a 3 days, whatever.
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, or if you've misunderstood me, but I think we're saying the same thing.

I agree a short suspension would be suitable in this situation.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, or if you've misunderstood me, but I think we're saying the same thing.

I agree a short suspension would be suitable in this situation.
    Ouch, was meant to quote the guy justifying it instead, my mistake
    Yeah, you are right.

This was actually my guild mate who did this. He reported the issue to blizz and came back 4 hours later and nothing had happened so he thought "what the hell" so they ended up having some fun. His toon was returned to classic server, and money was refunded. A few of the others that xfered over did fuck with the economy and buy out the whole AH and gave away money and shit which all had to be reversed. Who cares if a few people got griefed for a few hours in bg's. The server they xfered to was not populated at all, it only cost about 1400g to buy out the whole ah.

And all the people comparing it to just walking into a bank and the vault is open and they just take the money because "oh well" if anything i'd compare it to someone leaving something of value outside the front of their home, on the footpath or median strip, telling the owners it's out there and it might get stolen, and the owners are like "it's fine no one will take it" then someone comes along and takes it thinking that it's been tossed out. Then the owners having to track down said item and get it back because technically "it's stealing" and then the person giving it back without much of a fuss because it's not a big loss to them.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    playing the game normaly and doing nothing abnormat cant be considered an exploit,just like if i drop a 100$ bill and you find it later isnt stealing
    This analogy is absolutely garbage though:

If you drop a 100, and I find it later, I have absolutely no way of knowing who it belongs to. It's obviously not mine, but since there is an effectively zero chance of ever figuring out who it actually belongs to, picking it up and keeping it falls into an "acceptable" morally grey area of "me doing this isn't really wrong".

If I SEE you drop a 100, and just decide to pick it up and keep it, that is different. That is wrong, and I KNOW it is wrong, because I know the money is not mine, I 100% know the money is YOURS, and I am deciding to keep it anyway. That would straight up be theft, without any of the morally grey area of "being completely unable to identify the original owner".

Doing something you know is wrong, just because you can, is still wrong.

And sorry, but any attempt to put the blame on the person who dropped it is fucking moronic, especially in the case of the second scenario. It doesn't absolve you of the fact that you are doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2021-12-06 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choochooImaPlane View Post
    This was actually my guild mate who did this. He reported the issue to blizz and came back 4 hours later and nothing had happened so he thought "what the hell" so they ended up having some fun. His toon was returned to classic server, and money was refunded. A few of the others that xfered over did fuck with the economy and buy out the whole AH and gave away money and shit which all had to be reversed. Who cares if a few people got griefed for a few hours in bg's. The server they xfered to was not populated at all, it only cost about 1400g to buy out the whole ah.

And all the people comparing it to just walking into a bank and the vault is open and they just take the money because "oh well" if anything i'd compare it to someone leaving something of value outside the front of their home, on the footpath or median strip, telling the owners it's out there and it might get stolen, and the owners are like "it's fine no one will take it" then someone comes along and takes it thinking that it's been tossed out. Then the owners having to track down said item and get it back because technically "it's stealing" and then the person giving it back without much of a fuss because it's not a big loss to them.
    Damn, they didnt fix what that person reported in 4 hours? It's a free for all then.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Wonder how many cardiac arrests happened when copium people came up with defense lines on their mind but saw a top player make fun of Blizzard with its Indiecompany name.

This thread just shows the all-time low of the 'copium' forum trolls.

You see a person that spent tons of time farming gear just exploit and yolo himself in to a permanent ban in a spectacular way, propably because of both ABK and the games state.
    Last edited by Redshirtz; 2021-12-06 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    playing the game normaly and doing nothing abnormat cant be considered an exploit,just like if i drop a 100$ bill and you find it later isnt stealing
    Finding money and keeping it is actually theft or larceny, depending on your state's legal wordage.

https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/cri...ney-theft.html